It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mothman Prophecies Discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have just finished reading this amazing book by John Keel, and I would guess that many people on ATS have read the book also. I thought I would make a thread where we could discuss the book and Keel's ideas. I was wondering everone's opinion on things like Keel's theory that UFOs are actually not from space, who were the Men in Black, and what was the Mothman, and why was in in Point Pleasant. If you havent read the book, read it. It is absolutely amazing, and provides plenty of information about the paranormal. Mods, if this thread has already been done enough, feel free to delete this one. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hi, gravriderX. I looked back and did not see many recent refrences to it. Maybe you can get a good discussion on the theories, as opposed to the book itself, going. If the focus of the replies is mainly literary, it might bet bumped to Literature or somewhere, but it's still a good idea.
ATS Search results: Mothman Prophecies (6months)

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well, no one seems to be posting, so I'll start. I think the mothman was a shadow creature (there are some other threads on this subject, very interesting). I have no idea who the men in black may have been. The book seems to describe them as not quite human, so I'll go with that. Maybe they were some kind of shapeshifting alien? Humans that were taken from earth a long time ago?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There is a ton of stuff about this in the "Cryptozoology" section.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thats true, but there hasnt been too much specifically focused on the book

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
True...just thought I could direct you to where you could get some more talk about this. Guess it's time for me to read the book now.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
That book is one that changed my life, and my outlook on the paranormal. Have a look at my fine blog (the first one), entitled "Towards a calculus of the paranormal:

blogs.abovetopsecret.com...

join