It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Box in Rome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hello Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a black box that is under lock and key in rome. I read an artical about it several years ago and was reminded of it when I came across this forum.

From what I remember, the black box is said to contain the spirits of the ancient gods. If I remember correctly, when christians were just forming a religion, a god killed the god Pan inorder to show his strength. He used this power to force the other gods in to a black box, then claimed to be the one true god.

Does anyone else remember reading about this? or am I just going crazy?

I look forward to everyone's reply (even if I get some rude replys)

Thanks for reading.
Aaron
a.k.a CAVEMAN2U

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
hey caveman2u,

i decided to do a little searching on google after reading your post and although what you are saying is news to me, this is what i found:

it seems some dont think that Pan is dead at all-

The Great God Pan Is Not Dead

If one believes Greek historian Plutarch (in "The Obsolescence of Oracles" (Moralia, Book 5:17) Pan is the only Greek god who is dead. During the reign of Tiberius (A.D. 14-37), the news of Pan's death came to one Thamus, a sailor on his way to Italy by way of the island of Paxi. A divine voice hailed him across the salt water, "Thamus, are you there? When you reach Palodes, take care to proclaim that the great god Pan is dead." Which Thamus did, and the news was greeted from shore with groans and laments.

Robert Graves (The Greek Myths) suggested that the Egyptian Thamus apparently misheard Thamus Pan-megas Tethnece ('the all-great Tammuz is dead') for 'Thamus, Great Pan is dead!' Certainly, when Pausanias toured Greece about a century after Plutarch, he found Pan's shrines, sacred caves and sacred mountains still very much frequented.

quote linked here

i also came across some info that it might have something to do with the christians destroying Pans shrines and such, so i can imagine that maybe thats how he could be considered dead, when he was probably more or less forgotten.

things i couldnt find:

1. who killed pan, if infact it was another god.
2. any info related to a black box in rome, besides the obvious references to pandoras box.

any input, thoughts? dfh out.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by deafence#]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
could the box be the ark of the covenant perhaps

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skerley
could the box be the ark of the covenant perhaps

i dont think so, the ark supposedly contains the commandments god handed down to moses. and i dont think it was black either. i cant find anything on this black box under rome. anymore info caveman2u?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I can't remeber much, it's been along time since I first heard about it. It had to of been in some Astrology or psychic journal. I've been looking high and low for the artical. I usually keep interesting subjects like that.

I hope I do fine it soon, or else I'm going to start thinking I just imagined it.

It seems to me like it was written by someone who had access to the vatican or knew someone in the vatican. but i'm not 100% sure.

top topics

join