It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Titanic Destroyed By A German Submarine?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Germany had been working on various Submarine designs since 1850...

Their first fully functionable Submarine was completed in 1903...

U-boat is translated more or less as Undersea Boat,and Germanys first U-Boat design,the U-1 was commisioned into the Imperial German Navy in 1906 and contained one torpedo launching tube...

The better designed German U-2 Submarine,was twice as large as the U-1 and was commisioned in 1908 and contained two torpedo launching tubes...

The passenger liner Titanic,with a length of 882 feet,was sunk on April-14th 1912,with a loss of 1,503 lives...

At the start of World War-1,during the month August-1914,the Germany Navy had 48 U-Boats of 13 classes in service or under construction...

The passenger liner Lusitania,which entered service in 1907 and had a length of 787 feet,was sunk by a single torpedo launched from a German U-boat on May 7th 1915 with a loss of 1,198 lives...

As explained above,Germany most certainly had the capability to have destroyed the Titanic in 1912,especially when realizing that the Lusitania was a passenger ship of similar size and capacity and was destroyed by the German Navy only 3 years after the Titanic sank.The Germans had thought that the Lusitania was a troop ship,which it was not and was possibly transporting ammunition for the Allied Forces in Europe,which was later proven true...

I think that a German Navy U-2 Submarine was patrolling in the area of the Titanic,which was then spotted by accident or by design and then the choice was made,or following upon specific orders,to launch a torpedo which struck and exploded,opening the Titanics hull below the water line and ultimately sending her to the bottom...

And this very possible German sinking of the Titanic and the tragic loss of many innocent lives,was kept a closely guarded secret,to prevent what would have erupted into a major War,only 2 years before the start of World War-1 and so the story given to the public of the Titanic striking an iceberg and then sinking was a cover story that has lingered on through the years...
edit on 24-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Sadly the 'quick' google search for the images has become somewhat fruitless. However the last images i saw from the Russian sub(s) to visit the titanic sinking. It showed the damage as 'folded' in, which is consistant with a strike (or piercing) on the hull. If it was hit by a torp it would be exploded in (LARGE difference).

Folded in - Would be described as a 'gash', similar to when you cut yourself on a tree branch, one part of the skin is depressed in, and there would be a raised section on the other side, which would result in the skin (or hull in this instance) being folded in.

Exploded in - Explosives back in 1912, especially in torpedos where crude, if it was exploded in, you would basically see a giantic hole in it. Also the titanic would have almost had a complete deah toll, since the explosion woiuld have torn apart the hulls super structure, causing the ship to immediately break up.

BUT to create a 'folded in' scenario you'd have to strike the hull with a non-explosive torpedo, and hit it on a VERY specific angle. As such the tech did not exist in 1912, and is unlikely to be used in todays warfare, why spend billions of dollars on a precise targeting and navigational systems, when you can just spend millions on better warheads to blow things up better?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That's one of the theories. Among other alternative possibilities of course.

If it was a U-boat, than I don't think it was exactly a nationalist reason. It seems more probable that the reason was based on knocking off individual VIPs.

Here is a website connecting the Titanic disaster to a Jesuit conspiracy: Titanic Conspiracy and the Jesuits

Check out this novel named " Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan written before the Titanic incident which has many uncanny parallels.

Here are some more bizarre coincidences:

Astonishingly, the tragedy of Titanic was anticipated in stories written before the ship set sail. The most striking is “The Sinking of a Modern Liner” written in 1886 by W.T. Stead, the famous English journalist and spiritualist. By a macabre coincidence, Stead went down with Titanic. In his story, a liner leaves Liverpool, picks up passengers and mailbags in Queenstown and on its journey to New York is in a collision. There are too few lifeboats, panic ensues and the Captain brandishes a revolver to keep steerage passengers from storming the lifeboat deck.

Strangely enough, at the very same time the Titanic sunk there was a story in "The Popular Magazine", May 1, 1912, named "The White Ghost of Disaster", which caused quite the uproar because it described the events of the Titanic disaster exactly, and was supposedly on sale at the very time the disaster occurred.

“The White Ghost of Disaster” by the American writer Mayn Clew Garnett was published just before Titanic left Southampton. Garnett’s liner is the same length as Titanic and travels at the real ship’s exact speed before it ploughs into an iceberg which the look-out has seen too late.

The author wrote under a pen name, and his real name was Thornton Jenkins Hains.

More stories include :

In “The Ship’s Run” (1908) by the Irish detective writer, M. McDonnell Bodkin, RMS Titanic of the Blue Star Line (precisely half the tonnage of the real Titanic), steams from New York to Queenstown with gamblers among its passengers, in the same way as the real ship..

Titanic Weird Stuff link
edit on 24-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Wouldn't survivors accounts of the event have listed some sort of explosion if this had been the case?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
this place would have a conspiracy if someone went to the toilet and couldn`t pee!
for goodness sake, think before you open another one.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobLoblaw84
reply to post by blocula

Wouldn't survivors accounts of the event have listed some sort of explosion if this had been the case?

There were many reports of hearing "explosions" but it is controversial and many believe the sounds were of the ship breaking up. So it's hard to say.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
this place would have a conspiracy if someone went to the toilet and couldn`t pee!
for goodness sake, think before you open another one.

Think before you post insults like that.

The Titanic is a bona fide conspiracy subject and has been since the day it happened.

Please actually research something and investigate a little before making such condescending remarks about something.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicWaterGate
reply to post by blocula

... I Can RV-SEE... that there was a low amount of 'tryptophane'...
In Ur 'Heritage' turkey... U-B AWOKEN ONE

U-are-deffinitly-on-target-But-humans-never-learn-to-invent-the-
PING)))))-PING)))))-PING)))))-> )sonar(... before the >radar

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

All the wealthy and powerful men the Jesuits wanted to get rid of were invited to take the cruise. Three of the richest and most important of these were Benjamin Guggenheim, Isador Strauss, the head of Macy’s Department Stores, and John Jacob Astor, probably the wealthiest man in the world. Their total wealth, at that time, using dollar values of their day was more than 500 million dollars. Today that amount of money would be worth nearly eleven billion dollars. These three men were coaxed and encouraged to board the floating palace. They had to be destroyed because the Jesuits knew they would use their wealth and influence to oppose a Federal Reserve Bank as well as the various wars that were being planned.

It can also be mentioned that J.P. Morgan, the individual contracted to build the Titanic was scheduled to be on the maiden voyage, but canceled.

Supporters of the idea that the Titanic shipwreck was orchestrated carefully, a Jesuit tempore co-adjutor was picked to captain the ship, a man that would do anything for the order and God’s will; Captain Edward Smith. Quite possibly the most experienced captain of the time, Smith had navigated the waters of the Atlantic for 26 years, a master of the icy waters that the Titanic would be sailing. He was a Jesuit and worked for J.P. Morgan. As National Geographic stated in their 1986 documentary entitilted ‘The Secrets of the Titanic,’ “Anyone could be a Jesuit and their identity not be known.”

That was from the link I posted in my first post above, the "Jesuit Conspiracy".

It sank on 14th April 1912.

The Federal Reserve Act was passed on December 23, 1913.

Just look into it, the facts are openly available for review to anyone.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

And this very possible German sinking of the Titanic and the tragic loss of many innocent lives,was kept a closely guarded secret,to prevent what would have erupted into a major War,only 2 years before the start of World War-1 and so the story given to the public of the Titanic striking an iceberg and then sinking was a cover story that has lingered on through the years...

Why would "they" keep it secret?

If what you are saying were true, then the first world war would have (probably) started in 1912

Who had what to gain.....and why?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk
reply to post by blocula

Sadly the 'quick' google search for the images has become somewhat fruitless. However the last images i saw from the Russian sub(s) to visit the titanic sinking. It showed the damage as 'folded' in, which is consistant with a strike (or piercing) on the hull. If it was hit by a torp it would be exploded in (LARGE difference).

Folded in - Would be described as a 'gash', similar to when you cut yourself on a tree branch, one part of the skin is depressed in, and there would be a raised section on the other side, which would result in the skin (or hull in this instance) being folded in.

Exploded in - Explosives back in 1912, especially in torpedos where crude, if it was exploded in, you would basically see a giantic hole in it. Also the titanic would have almost had a complete deah toll, since the explosion woiuld have torn apart the hulls super structure, causing the ship to immediately break up.

BUT to create a 'folded in' scenario you'd have to strike the hull with a non-explosive torpedo, and hit it on a VERY specific angle. As such the tech did not exist in 1912, and is unlikely to be used in todays warfare, why spend billions of dollars on a precise targeting and navigational systems, when you can just spend millions on better warheads to blow things up better?
Maybe it looks folded in after laying at the bottom of the ocean for 100 years or so and decaying and collapsing in on itself...

I dont know what the damage from a torpedo would look like,but it must be fierce and the extent of damage would be depending on where and at what angle the torpedo may have struck...

The German Navy had no problem sinking the similiarly sized passenger liner Lusitania in 1915...the Titanic was only 3 years earlier...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

All interesting enough, and definitely "bog standard" conspiracy material......but in my opinion Titanic hit an Iceberg.

No conspiracy......just a tragedy.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Thanx for the link and the information about that story that is quite strangely almost identical to the Titanic.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
the Japanese Navy devastated the Russian Navy in 1905 with torpedos fired from submarines,so a torpedo could very easily have sank the Titanic 7 years later in 1912...
edit on 24-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

All interesting enough, and definitely "bog standard" conspiracy material......but in my opinion Titanic hit an Iceberg.

No conspiracy......just a tragedy.

In my opinion you are just assuming things based on what you want to believe.

I personally prefer to remain open to all logical possibilities until ultimate proof is revealed. But to each his own.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

As I recall from the video of a few years ago of the ship, that mere "gash" was over a hundred feet long. No torpedo or interior explosion will leave that type of evidence. Unless you want to invent a conspiracy of coverup for this event, you gotta go with the evidence.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

This was not an insult in any way. I have researched the titanic and have even saw the plaque that was erected to the person who was allegedly shot for refusing to stop people going into the lifeboats.
Where you got into your head it was an insult is sadly mistaken.
It was struck by an iceberg pure and simple, if you saw all the films about the cameras that went deep into the ocean where it lies you would see for yourself it was not a torpedo that hit it.
What I was trying to say was for every thing that happens in this world, someone comes up with a conspiracy and the insult is to the thousands who lost their lives because of the lack of lifeboats and the accident that happened.
A survivor in one of the films even said she heard the scraping noise of the iceberg and not an explosion at first, there were explosions late because of the engines blowing up,etc but in no way was it a submarine.
So I am not insulting the memory of the titanic, far from it.
And I have researched this in great detail over the years and do know what I am talking about. Doyou?
edit on 24-11-2011 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2011 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Oh dont get me wrong, im not saying its impossible, im just saying its unlikely.

The main stay point (besides the damage) is the lack of witness account of an explosive impact. From what i recall it was all centered around a groan style impact (which means it hit something as the boat was moving, instead of the reverse which would be a thudding style impact).

Only food for thought.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If German subs sank the Titanic in 1912, why do you think they did it?.......what did they have to gain?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join