It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Photoshopped: Beam of Light Shines on Fallen Soldier’s Miracle Dog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think instead of folk trying to analyze this photo then label it either paranormal or fake, it should just be left alone to speak for itself. Due to injury, I was forced to retire from a career spent working mostly in the woods with wildlife, and had often seen beams of light shining through the trees, especially on a damp morning.
Perhaps it's only due to a combination of the photograph of the light beam shining on the dog, and the beautiful story that accompanies it, but I can't help feeling there is more to the photo than what my eyes can see, and I'm just going to leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This story is so bad that I had to register and say so.
Little puppies and shining celestial lights. Please.

I can read just about anything and sometimes take it as fact, but this?

That photo would make a great Christmas card.

edit on 26-11-2011 by buttle2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Either real or not. It certainly warms the heart that is for sure.

Just goes to show, dogs are more understanding than we humans are. I have seen a few videos on You tube of Dogs staying next to their dead owners bodies. It is heart breaking to say the least.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Domo - I am at my computer crying like a baby.

For those that didn't read the full post, please watch the video link that Domo provided. That should squash the real/not real argument.

Come on you guys - we are not talking aliens & moon landings here. We are talking about people who have given their life in war and the dog is a symbol of the last bit of happiness that soldier experienced in this world.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We are a constant source of energy so why wouldn't It be possible for this animal to have some sort of connection to the lost hero? Think about it, if your over there the one thing you would think about is your family. If the end came I could see that energy going some where and the animals this soldier saved sure gained a lot of love from the man. His mother sure felt a connection to the animals he saved and it seems to me it was meant to be for her to actually receive one of the pups. That's a pretty tough feat to bring on of the animals to her.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You know, regarding this story, one can almost make a clear analogy to a belief in Santa Claus.

I'm sure many will miss the point entirely but if you think about it, both Santa and the beam of light in this story are not real, 
...but!
...why are we now forced to quickly discount things that make people feel good about themselves and about life?

These naturally happy and feel good feelings are now the equivalent to an endangered species in the world of human emotion.
Actually it's worse because it seems we are at a point now where expressing feelings like these almost offends others. 
It's like "how dare you feel good about life when my life sucks!"

Maybe it's an insult to ones intelligence to suggest in a belief of Santa or this beam of light.
I think it's a form of selfish guilt because feel good stories like this tend to make people do things for others. The people that scoff are the selfish, guilty ones that refuse to do anything for anyone, ever.
It's that ever present me, me, me mindset again.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Its a lens flare on the camera, there was no beam of light and you would have seen nothing if you were there in person.

Why do people continuously fall for this?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Does not matter wither it was a lens flare or not. The fact is that dog has sat there all that time. If that does not warm your heart. Then it states a lot about you.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Although this can certainly be explained by random chance as well as lighting, but the spiritually awakened know EVERYTHING happens for a reason. The meaning of life is not handed to us, we have to make it what it is. So with that being said, this is a really cool story and I think there is something divine about the connection between dogs and humans.
edit on 29-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Oh boy, on one side sunlight and a lens flare on the other side a person who died in a utterly sensless war.

In other words, a cool picture and a very sad story.

Nothing paranormal, nothing heroic.
I seriously do not know why people always make stories up when soldiers are involved.
People dying is the result of wars, and the reason why wars should not be started in the first place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join