It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires Of Conciousness - A History of Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have another thread called "Jesus & Christianity - Possibly the greatest trick the devil ever played?"
Heres a link..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

I managed to find this series of videos about the history of Christianity, Ive just started watching it, and it seems interesting, thought it was worth sharing.
Ive linked the first video in the series, you can find the continuation links from that page, enjoy, or not, whatever the case may be.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The universe is surrounded by the cosmic serpent, which is what we imagine as Satan.
So this thing which is against us is a byproduct of the coming into being of the universe, so you could say the entire universe itself is satanic.
There are two possible ways to deal with this situation we find ourselves in.
One way is to place ourselves under the dominion of the physical forces and to have them rule our lives and dictate our actions.
A second way is to understand that before there was a such thing as a universe, there was something that existed in a non-physical way, which is what we come from and that we can put ourselves into the spiritual kingdom as a way to ultimately overcome the serpent.
Christianity has as its role model a hero sent from the spiritual kingdom into the physical realm to show how this other way is possible. To me, this is not satanic but is the only way to get out from under the tyranny of Satan.
My contention is that the detractors of Christianity only have to offer how to best operate under subjection to the physical forces.

edit on 24-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

yep eucharist and 'holy' communion is a ancient ritual where people believed that if they ate flesh and drank the blood of another, they would become powerful.

I cannot fathom why all these religious freaks still honor it in present times.

ew.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by OneManArmy

yep eucharist and 'holy' communion is a ancient ritual where people believed that if they ate flesh and drank the blood of another, they would become powerful.

ew.

Because a mind lacking critical thinking and the weapons of knowledge can be easily misguided by those that seek domination over others, that is the most simple explanation I can give.
But good post, thank you.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

A second way is to understand that before there was a such thing as a universe, there was something that existed in a non-physical way, which is what we come from and that we can put ourselves into the spiritual kingdom as a way to ultimately overcome the serpent.

edit on 24-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your reply, I agree with this right here.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

It may be possible that most people do communion because they are told that is something you do. I did not watch the entire video so I don't know if you did and the person in the video said something like that, about communion coming from a belief in eating people to get their power.
I had a couple problems with the presenter in the video. One thing is that he seemed to be saying that he invested a lot of money buying books and now he has all the answers. I can relate to the concept in principle but doubt the execution, where he shows three legal pads with what we have to imagine as extensive notes he took down while reading those books. If those notes were of any value, he should make them available as a PDF download or something. I am all in favor of people studying and sharing what they have learned, that would be a major reason why I do things like post on this forum because I understand not everyone is able to devote so much time in studying these things, or have the extensive background as I do in being someone who has through his life been devoted in such a way as having that as an important goal in life, to understand things of a spiritual nature. Now that having been said, I have to wonder about the motivation of someone as we see displayed in this video, where they have a mindset overbriming with animosity towards other people who are equally devoted to truth and the spirit as he is, or maybe more.
There is a way to understand the practice of communion that is not about taking on power or anything else. Jesus was a person who conveyed profound thoughts on the world and God while eating dinner with people. This is how he operated, in being in a sharing setting, where people are in this sort of mode of brotherhood and eating from the same pot, so to speak, and the same loaf of bread and the same cup of wine. What Jesus did in his life and in his death was something he did not do for himself because he did not need any of those things but he did so that others could benefit from his acts even though they ended up killing him. He could have lived out his life being this sinless righteous person and going to heaven but he wanted everyone else to come with him so he did extraordinary things to pave the way for us and to teach us the things we need to be equipped with for that journey. As we have taken in those things for ourselves from Jesus, through our ritual of sharing, we know to pass on what we have with others.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Thurisaz

It may be possible that most people do communion because they are told that is something you do. I did not watch the entire video so I don't know if you did and the person in the video said something like that, about communion coming from a belief in eating people to get their power.
I had a couple problems with the presenter in the video. One thing is that he seemed to be saying that he invested a lot of money buying books and now he has all the answers. I can relate to the concept in principle but doubt the execution, where he shows three legal pads with what we have to imagine as extensive notes he took down while reading those books. If those notes were of any value, he should make them available as a PDF download or something. I am all in favor of people studying and sharing what they have learned, that would be a major reason why I do things like post on this forum because I understand not everyone is able to devote so much time in studying these things, or have the extensive background as I do in being someone who has through his life been devoted in such a way as having that as an important goal in life, to understand things of a spiritual nature. Now that having been said, I have to wonder about the motivation of someone as we see displayed in this video, where they have a mindset overbriming with animosity towards other people who are equally devoted to truth and the spirit as he is, or maybe more.
There is a way to understand the practice of communion that is not about taking on power or anything else. Jesus was a person who conveyed profound thoughts on the world and God while eating dinner with people. This is how he operated, in being in a sharing setting, where people are in this sort of mode of brotherhood and eating from the same pot, so to speak, and the same loaf of bread and the same cup of wine. What Jesus did in his life and in his death was something he did not do for himself because he did not need any of those things but he did so that others could benefit from his acts even though they ended up killing him. He could have lived out his life being this sinless righteous person and going to heaven but he wanted everyone else to come with him so he did extraordinary things to pave the way for us and to teach us the things we need to be equipped with for that journey. As we have taken in those things for ourselves from Jesus, through our ritual of sharing, we know to pass on what we have with others.

Thank you for such a thorough response.
I too question the motives of the speaker, I have found some other things on youtube that make me question where he is coming from, but I did watch a lot more of the video and agree with quite a lot of it. I would have to do further research to qualify what he is saying. I can only say like all information, it can only be taken in and added to the database we each have within our heads, to be qualified with further study, like all information, it is just that, information. It all goes towards helping us evolve spiritually on our quest of finding the truth in a world full of lies and deceit.

new topics

top topics

join