It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME magazine covers by location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Just more evidence of how our media is censored.

I know I am supposed to have something with a lot of substance to add to this, but really the picture speaks for itself.

Who should we be more ashamed of? TIME or we the millions who seem to prefer it this way.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What's being censored?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Already discussed.
Also nothing is censored. You dont advertise ice to eskimos.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
What's being censored?

Everywhere the whole world europe, asia, South pacific which is australia and southasian countries
They are concerned about some serious issue, most relevant to the US
But the US cover for that edition is some stupid fluff piece.

OP one big mistske is not to put the locations on TOP, they get lost and it took me 1 min to see them.

Sorry typing on tablet gotta improve on this

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

As I said in the other thread, the Revolution article is present in the US edition too.

So where's the censorship again?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Umm, DUH! Look at the cover.

Most Americans won't buy a copy of TIME if if has the same covers as the Asian and European editions. Therefore, they won't even bother reading something that they should care about.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The only conspiracy here is that you stole this from the other thread, totally. Time has done this for years as have other publications. It is NOT cooincedence that two different people posted this within 4 hours of eachother when this has always been the case! Not cool imo, not cool

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Sometimes all editions of TIME have identical covers...

www.time.com...

Sometimes Europe has a different cover to the other regions...

www.time.com...

Sometimes Asia AND USA will have different covers to Europe and South Pacific...

www.time.com...

What's your point?

edit on 26/11/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think most people miss the point. A picture is worth a thousand words. Add a catch phrase and you subconsciously tale someone what to think or in other words program thier thoughts with a cover. Millions of people will see the cover and be programed by it even if they don't even open the magazine. A person sees the cover and the title sitting on the news stand. They see the cover and title on advertisement. The rescent issue tales the US don't worry about it. Anxeity is good for you don't protest. The cover for the rest of the world is protest are happening its a war zone out there panic.

Its a matter of thought manipulation of the masses!

And it seems to happen in the US. Other countries allways seem to get the same cover. But the US cover will change at certain times. Now if the cover changed in other countries or if all countries were different I would not think twice about it.I noticed Newsweek is also doing this.
edit on 26-11-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
While the rest of the world are being led astray with inventions, the US TIME edition covers the legalisation of marijuana

www.time.com...

...Wait, shouldn't that sort of thing be censored???

Amazing how things can be manipulated to fit an agenda...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

My apologies to the majority, but I gotta weigh in with the OP on this one. We have know this to be true for a long time. The rest of the world is better informed than we are, and this is necessarily by design. We have been the victims the most subtle coup in history, and the weapons have been fiat currency and the media. This is just a small glimpse of it, but we have had thousands more if you care to look for them. Remember the BBC reporting WTC 7 falling before it actually did? Remember how the papers reported in New Zealand reported that Oswald was the lone gunman, before he was even charged with the crime in Dallas?

Maybe censorship was a poor choice of a descriptive word. Shall we call it manipulation of the press, much broader term that would be inclusive of censorship.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Really? Chadwickus playing the devil's advocate? Couldn't see that coming.

No, this may not be blatant censorship, but it is by far evidence of the media manipulation in the United States. Clearly, people in the US do not want US citizens to be provoked by such "realistic" world headlines, and we instead are being lulled to sleep by the lackluster, quite boring titles that we are given.

It is an attempt to keep the sleepers sleeping.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The bulk of people get their news updates thru unclicked headlines, most emailed articles lists on the sidebar (again unclicked), and "top" magazine covers as they pass by the newsstand. Nobody is gonna read that article, and because it's not on the cover, it's not in their minds and thus not the topic at the watercooler, and thus not a major topic of concern which could cause them to think, question, and finally act as a mass towards changing what any situation e.g US involvement in arab countries. TPTB don't want it. They are relying on the laziness and deadened curiosity-impulse of the populace to carry on doing what they want i.e. their (nefarious) deeds. Now do you get it?

top topics

join