It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Crashes Ron Paul Event/Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Ok so it doesn't seem the good doctor was that annoyed by it, but he was a little you can see by the way he was standing sideways for a while.

MSNBC reported it as well

"We are the 99%! We will be heard! There are criminals on Wall Street who walk free, there are protesters in jail," they chanted. "There's something wrong with this system. We are the 99%! We will be heard!"

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

They will be heard, and what are they saying?
There are criminals on Wall Street?
Ya so?
So what?

There are criminals on the streets too but if they aren't being arrested do you occupy the police station or the streets?

I'm all for accountability, they are correct, there are criminals on wall street.
But if you are also for accountability then you gotta go occupy decision makers.

Here specifically, I am not against what they are saying
I agree with them, not their location though

Listen politicians want to be re-elected right?
But you can't finger point at rich people saying "What you are a doing is wrong"
Because you know what they will do in response?
They will start drinking and laughing while watching the futile show

But politicians want to be reelected
So go to washington, and if you can't drive or fly there go to your local representative's office.
edit on 22-11-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Already posted here:

ATS thread

with a similar inflammatory thread title. they didn't crash anything, and Paul says he stands with them, so whatever.

But yeah I agree, they have raised awareness, now it's time to demand action, if those "elected" to represent the whole aren't doing their job, toss them the heck out.

but, if the entire system including the elections are rigged, what is the next step?

I just find it interesting that the article is titled:

'Occupy' protesters speak out at Paul campaign stop

and contains this:

Approximately 15 students in a crowd of several hundred in a Keene State College auditorium stood up and began yelling as Paul awaited his final question from supporters this evening.

"We are the 99%! We will be heard! There are criminals on Wall Street who walk free, there are protesters in jail," they chanted. "There's something wrong with this system. We are the 99%! We will be heard!" When the protesters finished, the Texas Congressman -- who smiled throughout their delivery -- leaned into the microphone and asked, "Do you feel better?" The audience erupted in cheers and applause. "Let me address that for a minute, because if you listen carefully, I'm very much involved in the 99," Paul told the students. "We need to sort that out. But the people on Wall Street got the bailouts and you guys got stuck with the bills and I think that's where the problem is."

So 15 people spoke up during a question and answer period, Paul smiles through the entire thing then affirms that he supports them.

But you guys call it "OWS crashes"

Interesting.

The most important line being

But the people on Wall Street got the bailouts and you guys got stuck with the bills and I think that's where the problem is.

And he is 100% correct.

edit on 22-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join