It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nano-UAVs snapped up by the UK MoD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Nano-UAVs snapped up by the UK MoD

kitup.military.com

One of the operators rips a device the size of a book from a pouch and flicks it open. He takes out a tiny 15 gram nano-UAV, snaps the rotor blade onto the body and throws it in the air. It shoots up and over the mud-brick wall, the onboard camera beaming a clear picture back to the screen in his hands. Unseen it silently zips past four armed guards in front of the main building and enters through an open window. Inside a group of men are holding a shura. The target has been identified!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is pretty amazing... still in it's infancy, but disposable nano UAVs are going to be the BOMB when it comes to playing hide and seek with the kids this Christmas.....

Honestly... the technological transhuman future is upon us and there is literally nothing that can be done to stop this inexorable march towards globalism....

What are your thoughts ATS?

kitup.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This is hardly nano. Maybe deci or centi-UAV. Source is aware of this though, but uses nano since it sounds cool.

Honestly... the technological transhuman future is upon us and there is literally nothing that can be done to stop this inexorable march towards globalism....

Sadly - true.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
pretty scary! whole lot easier to carry out an assassination now, just cellotape on a needle dipped in polonium and voila!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
pretty scary! whole lot easier to carry out an assassination now, just cellotape on a needle dipped in polonium and voila!

If you though that was scray read the comments in that link
i never knew people would be and are pretty hardcore war mongers no offence.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There will be a rush on Bug Zapper lights now.
I think K-Mart has them on sale.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

yeah i agree. i was expecting a nano sized UAV

(oh i see they are aware of the fact.)

I read somewhere that a strand of DNA is 2.5 Nanometers. So when i read the thread title my heart sank for humanity.

Glad for the false alert

S+F

edit on 25-11-2011 by MartialFlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Unseen it silently zips past four armed guards in front of the main building

Somehow I doubt that. Something that size would actually probably be louder than the full size chopper, and certainly more high pitched.

Ever seen model helicopters? Even battery powered ones are noisy.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
not outside at altitude i have several airhogs ultra light helicopters and outside with traffic going by in front yard not very noticeable. and want to have your own uav surveliance copter follow this link
www.walmart.com...
airhogs has had a similar device on market for over a year now and if you want to go further out they got a uav plane to
www.walmart.com...
boy i tell you girls i went to school with better be glad we didnt have stuff like this as teenagers because we would have parked it right outside girls ten foot hugh lockerroom windows.
edit on 25-11-2011 by proteus33 because: added more

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Somehow I doubt that. Something that size would actually probably be louder than the full size chopper, and certainly more high pitched.

Uhm... have you ever seen choppers like this?

I think you are relying too much on anecdotal evidence.... the left brain will do that to ya though.. it's not your fault... just normal human behavior

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Perhaps but the focus wasn't on making them quiet when they were designed. They're toys designed for people who want to play with remote controlled helicopters. The fact that they make sound is probably desirable for these people.

I don't think the obstacles are technological in nature. If they haven't done something close to a nano UAV yet, it's more likely that they don't need to than that they can't.

top topics

join