It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Photoshopped: Beam of Light Shines on Fallen Soldier’s Miracle Dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I was filming soldier Justin Rollin’s parents Skip and Rhonda playing with their dog Hero, whose rescue from the Iraq War zone where Justin died was nothing short of a miracle. Sometimes when Rhonda hugged Hero she would softly pet her face and coo, “Justin, are you in there?” It was Rhonda’s gentle way of remembering their son and his last living connection to Hero. At one point, Hero wandered off and took a stroll in the backyard. All of a sudden, the clouds broke and a light began to solidify in a beam directly down on Hero — a kind of vertical halo.

Link

"I said, I want one of the puppies that Justin held in Iraq the night before he was killed. 'Rhonda, we can get you any dog you want. We'll get you a puppy, just name it, we'll get it.' I want one of those puppies that Justin held. And he just looked at me like, yeah, sure," Rhonda laughed.

Video At This Link

So the night before the young man died, he found 8 puppies living under a porta a potty. His mother got pictures of him playing with the puppies, and decided she had to have one. Cutting through a ton of red tape, they eventually got to bring one of the puppies back and named the little one Hero because her son was a hero.

I know I know, this is just a series of coincidences but man it still pretty amazing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Regardless of what your beliefs on war, the military, or even if you do not like dogs. This is very touching and it is nice to have a piece of your child who sacrificed himself for others.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

Agreed a lot of heart and soul can be transferred to a dog, even one that you never really owned. Nice to have a constant reminder of the sweet loving side of someone you lost.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Interesting story, but maybe focus on the story as the headline instead of "Miracle beam of light..."

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What a beautiful picture, and the hero son is just so handsome, what a sad story.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Photo shopped, 100%.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Been posted half a dozen times already had you bothered to search

It was taken through a window, the image has been edited to make the light appear more intense. This is NOT paranormal, its VERY normal.

If you walk through a forest you will see exactly the same thing numerous times. The story and image have been fabricated, most probably to make you take your minds off of more important things.

Cute dog....throw in aliens or something paranormal and you are on to a winner.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
it is what it is, nothing un natural or supernatural infact it happens everywhere everyday, but it is how you interperate it the day i drove home with my 2nd child the day after she was born and on the horrizon the sun was setting amongst the clouds and its rays where breaking through, it was absolutly beautiful & i said to my partner it was like the universe was telling me this girl is very special take very good care of her, well thats my interpretation, but who ever was driveing that same hyway would have had their own experience occording to what going on in their lives......strange but beautifull just like every one of us we are all special

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
DOG "man's best friend"
GOD spelled backwards.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
even if it is photo shoped we all have these expieriences once ina while

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Meh I did search. I always search. Not doubting there are other threads though.

I don't think it's paranormal or even that strange. Just a neat coincidence, as I stated in the OP. If it gives that family hope and comfort it can be whatever they need.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't care whether it was posted before or not!

I have never seen it and the story touched my heart. Thank you for posting OP

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yep. I liked it too.
Thanks for the post, the story made me cry a bit and the pic made me smile. Glad no one was home to see me crying and smiling like an imbecile.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

i don't know nothing about no photoshoppin, but those colored dots in the middle of the shaft of light look like the seven body chakras.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I hope it's not just me but i find my self wondering:

Is there a way to take stars away from your other posts because of this one?

reg

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I hope it's not just me but i find my self wondering:

Is there a way to take stars away from your other posts because of this one?

Yeah, it's just you.

DIVVY

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Either way this is nothing more than a lens flare. You can see the artifact is caused by sun if you look at the angle of shadow and compare it with the lens flare.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
saw this on 20/20. people that are arguing whether it's photoshopped or not, you are missing the point. watch 20/20, it's not photoshopped.

here's how the story goes, a soldier was killed in iraq and the day before he was killed, he took a picture with one of the puppies he found in a toilet. this soldier sent the pics to his GF and showed tremendous joy in a place comparable to hell. by request, that puppy was somehow found and brought back to the parents of the lost soldier.

the importance of this whole thing is the connection the soldier and the dog made that carries on to help the parents cope with the painful loss. so please, look at the big picture...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Not Photoshopped.
Probably a light flare refracting off the lens.
Intentional or not, there is no denying the fact that if any animal deserves to make it to heaven, it's the dog.
Their connection to humans is amazing, Man's best friend and true companion.
Neither Man nor dog would have survived throughout history without the other.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yes, that beam of light is a lens flare effect...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join