It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

optical illusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
sorry if here already. its a new one on me.

stare at the red nose for 15-20seconds. then look away to a wall or ceiling and blink a few times.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I saw a beautiful girl. Nice!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Dont matter how many times I look she still got her clothes on

I saw one of these that makes you see jesus, but I'm glad he kept HIS clothes on

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
WOWIE! FAVORITE!!! hahahahaa jk but still cool!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I saw this -

but it's funny how the eyes work like that

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
That was cool..

Thanks for sharing..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
And it works even if you are not looking at the red dot, specifically, for the 15-20 seconds... Harumph!...

My question: If we see ourselves the way we do, is it because we are color inverted like the pic in the OP?...
Nah... Surely not... But who knows!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

its not our eyes that see, it is our brains.

this little piece of trickery just demonstrates how illusory life is.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Yep, I tried to explain to my friend that we dont actualy see anything really, but he looked at me like I was weird

Our eyes detect light waves and connvert it into a signal. That signal is sent to a very dark place at the back of our brain where it is converted into the image that we perceive. The image we see is just our interpretation of those signals. This means that everything we see is just something invented by our brain.
I watched a documentary that was taking a close look at witnesses to crimes. They took a bunch of people for a ride on a bus. When they got back they were all asked some questions. One of those questions asked where the man listening to a radio was seated and what he was wearing. nearly all of them gave very detailed answers but there was no man with a radio. Simple suggestion caused them to invent something that did not exist. Now imagine the influence that television must have on ALL of us.

top topics

join