It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First preliminary data on Bigfoot nuclear DNA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Source

Before you read any further, you must watch this talk by David Paulides. It explains what the Bigfoot DNA study is trying to prove. Click here. Also, you may want to check out "Homo sapiens hirsutii," the proposed scientific name for sasquatch.

Here it is ladies and gentlemen, the A-Bomb of DNA results. Robert Lindsay does not reveal his source, but we'll take his word for it. First, we want to say that we are not geneticists, so we'll need an expert to decipher what we actually have here. We can tell you that not even Robert himself understands what some of the results mean.

"The results from the MC1R gene tests were very confusing, and I do not understand the results very well, but I will just throw them out to you and let you try to make sense out of them. Sources told me that the MC1R gene in the three Bigfoots was exactly the same in each one, a shocking finding. The results were “within the human range, but just barely.”

Bigfoot News November 21, 2011

Nuclear DNA: As I promised in an earlier post, we can now release preliminary data on Bigfoot nuclear DNA. Three samples were tested for nuclear DNA. A single gene, the MC1R gene, was tested. According to Wikipedia, MC1R is one of the key proteins involved in regulating mammalian skin and hair color. In fact, in this study it was considered the “hair color” gene for practical purposes. The default Bigfoot hair color, which was the same in all three copies, is “red.” That could mean “auburn.”

All humans have a distinctive marker on this gene. In Neandertals, one polymorphism is different. Caucasians can have 10 varying coding genes for MC1R and Blacks can have five different coding genes for MC1R, but they all share a single polymorphism that differentiates them as humans and from apes and even primitive hominids like Neandertal.

The results from the MC1R gene tests were very confusing, and I do not understand the results very well, but I will just throw them out to you and let you try to make sense out of them. Sources told me that the MC1R gene in the three Bigfoots was exactly the same in each one, a shocking finding. The results were “within the human range, but just barely.”

While all what they are saying sounds great and hopefully what they are saying is true and the actually have a Bigfoot body which is providing them DNA samples, I can help but be a bit of a skeptic on this one.

I thought it was interesting information though, and thought I would share it with all of you Bigfoot enthusiasts out there, as it was a decent read.

My hopes are that this is not just a hoax...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My thoughts are ...

I hope this one finally pans out. But like you I'm a bit skeptical as well. I've been burned a few times by taking some of these claims too seriously. I'm a believer in the big fella. I hope they'll someday be able to prove they exist without having to kill or capture one.

Then I can finally tell my older Brother.
World renounced SKEPTIC

Mleueuegh!

edit on 23-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
"Homo sapiens hirsutii,"

...is that a joke?
Homo Sapiens? As if it's from our genetic line?
Hirsutii? As in, "hirsute"? As in, "hairy"?

The world is bonkers.
That said... I'd love to see some follow up to this. The bigfoot story and sightings are such an interesting phenomena, I'd love to see some irrefutable evidence.

...that said, I haven't watched these videos yet. Will post back once I have

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Interesting!!
Will watch and then revert.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
My thoughts are ...

I hope this one finally pans out. But like you I'm a bit skeptical as well. I've been burned a few times by taking some of these claims too seriously. I'm a believer in the big fella. I hope they'll someday be able to prove they exist without having to kill or capture one.

Then I can finally tell my older Brother.
World renounced SKEPTIC

Mleueuegh!

edit on 23-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I hope this one has some merit too it as well, unfortunately the waters have been muddied by so many people with grand claims that are usually hoaxes. I too have followed a few ones that I actually thought would pan out and was very disappointed by the people that are okay with discrediting the research of Sasquatch.

I think the amount of evidence that has been found over the years lends credence to the fact there could be a large primate living where we believe primates not to be. I'm just thankful we have reputable scientists with good credible science behind them, like Jeff Meldrum, and they are fighting the good fight.

As stated before, I hope this story is true as it's a biggie.
And hopefully more follow up information will be available soon, and try to share it with the community as soon as I can.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It should be mentioned here perhaps that you don't need a body as such in order to extract a DNA sample - all you need are fresh hair follicles, blood, or any other type of tissue, as long as it's uncontaminated and relatively fresh. From what I understand, DNA samples of purported Sasquatch tissue have already been tested in labs in the past - and they always come back as "unknown primate'....

Just sayin'...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If the DNA study is released after the peer review things should get pretty exciting. Altho I'm not wild about Lindsey continually leaking bit's and pieces, or even Paulides involvement I am hopeful all the independent samples that were sent in will yield suprising results.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Are there any updates on this yet? Very interested in hearing any results.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Im a huge believer in Bigfoot too.

I hope this pans out. We are discovering new species and sub-species a lot these days. Maybe Bigfoot fits in there soon.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The DNA Project/Update

Well, this is interesting. It seems after reading this report that just came out today, that all will be released soon..very soon it says..

If you go here you can read this report from "North american Bigfoot research" www.nabigfootsearch.com...

Bigfoot human? a complex paper will tell all.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm one who wants to believe. But as always I'll be a bit skeptical until the final word comes out.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There are humans..Homo Sapiens, born today, with just a minor gene "Malfunction", "Difference" whatever, that means they are born and live their lives, covered in Hair....
These so called "Wolf" people are in Mexico, South America, India, even China has a few examples......Not sure if White people have the same hair feature, tho remember, white people are naturally Hairier than most non whites (except Australian Natives which also have European "Type" Hairyness.)

So its not hard to believe that a group of Humans, who are hairy and breed with other hairy humans that are tall, can over millenia, develop into a "Bigfoot" human person.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Bigfoot DNA Update: The Fallout and Summary 11/24/12

More info and Cryptomundo gives it take!! "At the risk of editorializing, and we should acknowledge these may not be the opinions of Cryptomundo, or of any of the other Cryptomundo"

Well this will be a real drama in the coming weeks IMHO. Lots of stuff on "bigfoot evidence site also.

info gotton from crytomundo here www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2012/11/29/nr-dna-evidence-proves-big-foot-exists.cnn

Just saw this on CNN this morning. I thought it was interesting that they are trying to get them recognized as indigenous people, so they are left alone.

Not that I believe people will leave them alone, but it would be nice.

top topics

join