It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim - Mini Review

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

i have both .. the 360 collects dust.

i play GT5 most of the time, used to be socom fanboy

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
reply to post by Chukkles

i have the book but dont ask where i got it, i dont know, my book shelves are full of books ill read later, read many of them though. most books are still the same word for word from the 1st elder scrolls game.

Thats cool , I found it in the Ratway on a table right before entering the Thieves Guild.

Heres a question, could I have gotten through the Ratway without killing those guards?
A couple actually had names which made me feel guilty about killing them and curious to wether I could pick up missions of them after joining the guild?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

lol, same thing happened to me yesterday.
i loaded up and left the rataway to see if i get a related mission.

have you all joined the empire of stormcloaks?
i dont like that ulfric character and i dont like the empire because of elves changing the talos from a god to an illegal activity.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

I joined the stormcloaks, (only just though) I was massivly impressed with the area he sent me (full of icebergs) to kill the ice wraith, I thought that whole place was gonna be blocked because it's under clouds on the map.

Now I know the cloud covered areas are just as explorable as anywere.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, I will say the game is -almost- perfect. Its the most perfect game I have ever played in regards to RPGs...not that it is perfect, it just slaughtered every game that came before it by far.

But, after playing it constantly for ages now, I will say that there are some things that could have been better

1) the construction kit release. now its to be in january (when they pretty much said it will be released with the game). I think this was just a ploy to get people to buy it while knowing it wasn't going to be released

2) the storyline for the main quest (actually, there are 2 main quests...the dragons, and the war). Actually, both storyline ends. I don't want to give spoilers away, but the dragon one..well, Daphnie gave an irrational stance towards some dude on a mountain and no option to meet in the middle...this in my opinion is a major oversight (no, I won't do that, but I do want to continue on becoming part of your institution...your stance is completely illogical)
And I only did the imperial side so far, but will say that the ending of the war quest was a bit anti-climatic.

3) The dark brotherhood super big target is not reflected in game very well once its completed...whats it, like 2 lines and thats about it? They should have made it not possible, or maybe a lesser target (the son) if they didn't want it to be reflected throughout the entire game.

4) Marriage.....cook me something! ok...here let me give you a kiss..oh, no option for that..hmm..ok, just cook me something else and then say thanks for helping you again...eternally...this will never get old. -fireball to spouses face-

Really, those are my main complaints. Of course there are a ton of little bugs, glitches, etc...but all of those can be modded out (PC version..consoles suck). So these complaints are complaints that can't easily be modded out and just stuck (the dragon ending may be able to be fixed).

Would I recommend this game to a friend? your damn right...the glitches, bugs, and wonky twists are overshadowed by the immense awesomeness of the rest...but, get the PC version and learn your way around skyrimnexus.com for the ultimate experience...else, it is just a damn good game verses the epic game it truely is

Bethesda has me as a lifelong customer (well, as long as they continue to focus on putting quality games out like this)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Did you know if you do some console commands (no clip, and one other..not sure) you can go south also

Here is the impressive thing...all of Tamriel (well, almost all) is rendered out..you can literally walk around in Cyrodiil, Morrowind, High Rock, etc.
No trees or anything, but its all there (landscape)...and to size also

Questions arise. Why. There is no point anywhere on the south that you can go high enough to see out that far...there is no reason for it to be there..
Many are suggesting the expansion packs will include opening up the world more and being able to go into cyrodiil (perhaps to push back the aldmeri dominion/Thalmore.)

They lead on everywhere that the issue isn't -really- with the empire, but the conquored empire..even the high brow imperials squashing the stormcloaks hint that they are working on something else that will see the destruction of the Thalmor influence. How awesome would that be!

Then of course Elder Scrolls 6, Valenwood (free the elves of the Thalmor and push em all the way back to Summerset isles)
Problem is, even the Aldmeri Dominion itself isn't "bad", but the Thalmore are sort of the nazi's that infiltrated the party and lead them to the path they are on now...so, the root is to find the head of the Thalmore and decap that...I suspect it is some uber god or Daedric that is at the core of it all...some conquest and enslavement thing that wants to destroy Talos in the heavens above by weakening his support below.

ok, I could talk forever...such an intriguing plotline...makes you realize that skyrim is just the first chapter of this new book..nothing like ending the game on a cliffhanger.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Very nice review. I am addicted to the game as well! My wife tends to think that is a bad thing. I love the detail in it. One of the best games I've ever played and that is saying a lot...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join