It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall St - The New Common Sense

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

In Unity,

THE NEW COMMON SENSE

A Declaration of INTERDEPENDENCE, born of necessity, from and for the collective conscience of the "99%" to and for the oligarchic "1%" of the United States of America.

SUMMARY

SECTION I: The Right to Equal Participation in Government has been taken from the People and is explained. -- A Plan is offered to restore the Right to Equal Participation that requires only the use of tools and procedures that have already been proven to work. -- The restoration of Equality must take priority above all and reasons are given. -- Outside damaging influences must no longer be allowed privileged access to Elected Representatives in a Constitutional Republic. -- An Offer in Compromise that would reunite this Nation with its Foundation is clearly stated. -- A clear, workable and simple method by which we may rebuild ourselves as a Prosperous Nation and return to being One Hundred Percent is explained. -- A New Litmus Test of our government is declared and explained. -- A plan and petition to rebalance the Branches of Government is outlined in detail.

SECTION II: Monitions are forwarded to our Leaders, to the Congress in specific, to the Media, to Law Enforcement and the Domestic Militia, and to the "1%" -- A direct message and plea for the "99%" from the author(s).

SECTION I - Common Sense from the "99%"

INTRODUCTION AND PREAMBLE

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for the Citizens of a Nation to petition their own Government for a redress of grievances, the People have a duty to exercise their rights under the First Amendment collectively if they so choose. To this end, We the People hereby assert our right to peacefully assemble and petition our Government for redress when we feel that this is our best, and perhaps only remaining option to seek remedies.

We affirm that any lasting and workable solution must reach beyond mere politics, that political issues do not matter at a time when our collective voice has been nearly silenced. We believe that the current political climate has caused a paralysis of our Government. We find that our individual opinions mean little when we are no longer being properly represented. In fact, we believe that the Balance of Power between the Branches of our Government has been corrupted to the point where it can answer only to members of an affluent and politically active upper class. The impending result of this imbalance is that government of the People, by the People, for the People has almost perished from Our Nation. We believe that government has been influenced by an external source that has conspired to control it to the point of stalemate. We believe that this was forced upon us by "special interests", corporations, lobbyists, the banking and the financial sector including Wall Street and the Federal Reserve, who together have used unrestrained financial leverage leading to the corruption of many politicians, regardless of their political party, resulting in great damage to the People and to this Nation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all are created equal regardless of their financial status. -- That we free Citizens of the United States are without exception endowed under a Federal Constitution granting us certain unalienable Rights. -- That among these Rights are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure and protect these rights, our forefathers drafted this Constitution, ratified by the then several States and agreed to by the People. -- That this Constitution defines and protects us all with a system of Checks and Balances by which the powers and responsibilities of government would be divided amongst the Federal, the States and the People. -- That this original Social Contract in which those powers were granted has been repeatedly violated by the Federal government. -- That we no longer are represented by our Government. -- That we no longer have a voice in our Government. -- That the limits of power of the Federal Government have been deliberately and repeatedly breached. -- That our Government has become destructive towards the vast majority of the same People that they are supposed to protect. -- That outside influences have gained unreasonable power and influence within our Government. -- That the Fair Election system is being systematically dismantled and no longer allows for a full, on paper, verification and accounting of actual balloting.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

The complete document can be read here:
http:///gm2UV08D

and here is a link to the zip
www....(nolink)/?u14mlqte196rw4w#2
edit on Sat Nov 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Because, you know, all us OWS protesters are uneducated and stuffs. Enjoy your six pack, joe.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
PLease see the OP for the link to the sourced material.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You could also read this. Seems the World Bank is playing a part in the whole thing.
siteresources.worldbank.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Wow. This is going to scare the hell out of them.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

All we can ask is to pass it on, and make people aware of it. Kinda kills that whole "uneducated drugged out hippie" rhetoric that OWS protesters have been passed off as.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Thats an understatement
I bet the brainpower behind OWS would eclipse the brainpower of both political parties combined. I will share The New Common Sense with as many people as I can.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

I have actually met some really smart people, and have been amazed at some of the speakers that have come through both SF and Oakland. I am still waiting for the haters to come out in this thread. It has been unusually silent thus far.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Most haters wont read anything longer than a couple sentences.Your post would also make them reluctant to come at you because they know they will be outmatched. You also may convert some haters if they take the time to read that.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

Temporarily closed for staff review.

Thanks for your patience.

reopened....corrections will be made to the OP.......

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Thanks for reopening. Having a slight problem with the edit.

I sent you the links for the pastebin and also the mediafire account to download the zip.

www....(nolink)/?u14mlqte196rw4w#2

http:///gm2UV08D

just in case, until you can unlock the edit for me =)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
reply to post by Vizzle

Most haters wont read anything longer than a couple sentences.Your post would also make them reluctant to come at you because they know they will be outmatched. You also may convert some haters if they take the time to read that.

Its not even about converting them. I just hope people take off their blinders and open their eyes to what is really going on.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

You are freakin amazing. Thanks for the assist!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Very interesting reading. It will take quite a bit of time to actually break down and understand all of it. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle
reply to post by Vizzle

Because, you know, all us OWS protesters are uneducated and stuffs. Enjoy your six pack, joe.

Who, or what group within OWS, is the actual author of this document?

If this is intended to be used as some kind of manifesto for the OWS movement, as the vehicle for righting the wrongs of democracy as it is practiced today (and no-one can deny there are significant problems), I am curious by what means this has been put forth, debated and adopted by the movement.

Did you have a hand in its creation? Were you, or any of your fellow supporters, given the opportunity to provide input as it was being drafted? Did delegates from the various city movements around the U.S. (or the World for that matter) convened somewhere to study these ideas, to determine its structure, to settle key issues, and then decide upon the final suggested wording of this Common Sense declaration? When was this voted on by the OWS movement? By what margin did it pass?

Or...is this just an example of a so-called leaderless movement, being moved down the path of an agenda created and orchestrated by its very own backroom ruling elite?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Originally posted by Vizzle
reply to post by Vizzle

Who, or what group within OWS, is the actual author of this document?

If this is intended to be used as some kind of manifesto for the OWS movement, as the vehicle for righting the wrongs of democracy as it is practiced today (and no-one can deny there are significant problems), I am curious by what means this has been put forth, debated and adopted by the movement.

Did you have a hand in its creation? Were you, or any of your fellow supporters, given the opportunity to provide input as it was being drafted? Did delegates from the various city movements around the U.S. (or the World for that matter) convened somewhere to study these ideas, to determine its structure, to settle key issues, and then decide upon the final suggested wording of this Common Sense declaration? When was this voted on by the OWS movement? By what margin did it pass?

Or...is this just an example of a so-called leaderless movement, being moved down the path of an agenda created and orchestrated by its very own backroom ruling elite?

Rhetorical Question: did you read it? I know the answer btw,

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Just curious about what's in the zip file - 51 MB seems a little large for just this document.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Insurance file explanation and readme.txt
md5 sums.txt
the new common sense (audio copy).mp3
the new common sense.htm
the new common sense.rtf
the new common sense.txt
the new common sense insurance archive.zip
what md5 sums are readme.txt
winmd5.exe (which is an md5 summer)

You would be seeing the .mp3 that adds most of the file size

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Thanks. I'll download it tomorrow and look it over when I'm at home where I have more bandwidth for the download and a machine that will do the checksums for me.

Mobile bandwidth out here in the Great Beyond leaves something to be desired.

Was there some particular reason that the document makes claims like "the constitution grants rights", or was that just a mistake?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Vizzle

Was there some particular reason that the document makes claims like "the constitution grants rights", or was that just a mistake?

If you want to read the full version without download, its on the pastebin site. now to answer the above question, I agree, and its a common misconception that the constitution does grant rights. The Constitution and The Bill of Rights only sought to enumerate and protect those that were considered important enough to list. The first sentence of Article I, Section 1 says it all. "All legislative Powers herein granted…" It is clear that the People are granting certain powers to the government. The People are not being granted rights. Article I. Section 8 even lists those specific powers granted. I think it was just a mistake, still trying to track down the authors of it, but as you will see when you read it, they wanted to remain anonymous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join