It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The People Vs. Police State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The point of this thread is to figure out how the people of occupy can stand up to the riot police state.
Occupy wall street can not go on as it currently is.

Over the past few months Occupy has taken mass popularity around the world despite the fact of the ignorance and disinformation by the MSM. There are countless examples were peaceful protestors face an army of brainwashed thugs, the police.

Time and time again i see peaceful protesters turn to violence due to illegal and unnecessary violent police action. I watch as the police are out number by thousands crudely beat citizens while the crowd sits back and watch or just yell a few things like shame or cowards.

This happens pretty much every day. How long will it last. The movement is getting bigger and bigger. It is inevitable that it will keep growing due to our current economic situation. As more and more become homeless or lose jobs people will come to occupy.

Occupy barley focuses on its agenda to change as its also in a current situation, a war with the police. They cant stand to get there views out. The people continue to sit back as a crowd, even tho they could easily charge and take on the police when unwarranted arrests and beatings take place.

Its just going to get worse. So its time we start thinking about how were going to deal with this police state.
The people need to fight back. And i have a couple ideas how.

The people must stand and take there place against the riot police an here is how there going to do it.

- People need to make makeshift armor and shields. All those riot police have batons and we all know they like to use it.

-Gas masks are also a must do to the chemical warfare used by police. Also water solutions for those who do get gassed.
here is a great link on how to deal with police chemical warfare and create your own gas mask->occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com...

-Weaponry: What i stated above are defenses but the people need to take on the police. What better way then a flamethrower, think about it one person can stand and the front lines and with a couple sways with a flamethrower the front lines of police would be retreating back..... BUT this would cause much to many problems and besides the police are people too they just need to wake up.

We need non lethal tactics to offense the police.
-Paintball guns: great non lethal weapon, aim at riot shield masks to blind police with splatters of paint
-Big nets: the people throw big fish nets or something of the sort into the police and pull them back behind the protestors. The people are the ones taking prisoners now
-Aerial projectiles. We need people to take to the buildings and start throwing waterballons of paint, Vaseline something to slow down the police.
-Aerial view: i have already seen flying drones. We need someone in control of a whole Ariel view so we can keep on touch what the police plans are.

-take down the leaders. Capt Ray Lewis says it the police in the white shirts ->www.youtube.com...
Target the white shirts

The people must fight back..... please post any ideas that you have of how occupy can strengthen there defenses.

edit on 20-11-2011 by dankety because: spelling

edit on 20-11-2011 by dankety because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2011 by dankety because: add more info

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dankety

The people must stand and take there place agaisnt the riot police an here is how there going to do it.

How about not doing anything wrong to incite police action?

Probably to simple for you, I know, but not giving them a reason to do anything to you that you list above is all it takes.

edit on 20-11-2011 by supine because: edit long quote

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

excuse me. Do nothing to incite police action. What do you mean by that do not protest in a peaceful and legal manner. Your saying for the people to get rid of there first amendment cause it incites the police to react.

I'm disappointed at the amount of ignorance on this forum. I would believe the people of ATS to be more about civil liberty and change. It really surprised me that the topics on ATS have a fairly equal amount of views on each side, seeing that this is a conspiracy website and i would believe most people here are awaken and not sleepy sheep.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Police state? I was a punk kid and now im a mature adult and not once have I ever had problems with police. What the hell is is that some people do to cause the police to be so "brutal" anyway? These losers think they are better than everyone else and block roads, walkways, parks for others.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

how about you go to this thread ->www.abovetopsecret.com...

and ask your self why are police so brutal.

Or this -> www.youtube.com...

Watch this www.youtube.com... ***********************************

You are completely ignorant.........

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Star.

I couldn't agree more.

I've lived in this area for over 35+ years and have yet to see anybody shot on the spot execution style like what happens in a real police state. I think the last time I saw a cop in my area was in response to a drunk driver that slammed into the back of a UPS delivery truck 3 months ago.

I'm sure police brutality happens and those involved should be punished but this is far from a "police state"

Too much sensationalizing lately.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Rubber-Ducky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubber-Ducky

I don't know if you guys read my posts. But im focusing on occupy wall street and how the people can take the power back, not overall police brutality even tho that is giant problem in America.

And just because you have never witnessed police brutality doesnt mean its not there. www.copblock.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Count yourselves lucky that the police play nice over there.

Some countries youd end up severely beaten..shot (live ammunition no rubber bullets) ..ran over by tanks.. or whatever else they decided to do to restore order.
Youve no clue what life in a real police state is like. Be damn glad that its not that bad there and that they allow you to gather and protest.

You want sympathy thats in the dictionary between # and syphilis.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

The people must stand and take there place agaisnt the riot police an here is how there going to do it.

Probably to simple for you, I know, but not giving them a reason to do anything to you that you list above is all it takes

Like all those crazy, rowdy violence inciting students in this video?

www.youtube.com...

Yeah guys, if you're going to sit around peacefully, at least do it in front of a computer or tv!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

We are becoming a police state. Other countries have it worst sooooooo its not bad. Why do so many people stand down on this. It is blatantly wrong and illegal how are police force works in America and its sad that so many people ignore it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am torn here, because I am 100% Peaceful Action...yet at the same time it just does not right for thousands of people to sit back while a handful of police officers blatantly disregard human life and human rights.

My theory is:

We start passing out zip ties to protesters. If they witness a police officers (such as the one who sprayed peaceful students like they were cockroaches) then a few dozen guys can jump on him and hold him down (using only as much force as necessary) and handcuff him.

Human beings are aloud to defend ourselves, We don't even need a constitution to say we can. Luckily, however, we do have a constitution that says we can.

I know this idea is a long shot (because if you go after one officer, you're going to have to go after just about all of them because they are going to be after you.)

But hey, something has to happen.
Something IS going to happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Thank you for actively being a part of this topic, unlike everyone else who seems to criticize that there is nothing wrong in America and every other country is far worse.

The truth is America is far worst then any other country the people are just to stupid to realize it.

Zip ties would be a useful way if the citizens would use brute force, target out the officer who steps out of line.. charge threw the police take him down and zip tie him. Citizens arrest.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

reply to post by supine

excuse me. Do nothing to incite police action. What do you mean by that do not protest in a peaceful and legal manner. Your saying for the people to get rid of there first amendment cause it incites the police to react.

There is no excuse....none at all for your thread telling people how to fight with the police. If you are using your first amendment rights and legally then you have nothing to worry about. If the police tell you to move, then move. If they tell you it isn't legal to camp somwhere, then don't camp there. Don't litter, poop on the ground, pan handle, or make off handed comments that have nothing to do with your issues. You are starting a fight before there even is one.

disappointed at the amount of ignorance on this forum. I would believe the people of ATS to be more about civil liberty and change. It really surprised me that the topics on ATS have a fairly equal amount of views on each side, seeing that this is a conspiracy website and i would believe most people here are awaken and not sleepy sheep.

Me too. Imagine somebody starting a thread in the lessons of rioting and then playing an innocent victim!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Probably to simple for you, I know, but not giving them a reason to do anything to you that you list above is all it takes.

Oh, Yeah. Good obedient citizens. Do everything the police men tell you to, regardless.

Wanna protest? Get a permit. WE tell YOU if and when you can protest and assemble and exercise your first amendment right. Can't get one, You're SOL. So long First Amendment.

Ok, so you don't need a permit, well, you can only protest between these hours and these places. And when we tell you to do something, you better do it.

Oh, ok, you got a permit? Ok, Get on the sidewalk. You're blocking pedestrian traffic. Keep moving. Don't loiter. Disperse. No? Disobey a "lawful" order. Pepper spray. Baton. Arrest.

What, you're sitting on the sidewalk and you won't get up? Disobey a "lawful" command. Pepper spray. You won't follow a "command?" Baton, spray, arrest.

One does NOT have to follow an order just because an officer gives it, and just because an officer gives an order does NOT make it lawful.

Don't give them a reason? Please.

They will find one or make one up. Whatever their bosses say.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Expat888

We are becoming a police state. Other countries have it worst sooooooo its not bad. Why do so many people stand down on this. It is blatantly wrong and illegal how are police force works in America and its sad that so many people ignore it.

I traveled recently from California into New Mexico through Arizona, Nevada then into Oregon and finally Washington state not once was I stopped and asked for my papers while crossing from state to state.

I think you need to look up the definition of what a true police state is.

OK I was stopped and asked for my drivers license and registration because I was speeding but even then the 300 pound doughnut smelling highway patrolmen didn't look as if he was working for the NWO.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Oh, Yeah. Good obedient citizens. Do everything the police men tell you to, regardless.

Wanna protest? Get a permit. WE tell YOU if and when you can protest and assemble and exercise your first amendment right. Can't get one, You're SOL. So long First Amendment.

Then get a permit for somewhere else.

Ok, so you don't need a permit, well, you can only protest between these hours and these places. And when we tell you to do something, you better do it.

Yep.

Oh, ok, you got a permit? Ok, Get on the sidewalk. You're blocking pedestrian traffic. Keep moving. Don't loiter. Disperse. No? Disobey a "lawful" order. Pepper spray. Baton. Arrest.

Yes, because if you block me as a pedestrian, you are taking away my rights, and this is exactly how I would expect for you to be treated. Get off the sidewalk. It wasn't built just for your protest.

What, you're sitting on the sidewalk and you won't get up? Disobey a "lawful" command. Pepper spray. You won't follow a "command?" Baton, spray, arrest.

It's called a sidewalk for a reason.

One does NOT have to follow an order just because an officer gives it, and just because an officer gives an order does NOT make it lawful.

Not unless one likes to spend time in jail.

Don't give them a reason? Please.

They will find one or make one up. Whatever their bosses say.

I don't have to give them a reason as long as you have your attitude. You are doing a fine job of it on your own.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dankety

I have to disagree, though I do understand where you are coming from.

Seeing the way peaceful protesters have been treated makes my blood boil. Same for most people, which is the key here.

As much as a part of me yearns to see people fighting back against such heavy-handed tactics, it is the fact that they remain peaceful which will turn the tide. Strength lies in numbers, not in shields or flamethrowers.

The more the police are seen to react violently to peaceful assemblies, the more that people everywhere will begin to say, "Wait, what is going on here? Why are they beating and spraying peaceful protesters?" Even those who disagree with the protests will become angry with the reactions of the police.

And the police themselves? It will not be long before they begin to wonder why they are being ordered to harm peaceful people, and start to question those orders or even refuse to comply. At that point, the tide will turn.

You go out there and start blasting flamethrowers and whatever else you are suggesting, you will only serve to justify these heavy-handed tactics in the eyes of the majority, which will bring the entire movement to a swift and bloody end. Stay peaceful, it is the only way to succeed (as hard as that is for me to say, as I am certainly not a pacifist).
edit on 20-11-2011 by VariableConstant because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dankety

Peaceful protests?

You mean all those people using illegal drugs, having public sex, raping women, harassing children and honest workers, and taking craps on the street?

You know you're right...I don't see anything there that would incite police.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Like all those crazy, rowdy violence inciting students in this video?

www.youtube.com...

Yeah guys, if you're going to sit around peacefully, at least do it in front of a computer or tv!

So, you are saying all protesters are perfect?

Would you like for me to find you videos of protesters that get outa control?

We could do this all night, or well into next year if you like.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You mean shut your mouth, watch your tv and be a good sheep ? If sitting peacefully with no weapons asking for justice, jobs, peace or whatsoever non violent claim is " something wrong to incite police action "

you are :

A cop yourself

or

A person who REALLY need updated informations, keep reading ATS, its good for what you have.

OP,

I share your views and im aslo as much outraged by the police acts and think they deserve a solid kick in the face but :

Do you really think the police will stick to the rubber rounds and tear gas if the people do what you said ?
They already want so bad to shoot us with real rounds, you give them the perfect excuse.

Expat888 said " Count yourselves lucky that the police play nice over there. " and he's right.

What's the next move ? since the police now have guns, should rioters must have guns too and start a firefight ?

This scenario is called civil war, and its pretty ugly.

I understand your idea but its not a viable solution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join