It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can the mind do beyond its physical body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Welcoming all views and ideas and answers.

"What can the mind do beyond its physical body?"

I'll start this off on a smooth note with what I've realized. The mind is the soul.

The mind can defy distance.

The mind can feel what another mind is giving off.

The mind can communicate with another mind in the form of feelings of desire.

The mind can teleport euphoria causing chemicals it desires to administer into another's physical brain.

edit on 24-11-2011 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

get me out of this #tyness we call reality.
that is what my mind does best.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

I'll start this off on a smooth note with what I've realized. The mind is the soul.

The mind can teleport euphoria causing chemicals it desires to administer into another's physical brain.

You have a headline for all of this, is there a link to go along with it?

My mind has me thinking that you might have made some of this up!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The mind can infect other minds with infectious diseases, in the form of memes.

That kind of thing?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The mind is not the soul.

The soul (pure light, grace, peace and bliss) has been obscured by the mind. The mind is the part that belongs to this world; it is through the clutches of the mind that we are captured through the negative forces: greed, pride, attachment, lust, anger and ego. The mind has mislead us to keep us prisoner in this worldly, physical plain through reincarnation. Even in the astral world mind still plays a very active role.

Mind is so strong that it has fooled us into loving this prison. We do not recognise it as a prison. Only very highly evolved souls have no fear of death, whilst valueing the life that has been given them. No creature wants to leave this creation.

The soul is the higher self, but due to many lifetimes on this planet, is obscured by the many layers of karma and transgressions. Where it is written in the bible that we are made in His image, it is the soul that is referred to.

The most difficult thing a human being has to do during meditation, in order to enter the astral, causal and higher regions, is to still the mind.

Try it. See how long you can think of nothing. Even when you are thinking that you are not thinking of anything, you are still using the mind, and thinking of something. Saints and mystics have said that the most difficult thing for man to do is to still the mind.

So, its not really what the mind can do within the restraints of the body that is fascinating, but getting the mind NOT TO DO, that is the challenge of a lifetime!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I've noticed what I think you're getting at.

For example, when I'm in the queue at the shops and there is a girl with a nice bum a few people in front of me, I've noticed that they somehow become 'aware' that somone is looking at their bum.

They twitch and fidget and try to pull their tops down a bit to cover up their behind..... as though they are uncomfortable. Occasionally, they'll turn right round to see who's eyes are on them.

Sorry to use that as an example (It seems a bit coarse re-reading it and I don't want to give the impression that I go around staring at girls bums all day), but a lot of people can tell when another persons attention is focused on them, even if they have not observed this other person. I've often wondered if there is some kind of extrasensory link between peoples brains.

Another little thing I've witnessed time and again -- say your at a party and one person there is excessively happy (or excessively miserable) this mood becomes infectious and pretty soon the whole group begins to feel the emotion that this particular person is projecting. Some people are able to influence peoples moods more than others.... and some people are more readily influenced - as though there are 'projectors' and 'receptors', or something like that.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Brilliant!!!
Indeed, it is well known what the mind can do, just look at the world. Like you say, how many can stop the mind?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

How about turning a lucid dream into reality?

This report documents an event where a man had a lucid dream of inducing a shape to appear on a friend's forehead. A few weeks later, he had a deja-vu from the same dream.
He decided to follow the path of the dream and point at his friend's head and tell him he was going to make a triangle appear.
To everyone's astonishment a triangle appeared on the friend's forehead and was captured with a Polaroid.

Kevin's Triangle

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You should check out the book The End Of Materialism by Charles Tart. Also check him on you tube.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The issue of the mind being the soul could be argued all day long in my opinion. In one respect, without the mind there is nothing remaining that can function, reason, etc...I do not really have an opinion on what the soul is, but I never really thought it was the mind.

You obviously didn't include links because these are points you discovered while examining yourself, at least I think that's how you came up with these ideas, and if so I would really like to see some of your thought processes.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Yes! That sort of thing I notice, too.

One time ago there was this woman dancing across from this other guy who wasn't giving her the time of day, and I felt something noticeable, like a vibe of something I liked, so I fingered for her to come over to me. She did. I asked her for a lap dance, because the vibes coming from her I could feel. And I got a lap dance from her. I wasn't in a strip club by the way, but in a gym.

You're on to it about the projection/recepor thing.

Women can project when they are being extra friendly in a way likeable.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

True. We have awareness beyond the self. For some people, this awareness is vast. For others, awareness is selfishly locked close to self. If a person lives with emotion over intellect, then the self is all that matters. Those a person lives with intellect over emotion, they are living a life of equanimity. Compare this to a child as they grow away from the mother's breast. Trust and faith in others will fail. There is a third option.

True. We are sensitive to the emotions of others by reflecting the same emotions, like a mirror. Colors reflect from the surface of objects because light is energy seen as frequency. Emotions are the same in the mind. We see with the mind. If a person's awareness is locked at self, they tend to only value their own emotions over others. If a person's awareness is open to the world, then empathy rules the intellect instead of self.

Correct. I can use words--waves of information--to convey energy to emotion through the intellect. I can also change my physical appearance and movement to do the same. If I can appeal to intellect, then the emotions of the person are changed. If that person is locked to self, then my words will mean little to them, as they are ruled by emotion and not intellect.

Correct, but not apart form words or actions. In the end, we are only able to manage these two things. This is why it is important that a person lives a life of equanimity, with intellect over emotion, instead of emotion over intellect. Awareness is the key. If a person can move outside of their own needs, and replace this with a greater value, then the focus is on expanding awareness. This is called transcendence. Growth as an individual can only happen when awareness is expanded. Ultimately, we can speed the process of nature along with mental alchemy. The comparison is directly parallel to alchemy of metal.

There is only one letter difference. N is the Hebrew letter Nun, which is the representation of the seed. A seed is information that transcends to the next generation. It is the idea of continuation of information as it progresses through the generations. Alchemy speeds up the process of nature by allowing an individual to move the process ahead in a lifetime as opposed to many generations. The seed is there within us.

The easy way to view this is with a metaphysical concept in mathematics called impenetrability. One energy cannot occupy the space of another, nor can one object occupy the space of another. Information in the form of consciousness is the greatest energy of all. When emotion comes to the mind, the greater of the two forces will rule. If emotion is stronger than intellect, a person is driven by self. If the intellect is greater than the emotion, then the emotion is mastered and equanimity rules actions. This is when a person conquers self.

Once you know yourself, you are free to transcend to truth and wisdom for the benefit of others in every situation. Self no longer matter. It is moved aside by the only true reality--consciousness. At the end of the day, when all emotion is controlled, you will see that love is all that matters. Love is the fulfillment of the law that Christ came to show us. By placing our trust in God, the third option I mentioned above allows us to value all life as one within the creation of a loving creator.

When you reach this point, your seed is then in union with the spirit and you transcend this reality for the next. Read John 3. Baptism is the water of material reality. Finding love for the spirit of God is the union that moves you beyond baptism. Rebirth in the spirit is through Christ. The blood of Christ is the new seed.

Related article on my blog: LINK

edit on 24-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

Here's a better link for Kevin's Triangle

join