It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thanksgiving Tribute to ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I want to make this thread a tribute to the staff of ATS, Simon, Bill, Mark, and Stephan, and all the super mods and mods, and the wonderful job they do to keep ATS on the path it is. Enough cannot be said for the dedication these people have to keep ATS running.

Yes, Thanksgiving is a United States holiday, and I've met many members here that are in many different countries. ATS is a multi-national website, so an explanation of the American tradition is in order:

We kill one of these, a turkey:

Mind you, most of them are now fed Monsanto treated grain (farm raised) to enhance their meat production. Millions of turkeys die each year, being raised specifically for this holiday.

So as Americans, we buy a turkey in the store, and cook it, and invite friends and family over for a feast, something loosely related to the immigrants that originally settled this country. It's a National Tradition now, so the original meaning is lost in time.

We make it look something like this:

Yum! Of course, we have a plethora of other side dishes, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, baked beans, greens, stuffing, rolls, and pies. In the USA, we are shamefully extravagant on this day.

It IS our day to give thanks, regardless of the rest of the world. It doesn't matter to us that there are starving children in other countries, we shamelessly celebrate a tradition honed into our minds.

In the USA, we are thankful on this day, regardless of how we got to this twisted state.
I am thankful for my health, my family, my children, and a good meal.

I wish others to share what they are thankful for, regardless of the country they live in, because without addressing what we are thankful for, we'll never appreciate what we have.

(And yes, many kudos to ALL the ATS staff. I cannot thank you enough for all the effort you put forth in keeping the site running smoothly. To Skeptic Overlord, I wish you could taste a helping of my Cherry smoked honey glazed turkey. 6 hours on a rotisserie, with a quarter inch smoke ring. You are the oil that keeps the machine running smoothly. I thank you for that.)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ATS.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
[color=mediumorchid]I couldn't agree more.

This year I am thankful for my children, family and friends.

I am thankful that I got to see my big sister and my amazing niece and nephews.

I am thankful that I am back in school after a year long hiatus and that I am getting good grades.

I am thankful for ATS, the staff and all of the members. (okay maybe not ALL of them.)

And I am thankful that my mother in law went out of town for the holiday.

S&F for you OP. Hope you have a great holiday.
edit on 23-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

join