It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Website Bans Alex Jones

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

True story Bro!
The dude soaked me for about 90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!
He gives no hard facts but spreads plenty of fear.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Here's a post directly off the OWS boards by a moderator. If this is what they really stand for, then I completely reject the movement.

Stop posting RonPaul comments, you will be blocked from this site. OWS does not endorse political candidates, especially RonPaul
Some people don't understand why we are censoring posts. This is not a free speech issue, if you don't agree with our agenda you shouldn't be writing on our website.
We want free education, free health care, and unemployment benefits for everyone by taxing the 1% and most importantly we want to end capitalism!!
RonPaul talks about ending the Federal Reserve. This has nothing to do with Occupy Wall Street as this is a Government Agency that helps increase employment by lowering interest rates. Occupy Wall Street wants a bigger government that can provide for the people, we don't want to decrease the size of the government! That doesn't make any sense.
RonPaul also wants to stop the wars, which again has nothing to do with the OWS goals. While everyone has their own opinion about the wars, we need to trust Obama who during his Peace Prize speech explained that some wars are necessary to achieve true peace in the world.
We agree to freedom of speech when promoting our agenda in public places but not from RonPaul supporters on our website. At the next meeting I will try to get a consensus to block RonPaul supporters from our meetings and protests. Hopefully we can create a black list of these right wing extremists and make sure they don't get in our way.
Stop posting RonPaul comments, you will be blocked from this site. - OWSmoderator

Is this satire or what?

link please or you're making it up

and you don't qualify as a newb
so no excuses

that said if true

they want to abolish capitalism AND tax the 1% ?

contradictory much?

and if they want bigger government... ? WTF?

as an anarchist and a sworn enemy of all government, and irrational authority,
they can definitely count me out,
and should tread carefully so as to not make an active enemy.

the fed's absolution by this moderator and tacit acceptance of the MIC is definitely not sounding kosher at all

neither the OP or the Occupy haters should be high-fiveing though, thinking OWS just lost another supporter though, as i'm on record here as not believing in the effectiveness of mass movements, just their right to protest.

and i certainly won't be joining their side either.

so let's see that link Raelsatu, or it's a troll/shill post [attacking the post, not the poster]

funny how no one has bothered to look into the website and find out who's paying for it and who really owns it

reply to post by g146541

L
L

think about all the time and energy TCOTBIP have robbed you of [truer story
]
so AJ isn't for you...

some people need to be shocked out of their complacency by any means, IMO
edit on 26-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: reply to g146541

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

WHOIS information for OccupyWallSt.org :

[Querying whois.publicinterestregistry.net]
[whois.publicinterestregistry.net]
NOTICE: Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Public Interest Registry
registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registry
for informational purposes only, and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its
accuracy. This service is intended only for query-based access. You agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume,
automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of
Registry Operator or any ICANN-Accredited Registrar, except as reasonably
necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. All
rights reserved. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain ID
162782714-LROR
Domain Name:OCCUPYWALLST.ORG
Created On:14-Jul-2011 11:47:00 UTC
Last Updated On:13-Sep-2011 03:52:13 UTC
Expiration Date:14-Jul-2012 11:47:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Registrant ID:d40473b7f9ca786e
Registrant Name:WhoisGuard Protected
Registrant Organization:WhoisGuard
Registrant Street1:11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Los Angeles
Registrant State/Province:CA
Registrant Postal Code:90064
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.6613102107
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.6613102107
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]
Admin ID:d40473b7f9ca786e
Admin Name:WhoisGuard Protected
Admin Organization:WhoisGuard
Admin Street1:11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Los Angeles
Admin State/Province:CA
Admin Postal Code:90064
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.6613102107
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+1.6613102107
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:[email protected]
Tech ID:d40473b7f9ca786e
Tech Name:WhoisGuard Protected
Tech Organization:WhoisGuard
Tech Street1:11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Los Angeles
Tech State/Province:CA
Tech Postal Code:90064
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.6613102107
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+1.6613102107
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:[email protected]
Name Server:NS1.LOBSTERTECH.COM
Name Server:NS2.LOBSTERTECH.COM
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

Los Angeles?
apparently the names are being kept covered up,and at 2 in the morning i can't buy a blank dvd to boot up the latest Backtrack and run a proper whois and get those names so i'll see ya all tomorrow
unless somebody else beats me to it

edit on 26-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
reply to post by seabag

No, I don't think OWS supports shutting down the education department.

Ron Paul is just as bad as any of the other morons running for office, sorry buddy.

From the perspective of a communist/feminist perhaps, as shutting down the Department of Education would also be shutting down pro marxist, and pro feminist propaganda that is often outright lies.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

reply to post by seabag

No, I don't think OWS supports shutting down the education department.

Ron Paul is just as bad as any of the other morons running for office, sorry buddy.

From the perspective of a communist/feminist perhaps, as shutting down the Department of Education would also be shutting down pro marxist, and pro feminist propaganda that is often outright lies.

as opposed to let the states determine the curricula ?
good luck with that when half the country fails biology 101 in college because they were taught creationist "science" at school because their particular states have the power to determine what kind of propaganda that is often outright lies is taught in schools.

also, there is a difference between a pagan and a communist/feminist, so please refrain from name calling as it makes you look not only immature, but it immediately identifies you as an an irrational person who's opinions are therefore worthless.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

PLEASE stop hating on anarchists
we aren't the ones who "want to wreck the world and rule the ruins"

that's just agit-prop from the governments you seem to idolize.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

So you would prefer to not fix what is wrong with the education department, and instead open them up to being owned privately by companies to then use as a capitalist propaganda machine?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wuforde

Private investment firm is trying to patnent the name so that it would then be "copyright infringement" as an attempt to shut the movement down, ie copyright the name and levy a claim of infringement all to shut the movement down.

My local one's account started as a Wepay account attached to a Wells Fargo account now we use a credit union.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

All of which you mention will be handled when the time is right as the time is not now.

I apologize if you thought I was blacking out on you.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

OWS org site is registered in NYC and not in LA what you have there is the Occupy LA page!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

just got up 1hr ago thanks for the reminder
please provide correct link then

also each occupy is a tribe
should you really be lumping them all together?

if OWS has been co-opted it doesn't mean the rest have
is what i'm saying.
edit used the address from op [who now that i think about it has provided little concerning links, hmmm]
why does a whois [see above] say los angeles? is there Wall Street in LA?
edit on 26-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

why does a whois [see above] say los angeles? is there Wall Street in LA?
edit on 26-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

Because thats just an agency that keeps some whois information anonymous. They are based in LA, not the actual owner. If you want to find out who the owner of the actual site is you will need a subpoena.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by korathin

So you would prefer to not fix what is wrong with the education department, and instead open them up to being owned privately by companies to then use as a capitalist propaganda machine?

As opposed to a government propaganda machine.
The education(indoctrination) system has a lot of issues, many problems need fixing in that area. Like the promotion of critical thought for one.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yes it's the Los Angeles financial district is Wall Street LA!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Yes it's the Los Angeles financial district is Wall Street LA!

umm No...

still no explanation why a new york site is registered in California

anybody else have any intel? as op seems to have done a hit and run here

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Where in the article does it mention a private investment firm? Also why use what you are hating on, wells fargo? The irony here is a bad made for TV movie on syfy.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wuforde

Wells Fargo is a master cause for the recent financial calamity. We've been actively looking into credit unions to run the donation pages through so that none of them are attached to any of the following entities :

Bank Of America, Chase Manhattan, Wells Fargo, Capital One, Sovereign Bank, GE Capital, JP Morgan, Merril-Lynch

And any bank mentioned in the following page :
blogs.wsj.com...

This is so that our money isn't being held by the same fools we are against!
edit on 27-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So far i havent read the entire thread but in response to the OP:

Why would anyone allow someone as noisy as Alex jones take part of your movement with the very probable reality of this person hijacking the entire thing with his already established resources in media influence.You simply have no idea where someone like A.J would take this but you can be fairly sure he would make it into his own spectacle and front it.

Also david icky...lizards

They would be setting themselves up for much ridicule by allowing these 2 characters in and they would likely become very prominent faces in the media connected to their movement,each spewing their own personal views about the whole topic and seeing as this movement has been intended for 'the people' that would not have been ideal in anyway.

Maybe having certain characters like A.J onboard in advisory role (not limiting myself to A.J here) would have been of some benefit but A.J specificly would in all likelyhood push himself to the front no matter what ,forming the movement into whatever he wants.Wich is more then likey just more listeners for his radioshow.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

I'll save you the time of reading it all. Alex Jones made a big stink about not being allowed to have his material on there ( presumably because that means he isnt the center of attention). People on here divided into a few camps. One agreed with you that it would be stupid to have a nut like AJ on the sight because he hijacks everything he can. Another group said that was OWS's right because it was a private website. Another group went onto an AJ misguided rant about their understanding of the constitution and that because this was a public protest their website was public space too. And the final group just loved AJ all day and talked about the great work he does waking people up. In the end it became I hate AJ or AJ is my savior. Nothing was solved accept for the fact that not just AJ was banned. Jones ranted about it a few more times on his show, and here we are now

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Thank you for the summary onfire that was great ,much appreciated

I have been away from ATS and other sources alike on purpose for quite a while and i wasnt aware that alex made a big fuzz about not being allowed to use the movement (wich i do believe he would have).The fact that he did ,to me,shows nothing else but a grudge for not being allowed to exploit the event.

Myself i am always a bit on the fence about A.J but in the end i dont trust him.

So now i guess i joined in on the bickering on wether or not A.J is a hero or not,All i can do is hope that some people walked away from it with a healthy dis-trussed of people like A.J

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join