It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Moving Tanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have no idea where they are going with these tanks,But it seems like they are going somewhere real quick.couls someone translate to see what they are saying thx...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
They are either moving them to kill more of their own citizens or moving them to a location that they feel will be safe from NATO airstrikes, err, "no fly zones". Either way this whole situation is a tinder box just waiting for a match. Rarely do I get worked up over something, but this whole thing with Syria and the Russian involvement is making me very uneasy.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

According to Prompt Translating Site The title of the video is:

Ugarit Homs, MSRP, at industry, columns of tanks ready to storm the Homs

Homs is a city in Syria

Hope this helps,
ILikeStars

edit on 26-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: add stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Normally, I take current events involving military with a grain of salt - but damn, this sure looks pretty serious. A full brigade/battalion of armor and military infrastructure headed out. I doubt that the this size of mobilization is to suppress the rebellion. Wouldn't be surprise if they head north close to the Turkish border...

This is serious business.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Yes, I was about to post the same, except google's translate was a jumble for 2 words. Still, it appears that those tanks are going to Homs to storm it, per the title.

Please remember that ANYONE can post a video online. This effectively says NOTHING since we can't understand it, and it hasn't been validated. We see something going on, but we have no idea what.

We know nothing except what the YouTube title says, which could be wrong.

I tried to translate some of the comments, but the ones I tried were just rubbish (people bickering).

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Where the hell is Syria?
And why do we care where they park their soon to be scrap metal?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well it seems that a awful lot has happened in the last 3 days the moving of Military Equipment is a sign of a war or training,and with the looks of the way things are shaping up i think training is out.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by ILikeStars

I tried to translate some of the comments, but the ones I tried were just rubbish (people bickering).

Try google crome and translate whole page....i see the comments are like "die dogs....god willing"

and all that stuff.

I posted a comment/question but it is being ignored.

Who would post online a vid of tanks mobilizing anyway....most likely propaganda.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Oh no! A country who has a defence budget of £2billion is moving tanks around! We must surrender!

It's not like USAF can take them out or anything.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The syrian Army has 8 armoured and 3 mechanised divisions, a "Republican Guard" armoured division, and hte reserves can muster another 1 armoured and 2 mech divisions, with older equipment.

they have about 5000 tanks among their 11,000 AFV's, or which 320 are T80's, 1700 are T72's, 1000 T62's and 2200 T55's (over half the 55's are in storage)

So moving a couple or 3 or 4 dozen T80's or T72's doesn't seem all that significant militarily - even in the context of the current fighting.

perhaps it is more significant for hte Syrians who are seeing such things uncensored for the first time jsut as an indicator of the regime's general intentions?? But i'm pretty sure they all know those by now anyway......

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What Syria does with it's tanks is important for the following reasons... to the north is Turkey. To the south is Israel and Jordan.

The entire regions of west and east Asia are primed and ready for some event to light the fuse...something like NATO accidentally bombing and killing Pakistani soldirs... or Israel getting a wild hair and bombing Iran...

And with China getting cozy with Pakistan and Russia being buddies with Syria... this entire region and the world could follow the template of WWI.

A simple incident blows out of control, alliances are called up, bigger countries get involvced... someone hits the wrong button or a transmission is garbled or not received... and suddenly a bad diplomatic move turns into WWIII.

Seriously, it wouldn't take a lot to be in the middle of WWIII by Xmas.
edit on 27-11-2011 by AlreadyGone because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

well it would take WW3 starting in eth next 4 weeks - I think that would constitute "something much"!

I also think your WW1 analogy is poorly chosen. There are no fixed mobilisation plans that cannot be changed these days, and despite what we think politicians are still generally wary of getting into fights with other big powers - they like to pick on the little guys!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Lol they look like T55's, hardly a threat to anyone.
As said they are most likely moving them from fear of the West.
Not 2 sure where they will be safe exactly though.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zakka

They definitely are not T55's - no gap behind front roadwheel is the most obvious indication, but also gun & turret.

Also wrong turret shape for T62.

The idea that T55's are no threat to anyone is pretty silly - try facing them as a civilian protestor, or if only armed with small arms & see how you feel.....they may be old & not much threat to modern tanks in normal conditions, but that is still a 100mm gun firing 30lb projectiles with 100mm+ armour & there are plenty of things they can take apart.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Sorry I should of metioned I meant no threat against anyonez Military, and your'e right I wouldn't even wanna take on a ww1 Tank with a small fire-arm lol.

So they are T72's? Still an old Tank.
Why can't Syria get some T90's off Russia If they are sp close.
Off topic kind of question but would a T90 even be a fair match against an M1 Abrham or Challanger 2?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zakka

T72's or maybe T80's - they have 1700 of the former and 300 or so of the later & they're virtually indistinguishable.

Why not T90's? presumably 'cos the Russians won't sell them any, they can't afford them or some combination of the 2!

new topics

top topics

join