It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Read Article About What is Really Going on in Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Great thread, and great article as well. This is exactly what happened in Libya, and people were wondering why, if Gaddafi was so bad, were his people rising up against him...I thought it was obvious. Because most people aren't extremist lunatics, even in the Middle East and Africa. Those people knew better than to stand up against the rebels, because they knew they had the support of the West.

So Syria is just part 2. Those who are funding the rebellion know what they need to do, as they are experts at it by now.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

POST UR SOURCES!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Welcome to the Project for the New American Century

Oh hey there General Wesley Clark, what was that you said?
Oh this was all laid out over a decade ago?
All of these wars were planned??

War in Sudan 2003

The Darfur Conflict[14][15] was a guerrilla conflict or civil war centered on the Darfur region of Sudan. It began in February 2003 when the Sudan Liberation Movement/Army (SLM/A) and Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) groups in Darfur took up arms, accusing the Sudanese government of oppressing non-Arab Sudanese in favor of Sudanese Arabs.

Everyone is blamed except guess who?

There are various estimates on the number of human casualties, ranging from under twenty thousand to several hundred thousand dead, from either direct combat or starvation and disease inflicted by the conflict. There have also been mass displacements and coercive migrations, forcing millions into refugee camps or over the border and creating a large humanitarian crisis and is regarded by many as a genocide.

2006 Lebanon War

was a 34-day military conflict in Lebanon, northern Israel and the Israeli-occupied territories. The principal parties were Hezbollah paramilitary forces and the Israeli military. The conflict started on 12 July 2006, and continued until a United Nations-brokered ceasefire went into effect in the morning on 14 August 2006, though it formally ended on 8 September 2006 when Israel lifted its naval blockade of Lebanon.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
War in Somalia 2006 - present

The War in Somalia was an armed conflict involving largely Ethiopian and Somali Transitional Federal Government (TFG) forces and Somali troops from Puntland versus the Somali Islamist umbrella group, the Islamic Court Union (ICU), and other affiliated militias for control of the country. There is a clear connection between War in Somalia (2009–) and the War of 2006.

2011 Libyan War

fought between forces loyal to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi and those seeking to oust his government.[43][44] The war was preceded by protests in Benghazi beginning on 15 February 2011, which led to clashes with security forces that fired on the crowd.[45] The protests escalated into a rebellion that spread across the country,[46] with the forces opposing Gaddafi establishing an interim governing body, the National Transitional Council. On 16 September 2011, the National Transitional Council was recognised by the United Nations as the legal representative of Libya, replacing the Gaddafi government.

War in Iraq 2003-present

The Iraq War (or War in Iraq) began on March 20, 2003[49][50] with the invasion of Iraq by the United States under the administration of President George W. Bush and the United Kingdom under Prime Minister Tony Blair.[51] The war is also referred to as the Occupation of Iraq, the Second Gulf War, or Operation Iraqi Freedom by the US military.

War in Afghanistan 2001-present

The War in Afghanistan began on October 7, 2001,[34] as the armed forces of the United States of America, the United Kingdom and the Afghan United Front (Northern Alliance) launched Operation Enduring Freedom. The primary driver of the invasion was the September 11 attacks on the United States, with the stated goal of dismantling the Al-Qaeda terrorist organization and ending its use of Afghanistan as a base. The United States also said that it would remove the Taliban regime from power and create a viable democratic state. A decade into the war, the U.S. continues to battle a widespread Taliban insurgency, and the war has expanded into the tribal areas of neighboring Pakistan.[35]

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
2011 Syrian War (already started!)

The 2011 Syrian uprising is an ongoing internal conflict occurring in Syria. Protests started on 26 January 2011, and escalated into an uprising by 15 March 2011. The uprising is influenced by concurrent protests in the region, and has been described as "unprecedented."[33][34]

Let's not forget the Kyrgyzstan 2010 civil war

The clashes left some 300,000 people internally displaced and Uzbek leaders wanted the UN peacekeeping force to intervene because they did not trust the Kyrgyz forces any longer.[37] Another 100,000 refugees crossed the border into Uzbekistan.[38] Ethnic Uzbeks threatened to blow up an oil depot in Osh if they failed to get guarantees of protection.

Why would the Uzbeks threaten to blow up an oil depot?

The war just began, they want to close the US military base there in 2014, according to this nytimes article

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I just got started. I can lay out a handful more conflicts, but allow me to please take a quick break and go get a drink and something to eat. I will then proceed to dig up more wars that have occurred with US-NATO direct influences and interventions or provocations.

All of this since 9-11.

Can you believe this many wars have happened so quickly?
I can.
And I will lay out more. In good time friends, in good time.
edit on 20-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Maybe I will go make a thread about it instead? Since it is going off topic of this Syrian war thread.
Yes, a new thread is called for.
edit on 20-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
reply to post by Equidae

POST UR SOURCES!

A quick Google search shows a ton of articles, these are just a few:

www.youtube.com...

news.yahoo.com...

www.amnestyusa.org...

I also heard an NPR broadcast some time ago that played an interview with a Syrian woman who was kidnapped and raped in prisoner because they would not tell the Syrian police where her brother (an activist) was at.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The "Free Syria Army" is literally an army of militant extremists, many drawn not from Syria's military ranks, but from the Muslim Brotherhood, carrying heavy weapons back and forth over the Turkish and Lebanese borders, funded, supported, and armed by the United States, Israel, and Turkey.
This sounds exactly like the start of the Libya conflict. Didn't OldCorp (Bob Powell) tell us weeks ago that Syria would be next on the hit list? It's completely obvious what is happening here...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I have already made a thread it's one of my first threads on ATS I think :

I know Syria has it's own issues like Iran has it's own. But I think people should solve the problems for themselves.

Believe me , in Middle East , Information war is getting more complicated each day , and here live the nations who are ignorantly being fooled by Facebook and American MSM for Middle Eastern people.

'Syrian peaceful transition' comparing with 'Iranian peaceful transition'

People in Middle East are the most naive people on earth.

There is just one question for them to ask themselves :

Why is America making certain broadcast networks for the people on Middle East ? Why they aren't funding networks for Africa ?

The answer is always clear : Middle East has the biggest sources of Gas and Oil in the world. In Middle East they give birth to Israel.

Thank you for sending OP. It is some hope that the truth can be heard on some information sources in the world.

REGARDS
hmd from Iran.
edit on 21/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I have already made a thread it's one of my first threads on ATS I think :

I know Syria has it's own issues like Iran has it's own. But I think people should solve the problems for themselves.

Believe me , in Middle East , Information war is getting more complicated each day , and here live the nations who are ignorantly being fooled by Facebook and American MSM for Middle Eastern people.

'Syrian peaceful transition' comparing with 'Iranian peaceful transition'

People in Middle East are the most naive people on earth.

There is just one question for them to ask themselves :

Why is America making certain broadcast networks for the people on Middle East ? Why they aren't funding networks for Africa ?

The answer is always clear : Middle East has the biggest sources of Gas and Oil in the world. In Middle East they give birth to Israel.

Thank you for sending OP. It is some hope that the truth can be heard on some information sources in the world.

REGARDS
hmd from Iran.
edit on 21/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

What TV networks are provided by Americans to the Middle East?

What does Israel have to do with an oil conspiracy? And if the civil war in Syria is an American plot to get oil why haven't there been uprisings in Venezuela? It is much closer physically and culturally to America, and would be an obviously better target.

And I have a hunch that the OP's family has ties to Assad's government which would make a coup highly inconvenient.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

I meant American govt. The VOA + BBC was established one month before the whole green movement in Iran.

And if the civil war in Syria is an American plot to get oil why haven't there been uprisings in Venezuela?

I said it before :

In Middle East they give birth to Israel.

It is Israel which they want to support. + Syria is not wealthy on oil sources.

They are points and you can not mix them to get your own conclusion.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

And I have a hunch that the OP's family has ties to Assad's government which would make a coup highly inconvenient

I have ties to the Assad government?

You know too much and must be disposed of!

There is another member in this thread who claims to have ties to Syria, not sure if they mentioned the Assad regime though.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Equidae

And I have a hunch that the OP's family has ties to Assad's government which would make a coup highly inconvenient

I have ties to the Assad government?

You know too much and must be disposed of!

There is another member in this thread who claims to have ties to Syria, not sure if they mentioned the Assad regime though.

Oops, I'm sorry! I got your posts confused
I meant to refer to the individual who has family in Syria.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by Equidae

I meant American govt. The VOA + BBC was established one month before the whole green movement in Iran.

And if the civil war in Syria is an American plot to get oil why haven't there been uprisings in Venezuela?

I said it before :

In Middle East they give birth to Israel.

It is Israel which they want to support. + Syria is not wealthy on oil sources.

They are points and you can not mix them to get your own conclusion.

I have never watched VOA so I can't comment on that, but the BBC is one of the most impartial mainstream news sources I've seen.

In your earlier post you claimed that the Middle East is being targeted for oil, and it somehow has to do with Israel. What does supporting Israel have to do with Syria? It would make much more sense to start something in Palestine if you were wanting to 'protect' Israel. If America really wanted to control the Middle East, then using Israel as a platform is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard. It would make much more sense to support the Palestinians and then do some shady behind the scenes stuff like what we do with the Saudis.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by bacci0909

There is no doubt that the Syrians would like regime change, but this is the typical type of rebel uprising that TPTB use to install puppet regimes for various reasons.

No...the people of Syria DO NOT want regime change. President Bashar Assad has done a lot of reforms in that country and most of the population are very happy. What the Zionist media refuses to show you is the MASSIVE demonstrations in SUPPORT of President Assad.

That's utter crap. I dont support the "FSA" or the West s propaganda in support of them, but I know two Syrian Canadians who have spent time in Syria in the past year (one still cant get back out of the country) and both of them have very, very unkind words for Bashar and his killing of civilians.

The truth is obviously somewhere in between. Assad is no saint, neither are the protesters. The west lies when they portrey the entire protests mvement as peaceful, and Assad lies when he claims they are all 'terrorists'. Assad is a puppet of Russia, and he will have no problem killing his own to maintain power. The 'FSA" are armed and funded by the west, but their ranks are filled in with regular, everyday Syrians tired of Assad. It's just like Libya. Those who claim they are 'all' cia are as full of # as Assad.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Bump, because it is relevant to the situation and how so easily people forget that the rebel terrorists are being funded by US and Arab interests.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Always remember, both left, and especially those on the right side of the political divide here in the US; the US has the best propaganda machine this world has ever seen. Our propaganda machine makes the Nazi's look like pre-school teachings.

Most Americans, if they even follow this story, think the FSA is some freedom fighting force. This crap is being spoon fed to all that care about news and is the same BS that had the majority of Americans believe that we were in Iraq to liberate the Iraqis.

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha

Most Americans, if they even follow this story, think the FSA is some freedom fighting force. This crap is being spoon fed to all that care about news and is the same BS that had the majority of Americans believe that we were in Iraq to liberate the Iraqis.

Really? I dont know ANYONE who thinks that. Can you cite some examples from the msm implying the FSA are saintly angels?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join