It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happens to our imaginations when we die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Do you think we actually "enter" our own worlds? I wonder because dreams are imagination fueled so death must be fueled in part by the power of our thoughts as well since near death and dreams can share similar landscapes.
edit on 25-11-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think that whatever you experience in real life or in your dreams is actually produced by a mechanism in your brain. That brain needs a constant blood flow to function. I believe the brain can do crazy things such as out-of-body experiences, but you still need your brain. So sadly, I don't think you'll enter your own world once dead.
edit on 25-11-2011 by MrMaybeNot because: grammar

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

it is not ur imagination when u are eaten of someone else that is alive, the fact that u perceive thing could b to entertain ur awareness still since u died as possessed but it cant b forever like that

imaginations is of powers, if u r dead there is no way to imagine any since u know having no power

it is incredible how u keep willing to please ur god by forcing slaves to say that all is for them

anything exist each pain exist while it exists much more then all what ur god do, bc existence is only what is out of constancy awareness, not what is moving constantly
so any negative exist while god do nothing but to confirm it

ur god has his own life but u how can u do such to urself reality how can u lie to that extreme did u sign a contract with god, like if u keep lying about urself u could go to heaven?

it is horrible how we are stuck there is noone up that care about what god did already abominables crimes against conscious

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname
Do you think we actually "enter" our own worlds? I wonder because dreams are imagination fueled so death must be fueled in part by the power of our thoughts as well since near death and dreams can share similar landscapes.

It's really simple.Your brain conjurors up thoughts ,Ideas, and feelings when you die your brain dies aswell and is incapable of thought whatsoever. So without a functional brain there no possibility of functional thoughts including imagination.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
When we "die" we go back to the beautiful life we had before we got here. Earth is a "school" of sorts where we come to learn. The real imagination and creation happens BY US when we are on the other side. If you'd like to learn more about this, check out the THOUSANDS of NDE's listed on the site, Near Death Experiences Research Foundation.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Clunky

It's really simple.Your brain conjurors up thoughts ,Ideas, and feelings when you die your brain dies aswell and is incapable of thought whatsoever. So without a functional brain there no possibility of functional thoughts including imagination.

Perhaps it's not that simple really, Clunky.

There is a woman featured in the following documentary who had her brain cooled to a level where there wasn't any chance of any type of activity during brain surgery. In fact her brain was constantly monitored for any degree of activity - and yet she was able to recall the operation from an elevated position. Extremely interesting, if I recall, some researchers (in the documentary) were contemplating the existence of a virtual mind, existing in an extra-physical "super-position." The documentary vid on youtube is divided into about 6 parts. Well worth a look.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

it is amazing how it is easy for u to invent any about important stuff
how were u important ever, as obviously u dont mean but else powers to feed u
and wat did u learn if it is a school here

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I like what Mckenna thinks:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

I think that the brain determines our so called heaven or hell.
You ever fall asleep on the couch or something for a only a few seconds and have an instant dream that seems like it lasted a week or so?
There is no concept of time in our dreams or our imagination.
The human brain, once blood has ceased to flow, has about 10 minutes of "life" left of full functioning. After about 10 minutes, if revived, the person will most likely be brain dead.

This being said, once the body dies and the brain is still intact, you go through one crazy instant "dream".

So, maybe, we "create" our own heaven or hell based on how clear our conscious is at the moment of death?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

And that heaven or hell could last an "eternity" during the time that it takes for your brain to slowly loose it's electrical life.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

I'm sorry, I don't know if it is a language-barrier or what, but I cannot pinpoint what your point or question is.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
When we "die" we go back to the beautiful life we had before we got here. Earth is a "school" of sorts where we come to learn. The real imagination and creation happens BY US when we are on the other side. If you'd like to learn more about this, check out the THOUSANDS of NDE's listed on the site, Near Death Experiences Research Foundation.

To clarify: This is my opinion based on my research of NDE's. The site I referenced is one of the most expansive sites available for NDE research.

Near Death Experience Research Foundation

Here is a link for some of the most awesome ones: Exceptional NDE's

Here is another link for a site that talks about NDE's and provides scientific proofs to back their theories: Near Death Experiences and the Afterlife

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
what happens to our imaginations when we die?

what happens to my dreams when I wake up ?

if there is an illusion of life then there must be an illusion of death

so there for you might say ....death is just the other side of life

everything is contained with in it's own being ...all that I am

with in life and with in death

there for I am infinitely dreaming ... infinitely moving between life and death.....

infinity ...the symbol of everlasting .."now you see me now you don't"

Yet ..."I am".... even when I am not

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Some great responses in here!!

Though I have never had a near death experience, I have had an out of body eperience. It made me realize that we are far more than just a physical body and that we continue on even when seperated from our shell of a bodily existence. I think we will still have our imagination.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think the better question is:

Where does an imagination come from? What's its Source?

Figure out where it comes from, then you will have a better understanding of where it goes when your Soul's human host dies.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

Originally posted by absolutely

I'm sorry, I don't know if it is a language-barrier or what, but I cannot pinpoint what your point or question is.

An imagination only goes so far.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You belong to an inner plane, the source of consciousness.

There are many different realms of the inner plane, however, when your astral body disconnects it is still alive and remains energised for a certain amount of time. If you are adept, then your astral body can be self-sustaining, gathering energy from the environs, however, eventually, all return to the inner plane of pure consciousness, where one can exist permanantly if they have become enlightened, or where one awaits in the collective consciousness to be reincarnated.
edit on 26-11-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join