It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching the OWS channel on live stream and seen this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Um...yeah...ok?

Had to take a screen shot, Live Egyptian protests with a side by side of the live Canadian protests...

Thought it was interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
most of us cant read minds. you might give us on idea on your thoughts.
thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One is a genuine popular uprising. The other is an exercise in communal masturbation.
2nd

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
One is a genuine popular uprising. The other is an exercise in communal masturbation.
2nd

How many people have died protesting in Egypt today? What have they died for??????

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I assumed you would get it without an explanation, like the poster below you. derp...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

I assumed you would get it without an explanation, like the poster below you. derp...

it would just be nice if you give your opinion with in your op. i am surprised your happy to allow the other poster to speak for you.

if you really want to start acting like a child with your derpity derp crap i will just ask a mod to close the thread because you are not prepared to provide some input. show some manners for god sake.
edit on 21-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

What I see is the Egypt protesters are trying to create a new government and they are willing to die for the cause. The OWS protesters are a bunch of unemployed hippie wannabes who cry if they are sprayed with mace. I got your point thank you a picture is worth 1,000 words.
edit on 21-11-2011 by kellerphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
well i wouldn't so abruptly stereotype the ows movement just yet. their cause like rock and roll has its posers but i think i'll lend them my ear.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by hapablab

it would just be nice if you give your opinion with in your op. i am surprised your happy to allow the other poster to speak for you.

if you really want to start acting like a child with your derpity derp crap i will just ask a mod to close the thread because you are not prepared to provide some input. show some manners for god sake.
edit on 21-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

Hey now, my response wouldn't of been so "Childish" if your comment wasn't so sarcastic, c'mon, when someone says, we don't read minds, that's when it became a wtf moment for me and made my decision to say derp, since being a jerk for no reason deserves a DERP, if you would of been nice in your original post I would of in turn been nice back, next time please refrain from being mean, and try being polite, and also about the threat of the MODS, all I gotta say is, lets see you try :-).

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix

What I see is the Egypt protesters are trying to create a new government and they are willing to die for the cause. The OWS protesters are a bunch of unemployed hippie wannabes who cry if they are sprayed with mace. I got your point thank you a picture is worth 1,000 words.
edit on 21-11-2011 by kellerphoenix because: (no reason given)

Thank you, when I seen this live, my stomach turned, the people in the live stream chat were talking about how hard it is for them, (yeah sitting in front of a computer screen, cant be to tough if you can afford internet,) talking about the drum circles and how communism now, screw capitalism, then I look at Canada, a puppet?, everyone is laughing and dancing and how they were "standing their ground" against the police force begging people to show up at midnight to document themselves chained against a tree, THEN I look at Egypt, words can't describe. Perspective anyone? is all I thought.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

your reaction to this tells me all i need to know. thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

your reaction to this tells me all i need to know. thanks.

Troll
edit on 22-11-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

yes , of course. i'm a troll.

you are so right. always right.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

yes , of course. i'm a troll.

you are so right. always right.

You know what?, seeing everything happening in the world, this is senseless, I want to be the first to apologize, Im sorry for the name calling.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

Do the Canadians need a new government?
Or just better people, that know how to make it function?

Kinda like the us.
We need better people in places of power. The basic structure of the government is ok.
But no one is willing to make it work. It's as if they didn't read the instruction manual.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i just want to say i am no futher on here trying to figure what your point is in this thread?

are you dissappointed? are you dissappointed that there isn't the same anarchy in the ows movement? do you think the situation in egypt is out of control? society has more or less broken down in parts of egypt, do you want see this elsewhere?

dozens of people are being shot dead in egypt at the minute. i have no idea why they think they should be dying for this? many died to get rid of mubarek. now, many more are dying because the military are in charge.

i think the picture is of 2 very different situations that cannot really be compared.i still really dont know what your thoughts are on this?

top topics

join