It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost photo of UFO found

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf
I've been reading this thread with keen interest but have held back any comment until I'd had time to review the high-res tiff (always an important step in such cases).

I've got to admit to being compelled by this one, as despite been baited, IAMTAT has patiently following member instructions to the point where we have a nice scan of an original photograph to study.

At first I was disappointed with the 'string' theory and almost didn't look at the image but something TXRabbit posted got me thinking.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the line people are seeing is actually the capital K of 'TAKEN' that is visible on the image from the reverse. Hadn't seen anyone mention this so far so thought I'd bring it up.

Really enjoying the thread and wondered if anyone agrees with this line of thought

p.s I'll upload my photo analysis when I sort out my photobucket account (ats uploading is disabled atm).
edit on 28-11-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

WOW...great call! I have just held the original photo up to a strong light....and the K falls EXACTLY where you said it did! Brilliant!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
reply to post by phantomjack

Oh.... and another thing - I believe that the engineering in the design of a propulsion unit, that is cabable of FTL speeds, depends on a disc shape; in order for it to travel at many times the speed of light. This is almost a given, since other-worlder saucer craft's, have been sighted by Earthling's as disc shaped craft's.

With all due respect, we do not know that. Humans have not developed any such device, nor are we close to it. The closest we have right now is ION propulsion, and that unit is not disc shaped, but rather rectangular, from all of the images I have seen over the years.

I am just not sure I am with you on this concept

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by RSF77
Okay, OP sent me 4 files (one each of .bmp, .jpg, .pdf and .tif uncompressed) through email, I compressed them with 7zip and uploaded them here:

LostUFO.7z on Megaupload

Quite impressive resolution and detail on that UFO, have at it guys, do your magic!

This is getting interesting!

Pause for edit of this post I will upload them individually and uncompressed if anyone wants that to avoid compression errors...

HERE THEY ARE!

That size is what I'd expect for a good scan. They should not have been compressed however. That was a mistake. They use terms like lossless compression but it's not true. All compression is lossy and they play word games. I'll try the link later as it appears the site is down.

I'm getting an error message off that link however and cannot download.

This link still works, and compressing files into a zip or 7z format DOES NOT change the compression characteristics of the photo at all, what so ever.

LINK

The photos, once extracted, are in their original UNCOMPRESSED format.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Cheers! To be honest TXRabbit deserves the credit, all I did was look for other possible causes for a line at that exact location. So the mystery continues ......

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

Cheers! To be honest TXRabbit deserves the credit, all I did was look for other possible causes for a line at that exact location. So the mystery continues ......

...AND it explains perfectly why that line/antenna stopped so short.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan

Originally posted by phantomjack

Possible bad news folks. There appears to be a string/cable at the top of the "ship" as shown in this enhanced view in Photoshop.

I can see a vertical line, as well as some sort of mooring at the very center/top of the artifact. I have two BLUE lines pointing to it.

LINK

I knew i've seen something similar before, here's a quick paste job to show what i mean, the ufo pic found on the net has very similar characteristics as the one on this pic, except for the right side where this one has some form of structure, other than that they look pretty much the same, including the antenna and bottom part, but the one on this thread is obscured, you can still see the outline and it is about the same, and both have that reflection on the left side of the photo.

imageshack.us...

edit on 28-11-2011 by Kaifan because: Image embedding didn't work

edit on 28-11-2011 by Kaifan because: added missing 'n' :-P

I dont know bro. I still see the rim of the original OP photo, and the one you found "on the net" to be different. The OP's is 5x as thick as the one you show. They are similar, but not the same.

However, what is weird is that yours actually shows what looks to be an antenna, right where I suspected a cable/string to be....very, very interesting.

Maybe the hoaxer found your pic, used it as a model. Wait, that would mean this photo was created after 1995 or so, if he were to have found it on the net, that is...

Good find.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

It might be the top of the K, but would the line really be that thin?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
98 flags for this crap pic.

god everyone on this site is truly gullible and should be ridiculed for what they will believe!!

666 -- its not about the flags. Its about the discussion. Geesh. Is that jealousy that is oozing out? Or are you just having a bad day?

This thread has been kept very civil. No need for you to come crap all over it. If you don't like the subject, move on...nothing to see here.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Let me first say that I am an open-minded person. I do not disbelieve anything because I have never seen it, nor do I jump to believe something has happened just because it correlates with something I believe in. That being said, to me it looks like when the picture was taken from the front, it looked pin straight, but when taken from the back to show the writing, it appeared to have creases in it as if it had been folded. Were the pictures taken at different times?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Erno86

Oh.... and another thing - I believe that the engineering in the design of a propulsion unit, that is cabable of FTL speeds, depends on a disc shape; in order for it to travel at many times the speed of light. This is almost a given, since other-worlder saucer craft's, have been sighted by Earthling's as disc shaped craft's.

With all due respect, we do not know that. Humans have not developed any such device, nor are we close to it. The closest we have right now is ION propulsion, and that unit is not disc shaped, but rather rectangular, from all of the images I have seen over the years.

Blasting down into a sub-dimension in order to bypass normal spacetime and jump from one spot to another, I always figured the device would look spherical, although it would actually be a torus -- a spherical ring, like a donut, with a sub/trans-dimensional part of it that "fell into" itself in the middle. You'd control where/when you wanted to go by blasting yourself toward the center of the torus. Depending on how much energy you put into it and the angle at which you entered it would determine where and when you popped back out of it. So the long-distance interstellar travel machine would probably be spherical in shape.

That said, once you got where you were going, and if you intended to fly around in an atmosphere or aquasphere of some kind, an saucer would be a good, efficient shape to use to get around.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

body
After my father passed away this year, amoung his things I found this photo he had been sent from a friend. The photo was of a UFO he had witnessed in the Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania sometime around 1970.
My dad was raised in this area, so I assume this was sent from someone he knew well.

I have seen a photo of similar craft with similar backgrounds from this area in UFO books, but never from this position relative to the mountains and tree-line in the background. To the best of my knowledge, this is an original never- before-published UFO photo printed on Konica 100 paper (see back). Enjoy.

Really interesting. Are you going to scan this in to preserve it? These pictures of the photo don't do it justice.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm going to give you my initial impression, for what it is worth. When I first saw the photo (the first link OP posted), I immediately thought the photo looked like it was a picture with a hole cut in it that was laying on top of another picture. The wavy dark lines on the unidentified object just looked like pictures of tree tops to me. But then the OP posted pics where the photo was held up, so I tossed that idea.

Then I thought, well, it looks like someone was holding something by a string, and probably standing on a vista holding the object up in the air when they snapped the photo - I still don't rule that one out. I thought that because the object looked like it is being held flat by gravity, like it is suspended by a string tied to the middle of the top. It really doesn't seem to fit when you look at it. The object spans three treetops (I count) in width which is really maybe a 30 or 40 foot diameter for most taller trees in Pennsylvania, meaning that the distance the object was shot at does not seem proportional to the size it appears on the photo, or so I thought.

And as far as someone mentioning an anomaly in the lower lefthand corner. I noticed this right away too. My thinking is that the anomaly could be a web in the tree, which was made by tree worms. If so, that would be consistant with the area where the back of the photo states it was taken.

I'm not really into UFOs, and I can't say I am a believer, but I am certainly open to the possibility, as doing years of conspiracy research I am firmly convinced there is lots going on out there that I thought I had a clue about, but I really had none. I have to agree with others though, that even if the photo is legit it proves absolutely nothing because the circumstances around it are a mystery, which makes the photo about as good for evidence as our modern interpretation of a cave painting. If anything, the photo is a good exercise in skills of observation, investigation, and general research.

Thanks for the photo OP!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I've been reading this thread with keen interest but have held back any comment until I'd had time to review the high-res tiff (always an important step in such cases).

I've got to admit to being compelled by this one, as despite been baited, IAMTAT has patiently following member instructions to the point where we have a nice scan of an original photograph to study.

At first I was disappointed with the 'string' theory and almost didn't look at the image but something TXRabbit posted got me thinking.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the line people are seeing is actually the capital K of 'TAKEN' that is visible on the image from the reverse. Hadn't seen anyone mention this so far so thought I'd bring it up.

Really enjoying the thread and wondered if anyone agrees with this line of thought

p.s I'll upload my photo analysis when I sort out my photobucket account (ats uploading is disabled atm).

WOW...great call! I have just held the original photo up to a strong light....and the K falls EXACTLY where you said it did! Brilliant!

Ditto! You guys stole my thunder! I was going to suggest getting a scan of the back and imposing the two to see if those artifacts were from the back of the photo from the text.

Good job! Star to you.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Good thread OP!

I do not believe that any attached string would show up in the image. The string would be equally blurry as the edge of the ufo and hardly visible these days. The "string" anomaly posted earlier in the thread appears knife sharp compared to the edges of the ufo itself. A contradiction.

I love the picture, has a real genuine tonal quality to it of that time which is very hard to fake digitally. Could be a prank ( suspended disc on a string ), could be real, surely a cool picture!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by digitalf

It might be the top of the K, but would the line really be that thin?

I take your point, but I rely less on digital reproductions when we now have the source scan, until someone else can reproduce the the same line who's to say that the analysis hasn't been manipulated ?
I've run the tiff through a number of photoshop enhancements and HDR parses and can't get a line to appear that thin, maybe I need better software or more experience in the field - the 'K' is an absolute influence and position to be mis-represented - just an observation.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ramle

body
After my father passed away this year, amoung his things I found this photo he had been sent from a friend. The photo was of a UFO he had witnessed in the Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania sometime around 1970.
My dad was raised in this area, so I assume this was sent from someone he knew well.

I have seen a photo of similar craft with similar backgrounds from this area in UFO books, but never from this position relative to the mountains and tree-line in the background. To the best of my knowledge, this is an original never- before-published UFO photo printed on Konica 100 paper (see back). Enjoy.

Really interesting. Are you going to scan this in to preserve it? These pictures of the photo don't do it justice.

We have some good scans now. Please read into the thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

True, that applies to pretty much everything on the internet, or everything everywhere for that matter.

The way I see it, hoax or not it is still an interesting piece of culture and has value all in itself. I'm not saying you didn't, others obviously haven't, but you really need to read the entire thread to appreciate this picture.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just curious if the OP or others might know.... was this picture taken anywhere near Kecksburg? Just looking for fire power to fuel my crazy, self indulgent imagination.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
Just curious if the OP or others might know.... was this picture taken anywhere near Kecksburg? Just looking for fire power to fuel my crazy, self indulgent imagination.

It just says "Allegheny Mountains Pennsylvania".

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyHippie1
And as far as someone mentioning an anomaly in the lower lefthand corner. I noticed this right away too. My thinking is that the anomaly could be a web in the tree, which was made by tree worms. If so, that would be consistant with the area where the back of the photo states it was taken.

Interesting comment about the tree worms. Back in 1971-72, Pennsylvania was inundated with the Gypsy moth. THey were every where. The Gypsy moth forms these white webs and are very dense in the trees. You may have actually dated this photo, if that were in fact what we are looking at here.

However, they outbreak was VERY dense. To have them in just one, low laying tree, would be abnormal. They would be able to be seen in all of the trees there.

Here is what they look like:

Article

Good find!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join