It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt. John Pike, UC Davis pepper spray cop goes viral and becomes a Meme

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If I was craftier with the photoshopping, I'd make one saying "Didn't you hear? Pepper Spray is a vegetable now!"

Eff this government to hell and back!
edit on 22-11-2011 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
If I was craftier with the photoshopping, I'd make one saying "Didn't you hear? Pepper Spray is a vegetable now!"

Eff this government to hell and back!
edit on 22-11-2011 by tjack because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:41:51 -0600 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
woke this morning and found this clown on my facebook page.....along with the number to all his superiors.

I don't even live near the incident, but I didn't hesitate to phone in my complaint.

The lady on the other end, sounded so depressed, she told me that she had been getting calls all day about it.

Don't mess with the internet generation.

Solidarity.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Ha ha ha! Close enough!

Eeet your veggies, hippee!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Ha ha ha! Close enough!

I'd like to baaaaaah *ahem* buy some organic four cheese pizza seeds please.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ha ha ha! Close enough!

Others have picked up on your idea (too funny):

"In a stunning reversal, it was announced today that Lt. John Pike was not dousing seated, nonviolent UC Davis protesters with pepper spray—he was feeding them a healthful snack. * * * * the USDA has declared pepper spray a vegetable * * * * In keeping with UC policy that all food served on campus must come from approved caterers, Lt. Pike will be reassigned to Food Services." See www.thefastertimes.com...

unlikelywords.tumblr.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

All of these things cheapen and make light of something that is very serious. It's wrong to turn this into a comedy sketch. If you're laughing about it, you're pushing the seriousness of it aside. What a mockery of a tragic depiction of our times.

There are limits to what I believe should be turned into a joke. If things are made to be funny, they are one step closer to being accepted because people use humor as a way of coping. If this is how you cope with the situation, instead of some other way that might include thinking of how to take steps so this is the last time it happens, then that is regrettable.

What would people say if a video game was made where you could rescue 9/11 jumpers from buildings with nets instead of having them splatter on a sidewalk? Would that be too far? What is your definition of too far? Is it all about pop entertainment without limits?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGod

I get what you are saying...goose and gander and all. lol Really, it's just my opinion. I just worry about children that have to deal with the ignorant mistakes that their parents make. They may not even have children. That is the reason why I feel the way I do. I hope that explains it a little better.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I'm sorry that you have no sympathy for what happens to the cop's families, but I do. It wasn't the families mistake. It was the idiot cop's mistake. I do think he should be punished, but what you are saying is wrong. That would be like if you beat someone nearly to death, and that person's family member went to your house and killed your children because they wanted to hurt you. You are telling me that you think that is right?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My contribution to the meme:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Pike = Enemy of Unknown Soldiers Enemy of The Constitution, Enemy of America , Enemy of Peace and Enemy of Humanity

edit on 22-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by davereality

You are so right! I have a friend who wanted to be a police officer since she was in high school; always said it was her dream job... But she went down the beaten path and never came back, haha...

These pictures are great, I hope the cop sees them himself!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

This isnt a mockery making fun of the situation, as stated in the OP, its a form of shunning or social persuasion.
It also helps bring attention to the situation and the absurdity of it. its still a better form of dealing with the problem than doxing someone and having mobs take it into their own hand. Also your making this situationoutto be another 9/11 by hearing you talk of it in these terms.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Here's my creation. Excuse obvious lack of Photoshop talent

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
reply to post by RedGod

I get what you are saying...goose and gander and all. lol Really, it's just my opinion. I just worry about children that have to deal with the ignorant mistakes that their parents make. They may not even have children. That is the reason why I feel the way I do. I hope that explains it a little better.

That I can understand. Even without physical danger, the kids could become social pariahs depending on how old they are and the awareness of their peers. But then, I'm responsible for my actions, including those that affect my wives and my son. Which is why I think those actions through. I think this guy, if he cared, would probably send his family away if there were real danger.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well since it's Thanksgiving. We have plenty to be thankful for...

edit on 23-11-2011 by blackrain17 because: hmmmmm...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

source
edit on 23-11-2011 by armastevs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

Cops go to peoples' homes all the time, killing their dogs for no reason, attacking the wrong people, scaring the beejesus out of their children, even accidentally killing grandma. Those family members aren't responsible for whatever the person the cops were after did or didn't do, yet they suffer the consequences all the same.

Far too many innocent people are hurt by mistakes and the reckless disregard shown by cops.

Why should their families get a pass when no one else's does?

It's time for cops to take personal responsibility for their behavior.

If it takes harm coming to their families, then so be it.

Quit behaving like an arrogant ass who is above the law, quit lying on the stand under oath, start policing their own ranks, and earn some respect instead of demanding it, unearned.

And oh, yes, quit the damn whining about how dangerous the job is. The truth of the matter is that a retail clerk in a 7-11 has a far more dangerous job, as do taxi drivers, pizza delivery people, construction workers, fishermen, and a host of others in professions who actually contribute something tangible to society.

Don't believe me?

Go look it up:

www.bls.gov...

abyteofenews.com... -dangerous-professions-in-the-world/

Cops rank 9th on this list, but bear in mind that most cop deaths are due to traffic accidents, not shootings.

The idea that police work is excessively dangerous is simply a lie. It may be highly stressful, but it isn't as dangerous as many other common professions, especially when you consider the risk of being shot or murdered on the job: eliminate traffic accidents (most of which are avoidable, self-inflicted deaths due to carelessness), and the police death rate is minuscule compared to most, barely on the radar at all.
edit on 23-11-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Well said, couldnt have put it better myself. Respect is earned not demanded. Any come back and whos to blame? Yes Mr spray the inocent protestors. If his family get hurt? Karma. He should have thought of that when he abused his bosses. Because thats who the people he sprayed were. His boss.
edit on 23-11-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join