It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal electrical phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Before it is mentioned, I know similar phenomenon has been discussed here previously, but I feel as if an uncanny sequence of events may warrant further discussion.

For as long as I can recall, street lights have been extinguishing as I passed beneath them, from my very first memories of this happening from within a car, to merely a week ago. When I was young, around age 10, I seemed to carry a perpetual static-electric field that would dispense shocks with reasonable frequency, irrespective of whether or not I had been wearing attire that would have generated a charge. This continued with reasonable frequency for around a year and a half, until it eventually ceased.

I had grown accustomed to the occasional street light extinguishing as I walked beneath it until I recently moved to an area in which I was making more frequent journeys through the suburbs of a night, often to and from a nearby train station; Along this path was a bridge, dotted with numerous street lights. One evening whilst walking up a ramp beside the bridge with a friend, a light went off at the bottom, and two in sequence at the top. Later that evening, my housemates called me into the loungeroom, and the moment I entered the room they all burst out in frustration. It took me a few seconds to realise that the moment I passed it, the television had gone off whilst they had been playing a game, and despite my attempts, I could not turn it back on. After a few minutes the television was operational again.

Following a few more isolated events involving street lights, one of my housemates and I decided to walk to the supermarket down the road. Before we had reached it, two lights had gone off. My house mate passed this off with scepticism, and lead me back to our house a way that I had never taken before. The path was dotted with lights, and surely, after a number of minutes, one went off. My housemate continued his scepticism stating that they were built to trip if they became too hot, much to my irrational irritation. I pointed out that fluorescent bulbs were cooler that conventional bulbs, and shouldn't have the same mechanism. We continued down the path further, until suddenly everything became dark, and the remaining street light above us was extinguished. All I remember him saying was "you're scaring me, man". Since then, a few more have gone out in my presence, all, notably, when I haven't been thinking of the phenomena at all.

I have little to make of this, it is simply what has happened.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Do you suffer from anxiety?
or stress etc...
Just trying to tie it to something. I mean if its not all just coincidence there would have to be a cause for there to be an effect.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I fully understand where you are coming from. Things like this have happened to me my entire life.

While I served in the U.S. Navy, I was barred from the bridge on both of my ships while they were performing magnetic compass drills because I would cause the compasses to sweep. I am unable to use a compass for the same reason, although I don't need to use one because I am able to sense north very well.

I have a lot of difficulty finding watches that I can wear. I either drain the batteries, fry the lcd's or magnetize the mainsprings.

I have had a shock of 440 volts at 10 amps and received no injuries from it. When electronics are first brought
into my home they will not work properly for the first week until my system has adapted to then and no longer affects them directly. At my worst, I don't even dare to turn lights on or off because I will blow the bulb, whether incandescant or flourescent.

One plus seems to be that I boost cell phone signals significantly, I will get a signal in places where no one else can.

Just know that there are others out there, friend.
edit on 24-11-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: in addendum

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Thanks Amanita93 and gamesmaster63

I have the same, but only when I am really angry.

On the problems with watches, this could be useful for you.
I found out that automatic watches (no electronics inside) with a full titanium casing do not have these problems with me.

Maybe you can try one.

I also have had a big electric shock, when I was about 14 years old.
I had burns on the palms of both hands. It was 5000 volts and serious amperage.
It took 15 years for my ECG to become normal again.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
@jonco6
I suppose this is true. I have lived through several episodes of mild depression, and it is possible that I have a mildly related personality disorder, although lately, I have been under a lot of stress related to finance, and my studies.

@gamesmaster63
It's rather interesting to hear about such extreme cases of this phenomenon. From memory, I couldn't directly related to them, but technology's reaction to your presence sounds mildly similar to that of my father. It seems like he is consistently experiencing unexplained hardware problems with computers and mobile phones and constantly asking me to fix them. I've received a few electric shocks without incident throughout the times, but nothing major.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Amusingly, when the last two lights went out, I felt it was some kind of reaction to the frustration my friend's scepticism was brewing in me. Whether or not this is some kind of absurd coincidence is a mystery.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

I found that out about the watches almost 20 years ago now, but even with them I will run into the occasional one that still magnetizes, I think it has to do with the thickness of the titanium alloy used.

I have had many smaller electrical shocks, as well as three large ones. The one I mentioned and the following two, a very high (30,000 V) voltage shock, but that one was at about 1/10 amp, radar dish, struck by lightning when I was 4 but I don't remember it happening or much from before it.

I have a friend of mine who is doing research on electrical shocks and it seems to be showing that many people who have received multiple small or large shocks and survived them seem to be able to route the energy along the surface of their skin rather than through the body's interior, thus preventing the most serious types of damage. He hopes to publish within 2 years.

He did have one hell of a time getting authorization to shock people for science.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I all ways used to get this when I was young walking back from a mates house at night and the street lights went out as I approached them, it happened at different times which made it even more stranger. Thought I was dumbledore

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by Pokoia

I found that out about the watches almost 20 years ago now, but even with them I will run into the occasional one that still magnetizes, I think it has to do with the thickness of the titanium alloy used.

I have had many smaller electrical shocks, as well as three large ones. The one I mentioned and the following two, a very high (30,000 V) voltage shock, but that one was at about 1/10 amp, radar dish, struck by lightning when I was 4 but I don't remember it happening or much from before it.

I have a friend of mine who is doing research on electrical shocks and it seems to be showing that many people who have received multiple small or large shocks and survived them seem to be able to route the energy along the surface of their skin rather than through the body's interior, thus preventing the most serious types of damage. He hopes to publish within 2 years.

He did have one hell of a time getting authorization to shock people for science.

Please inform us at ATS if the research is published. This made me real curious, an interesting theory.
BTW , you being struck by lighting as a child is serious event.

Before I had this shock with 5000 Volt ac I had no problems touching live wire, 220 Volts over here.
After that moment such contact would really hurt me.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

You have to do what you love: researching bizarre phenomenon, or being shocked daily in a research facility. I'd be rather fascinated to hear of their findings.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanita93
reply to post by Pokoia

Amusingly, when the last two lights went out, I felt it was some kind of reaction to the frustration my friend's scepticism was brewing in me. Whether or not this is some kind of absurd coincidence is a mystery.

Maybe in your case anger can trigger it to.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

It is possible, however such an emotion seemed completely unrelated to the previous occasions.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
That's really interesting...about the electrical shocks. I'd love to read the research too. I also influence electrical things from time to time and drain batteries. It was more intense after a near death experience. That's common with NDEs. On a talk show about the subject, all the NDE guests' battery packs for the microphones kept going dead. The show's staff was tripping out about it because it never happens.

Fortunately, I haven't had a NDE recently and worked to even out my emotions. Most electronics are safe around me right now...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

As far as I am aware, I've never had a near death experience, but an on the other hand, I believe I have experienced at least a single out of body experience.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm a psychic vampire & have drained a few laptops & every cell phone I've had to the point to where they entirely stop working. I have to limit the time I spend on my computer & keep my cell off my person while I'm at home so it doesn't happen again. I haven't extinguished any street lamps yet but I have meet another vamp whose has as well as set off car alarms. the closest I've come to that though is making light bulbs explode.

Not sure what could be causing that for you, but those are just my experiences.

EDIT: Oh also my grandma can't wear watches because they always stop working around her. Not sure if you've heard of that phenomenon happening before.
edit on 24/11/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Once he has been peer reviewed and published, I will post the first place where it can be downloaded or read online.

I am also very interested to find out myself if this holds true for the majority of people who have survived powerful or multiple shocks.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
That's really interesting...about the electrical shocks. I'd love to read the research too. I also influence electrical things from time to time and drain batteries. It was more intense after a near death experience. That's common with NDEs. On a talk show about the subject, all the NDE guests' battery packs for the microphones kept going dead. The show's staff was tripping out about it because it never happens.

Fortunately, I haven't had a NDE recently and worked to even out my emotions. Most electronics are safe around me right now...

I will have to bring that idea up to him also. I have spent most of my life learning meditation techniques that allow OOBE's and have had 3 NDE's myself (car accident).

I never thought about that possible correlation, would be very]/b] interesting if it held true.

edit on 25-11-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PinkAndBlack

Sounds to me like you are an energy vampire, I thought psychic vampires pulled energy from other people, not from electrical devices. Could be wrong, haven't really studied it.

top topics

join