It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and spell check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think its pretty sad the out of all the presidents of the USA, that Obama is the only president. google will prompt you to spell check his name!

en.wikipedia.org... ited_States#List_of_presidents

What are your thoughts.

I didn't know where to put this so mods move it if you think its misplaced

edit on 26-11-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Dont know about that spell-checker situation, but I wish really that ATS had a 'grammar-checker' for the forums. Sometimes Its painful to interpret threads and postings here.

edit on 26-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I think its pretty sad the out of all the presidents of the USA, that Obama is the only president. google will prompt you to spell check his name!

en.wikipedia.org... ited_States#List_of_presidents

What are your thoughts.

I didn't know where to put this so mods move it if you think its misplaced

edit on 26-11-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

Link sends me to "List of Presidents of the UN" on wikepidia.......is that where its supposed to link to??

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for List of Presidents of the Un in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings. Search for "List of Presidents of the Un" in existing articles. Look for pages within Wikipedia that link to this title. Other reasons this message may be displayed: If a page was recently created here, it may not yet be visible because of a delay in updating the database; wait a few minutes and try the purge function. Titles on Wikipedia are case sensitive except for the first character; please check alternative capitalizations and consider adding a redirect here to the correct title. If the page has been deleted, check the deletion log, and see Why was my page deleted?.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

As the OP is not online to reply to you right now, I "quoted" his post to have a look-see at what was there. The OP made a coding error in the wiki link, so I've extracted the code and fixed it to get the correct link:
List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

As to the OP's comments, perhaps it's just that google is a bit slow to update its dictionary. After all, he's only been POTUS since Jan 20, 2009. That's not even three years.

If I were a conspiracy-type person I'd suspect that google's owners had ulterior motives in not updating their spell checker's dictionary. I can't imagine what those motives might be, though.

Mike

edit on 26/11/11 by JustMike because: typo

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

He has an unusual name that isn't very common. Obviously any spell checker is not going to know what you're trying to say. Most spell checkers do however skip over promptings on proper-nouns, so if you use correct grammar, ie, Obama and not obama then spell check shouldn't be an issue.

You should also know the software is programmed for English, and Obama is not an English word.

In other words: It's a non-issue.

top topics

join