It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create lethal,highly contagious birdflu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
WTF
Are these guys for real,what we arnt killing ourselves quick enough?

www.npr.org...

If the virus evolves to spread as easily between people as seasonal flu, however, it could cause a devastating global pandemic. So in an attempt to stay ahead of H5N1, scientists have been tweaking its genes in the lab to learn more about how this virus works, and what it is capable of.

Apparently they have already made it highly contagious between ferrets, i mean shouldnt they be working on cures for diseases instaed of trying to make things deadlier

"It's just a bad idea for scientists to turn a lethal virus into a lethal and highly contagious virus. And it's a second bad idea for them to publish how they did it so others can copy it,"

Personally i would lock people like these away from the rest of humanity

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
lmao, so they figured the best way to learn about this virus was to tinker with it's genes and make it worse? Hey why not slap AIDS and Hep C to it and not take any chances next time they disperse it over us all? I'm getting tired of their half-ass attempts to start a pandemic, if the job is worth doing, it's worth doing right.

edit on 21-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ha is it ironic that I AM LEGEND was on the telly last night here?

This after one of my lucid nightmares where I can't move and hounds are gnawing at me - much like the hell hounds in the movie?

Oh to live in a world where it's not miserable every day....

edit on 21/11/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It's too late now. Baxter has already got this info in their hot little hands, ready to unleash it on the world in ever-increasingly dangerous forms. They won't content themselves with some puny bird flu. Just wait to see what comes next. If ever a place needed total destruction, it's Baxter International.

It would be nice if a few others went down with them too. I think I have a list around here somewhere....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

haha yea, i hope you live in aus!!

im glad this stuff gets out (sources) cause "they" are responsible for alot of "outbreaks".
just sayin...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Why would someone create this monster if they had no intention of using it. These people should be thrown in jail for developing this.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i wonder which nwo leader will volunteer his country to be the testing ground. canada thanks to harper had sars.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I guess they need an effective deterrent for when the people come calling with the torches and the pitcnforks,tar and feathers .etc...etc..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i wonder which nwo leader will volunteer his country to be the testing ground. canada thanks to harper had sars.

You are so right - and guess where they started - the "new" land of milk and honey-- er-- oil and diamonds and water, ohmy.
Bass tards.

Construction on Int'l Vaccine Research Centre started in '07, and recently opened-- Harper cut the ribbon.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BilderApparently they have already made it highly contagious between ferrets, i mean shouldnt they be working on cures for diseases instaed of trying to make things deadlier

"It's just a bad idea for scientists to turn a lethal virus into a lethal and highly contagious virus. And it's a second bad idea for them to publish how they did it so others can copy it,"

Personally i would lock people like these away from the rest of humanity

Well, one of the first rules of troubleshooting is to reproduce the issue you are trying to fix, so I understand the methodology.. but I really don't trust these folks to be doing this.. *sigh* Humans are not always the brightest things.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

well, if "they go squirting" this stuff on the OWS, guess what....they get infected too....and they die too...as do their kids, wives, husbands, parents....God help us if this is what we need to wake up the cops that they are being used....and they can be crushed just like they are told to crush us.....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Maybe its a way to make the DRACO vaccine more acceptable.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

This reminds me of the book by Stephen King "The Stand" where a highly contagious flu created for bioweaponry infects one of the scientists at the base and he escapes leading to a pandemic that kills almost all humans except for selected "chosen" ones. Then the battle for good against evil begins.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I also understand they need to reproduce what they are trying to fix but in this case they are modifying it,making it far worse ,this borders on criminality and this sort of work should be banned immediately,just when you think they cant stoop any lower yet here we are

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arielmoon

In the novel The Stand it accidently got out and the lab had super versions of many diseases-accidents happen -look at the Killer Bees it was an accident in 1957 that released several queens and now they are in the U.S. -scientists do things just because they can they are going to kill us all

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by aprilc1

scientists do things just because they can they are going to kill us all

Scientists do things because corporations pay them to do things.

Like H5N1 bird flu - discovered in Scotland in the 50's, sent to a lab in Addlestone, disappeared along with the scientists who discovered it, then reappeared 50 years later in China - and destroyed Asia's poultry industry. Looks like corporate bioterrorism to me - perpetrated for market share and profit.

It's corporate industry who's killing us.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... ntist.html

This thread should get more attention. pretty scary stuff if it ever got out,beginning of the end.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

These people should be given the noble prize of stupidity...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I guess we are all alarmed by this.

Beggars believe as to why they would do this in the first place and then advertise this on National News Channels across the Globe.

Everyone keep your ears open for any new cases of bird flu. If it does happen then we will know who caused it in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join