It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg's office admits to arresting journalists for covering OWS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I will play devil's advocate here:

Are reporters allowed in the building while a fire is being fought?

My opinion:

RT.com has a misleading title on that story. The reporters were not arrested for covering the story. They were arrested for being there.

When I had my press credentials back in the '80's it was issued by the county sherrif's office and specifically stated on the card that I was permitted to cross all police and fire lines. I take that to mean I could be in the burning building as long as I was not interfering with police and firefighters working - though that would be foolhardy and they probably could remove me for safety reasons.

My press card was issued in California by Ventura County so was subject to their regulations but that card allowed me access to places where other people were not allowed. New York may have entirely different rules for the press in their domain but "being there" was was specifically what my press card entitled. I was with local television so that also permitted me to be there with video and audio recording equipment as well.

Hope that helps.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I will play devil's advocate here:

Are reporters allowed in the building while a fire is being fought?

My opinion:

RT.com has a misleading title on that story. The reporters were not arrested for covering the story. They were arrested for being there.
edit on 20-11-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

RT has a habbit of making wild claims, and misleading people from the truth of the matter.

RT is right up there with Sorcha Faal and Whatdoesitmean.com, should RT be read with the same consideration taken when reading from Sorcha Faal... Maybe people should be banned for posting RT articles on ATS as well
Ban 'Em All!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think Obama needs to put a no-fly zone over NY and start arming NYers so they can take back their government... right?

And not a big surprise from the most corrupt cops in all the US, the NYPD, following those unconstitutional orders.

Time to get some justice NYers... call for Bloomberg resignation RIGHT NOW. Occupy his butt if he doesn't.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Actually RT has been there from the Protests started, unlike the other so called news Organizations who suck up Obama's and all the other 1%'s butts. To state RT are guilty of sensationalizing news stories, that would be the same as saying that Fox News Never Tells Lies.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Actually RT has been there from the Protests started, unlike the other so called news Organizations who suck up Obama's and all the other 1%'s butts. To state RT are guilty of sensationalizing news stories, that would be the same as saying that Fox News Never Tells Lies.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

reply to post by gamesmaster63

Credentialed journalists are not immune to arrest.

Foreign diplomats are.

Actually, unless they are committing a crime; with the proper credentials, they are supposed to be immune to arrest.

Foreign diplomats are not immune to arrest, they are immune to prosecution for most crimes, not all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join