It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Background Radiation in California Over 300% Higher than Normal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Disturbing readings from one of Radiation Station Central's HEPA filters after just 30 days of use: 308% of normal background higher. Alpha and beta radiation captured by the filter can be attributed to the triple Fukushima Japan meltdowns, melt-throughs and melt-outs and the decision to begin burning 550,000 tons of radioactive debris in Tokyo from October to March, sending a double dose of radioactive fallout on the Jet Stream over the Pacific to land on America, Canada and beyond. Finding this high a level of radiation is considered dangerous by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Ingested alpha particles can be up to 1,000 times more dangerous than their beta and gamma counterparts.

Not sure how reliable the video is, but still thought it was worth a share. I'm really uncomfortable with this kind of news living in WA. I have a hard time believing we are all safe from the radiation spewed from Fukushima. What do you guys think? Legit video or fear mongering?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Can't watch right now, wish I could.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Not only is Japan burning radioactive debris and waste, but the radiation that was already released in the Pacific will be picked up and re-distributed through precipitation cycles. Of course the US West Coast will get the lion's share of radiation.

I don't care what anyone says - HUGE amounts of radiation were released into the environment. Much more than Chernobyl. Releasing it into the ocean may have initially made the incident seem less dangerous than it was, but all that really happened was the full amount of fallout was delayed and spread out over time.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Between that and the garbage patch of rubble still floating its way to the West coast, its not a great time to live in CA. Perhaps it will take something like this to get the governments of the world a kick up the arse and get them thinking about how to fix this issue.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I think the full scale of the destruction from the Fukishima disaster, won't be known for years. There has been so much controversy over the amount of leaked radiation that we have absolutely no way of knowing for sure right now.

I just hope that it's not as bad as I think it is.

I made it blue just for you, Sir, since you said pink doesn't go with your complexion.

edit on 21-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I just hope that it's not as bad as I think it is.

You and I both. I don't want to start growing gills or a third eye.

I made it blue just for you, Sir, since you said pink doesn't go with your complexion.

Appreciated

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
how much of this data can we trust. Seriously we all have to start carrying geiger counters to get the truth?
this map looks the same as it ever did US radiation map

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I highly doubt that we are being told the whole truth about everything. It's hard for me to trust this source 100% but at the same time I do't automatically doubt it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reminds me of the balloon bombs the Japanese sent over utilizing the jet stream during WW2 they made it far into American soil it wasn't highly publicized because the american Gov didn't want the Japanese thinking it worked...

judging by the cleanup efforts by the Japanese it seems like they knew full well where the radiation would end up.
just like the US knew pearl harbor was about to be attacked.

edit on 11/21/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Check out this controversial report on the entire disaster - pretty amazing... game-changer

www.jimstonefreelance.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't like this. Haven't left CA since the disaster in Japan.

top topics

join