It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live: 85: Nevada Mummy, Titanic and Nazi Subs, Black Friday Madness and Syria.. Plus More!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
11/26/2011 at 2100hrs EST (9:00pm for the Draft Dodgers)

Join the ATS LIVE crew for a jam packed episode discussing the hot topics of today and the best and brightest of YOUR threads across the boards....

Garth is back in the Hot Seat; that's right, the Marines Have Landed!!!

Hour 1

9,000 year old Caucasian Mummy found in Nevada
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was The Titanic Destroyed By A German Submarine?

Mondo Bizarro

Hour 2

Possible Interview With a Surprise Guest!!!!!

Mondo Bizzaro

Hour 3

Black Friday Madness: Woman Pepper Sprays Walmart Line for XBox and Another Woman Gets Shot in the Foot During Robbery; Her Courageous Son Steps In!!!
Link 1
Link 2

Syria!!!!!
U.S. urges Americans to leave Syria "immediately
Russian Warships Enter Syrian Waters To Prevent NATO Attack
Report: U.S. carrier sent to Syrian coast as tensions flare

Actor Robert Wagner Not a Suspect in Natalie Wood's Death

Dear Americans: A lesson in proper English

ATS Live would love to hear from you about our show and the topics we discuss - especially live on air! So call in and get your voice heard around the world on the radio!

Call-In Using Skype
1) Install Skype
2) Add ATS Live Studio to your Skype contact list.
3) Send us a text message via Skype, do not call directly.
4) Wait for your position in the queue.
5) Tell us what's on your mind!

UK Users can call into the show from landlines by ringing

0113 8150068

Calls will be charged at Local rates if you live in the Leeds area, or national rates from elsewhere dependant on your call package

Calllers in the USA can call into the show from landlines by ringing

(954) 903-0748

Calls will be charged at Local rates if you live in the FT.Lauderdale area, or national rates from elsewhere dependant on your call package.

Please wait for us to ask for callers.

We can only take one call at a time and you'll be brought to air. Please be patient.

We go Live from 9pm EST. That's 7pm Mountain, 6pm PST, 2AM (Sunday) UK and 10AM (Sunday) Canberra (the time zones are all messed up, you guys can figure out the rest if you need more info...)

Be sure to join us in the ALL NEW ATS Chat Room as well during the show, and get your views heard.

edit on 11/26/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Hour 1

Was The Titanic Destroyed By A German Submarine?

hope they get into the "media foreknowledge"

"The Wreck of the Titan was published in 1898, 14 years before RMS Titanic was even finished being [cheaply] built"

6 Insane Coincidences You Won't Believe Actually Happened

#5. Morgan Robertson Writes About the Titanic... 14 Years Early

A hundred years before James Cameron turned douchebaggery into an art form at the Oscars, American author Morgan Robertson wrote a book called Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan, about the sinking of an "unskinkable" ocean liner. When you see the cover, you figure you're pretty clearly looking at a fictionalized version of the Titanic story.
en.wikipedia.org...

No surprise there; it's a story that's been told over and over (there were 13 Titanic movies before Cameron's, including one by the Nazis) but Robertson's book was first.

Where it Gets Weird:

He was so eager to be first, apparently, that he didn't bother to wait for the Titanic to actually sink before writing about it. The Wreck of the Titan was published in 1898, 14 years before RMS Titanic was even finished being [cheaply] built.
www.nytimes.com...

The similarities between Robertson's work and the Titanic disaster are so astounding that one has to imagine if White Star Line built Titanic to Robertson's specs as a dare. The Titan was described as "the largest craft afloat and the greatest of the works of men," "equal to that of a first class hotel," and, of course, "unsinkable".
www.historyonthenet.com...

Both ships were British-owned steel vessels, both around 800 feet long and sank after hitting an iceberg in the North Atlantic, in April, "around midnight." Sound like enough to keep you up at night? Maybe that's why Robertson republished the book in 1912 just in case enough people didn't know that he wrote it.
www.lux-aeterna.co.nz...

Where it Gets Even Weirder:

While the novel does bear some curious coincidences with the Titanic disaster, there are quite a few things that Robertson got flat wrong. For one, the Titanic did not crash into an iceberg "400 miles from Newfoundland" at 25 knots. It crashed into an iceberg 400 miles from Newfoundland at 22.5 knots.

Wait, what the #? That's one hell of a lucky guess!

What 41.1 million square miles looks like.

But maybe the weirdest thing about Titan were points that had nothing to do with the story, but check out after numerous inquires and expeditions to the Titanic wreck site.
en.wikipedia.org...

For one, both the Titan and the Titanic had too few lifeboats to accommodate every passenger on board; the Titan carrying "as few as the law allowed." While Robertson decided to be generous and include four lifeboats more on his ship than Titanic, it's an odd point to bring up when you consider that lifeboats had nothing to do with the #ing story. When Titan hit the iceberg (starboard bow, naturally), the ship sank immediately, making the point made about lifeboats inconsequential. Why the # mention this?!
en.wikipedia.org...

It'd be like HAL 9000 addressing the danger posed by O-rings at low temperature decades before the Challenger disaster...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
4.5 hrs to go.

It's always an interesting ride on car crash radio with semper in the drivers seat! Let's hope he can keep it straight and on the road this week.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Unfortunately, I will be missing the show as I will be attending our early Xmas party at work...

Is it possible to get a link for a re-listening? I will listen to it tomorrow, if available.

I am one of those that think that the sinking of the Titanic wasn't as accidental as we have been told.

A German torpedo is a long shot but there were good reasons for the Elite to sink that ship. I hope it is addressed.

P.S. If I may, I would also link this thread to Blocula's Titanic thread. Hopefully some members might want to call in or get on skype for discussion.

ETA: I did leave a link. Have a good show everyone. Gotta go.

edit on 26-11-2011 by SonoftheSun because: wording.

edit on 26-11-2011 by SonoftheSun because: link.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Should be a good show.

I'm looking forward to listening in.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As always, I will be listening and chill’n in the chat room.

That is, if the turkey leftovers don’t put me in a coma first!

OH! By the way…..

Is the ATS Live 2011 Tin Foil Hat Contest still on?

I’ve looked for the link and can’t find it anywhere.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hey cool, first time i've had a story featured

Hope i can stay up till (4am UK time) to hear it , time to break out the coffee

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

That's my bad. I got tied up with RL stuff last week and just forgot.

The thread will be posted tomorrow. I promise.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Awesome!

I already have my hat ready to rock.

It has blinking lights, satellite dish, and many other doodads.
I WANT THAT GUEST HOST SPOT SO BAD I CAN TASTE IT!

edit on 26-11-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
We are live folks!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Listening to the show, better be good
lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
We have a very special guest - our very own Valhall -
check this site out - The Hinky Meter

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ive only been reading and leaving threads on ATS for a couple of months and i dont know much about the radio show,but whoever is responsible for adding my thread, thanx very much...Will it be rebroadcast at a future date? I didnt get home from work tonight till 11pm EST and did'nt even know my thread was added untill 11:40pm...Is there a "readable" text from the show? Sincerely,blocula...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Good show guys. See ya'll next week.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hello again,

Where would I be able to find a link to listen to the recorded show?

I looked at the ATS Live links but couldn't find anything.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Bear with me over the next few days - working on it

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Tinfoil Hat Competition thread is up.

Let's see those submissions folks!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you Sir !!

join