It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starlings form a flipping amazing dolphin in the dusky sky...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Once again im not sure where to post this but its a pretty amazing picture of a flock of srarlings forming the shape of a dolphin being chased by a killer whale,once again nature shows us how its done,I guess its up to a persons interpretation but as far as im concerned its another example of an amazing world that we should be focusing on to take the edge off all the other problems the world is facing,like a short time out,lol

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Hi Bilder,

I have starred and flagged you for your amazing and creative title!

And, yes, we should pay more attention to our beautiful planet.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
"Thanks for all the fishes" they chirped as they flew off into the horizon...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Its little things like this that remind us everything is one. Beautiful though

edit on 20-11-2011 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
That's quite amazing all the more so if they are actually recreating something they've seen during their migration.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
SENSATIONAL, the detail is amazing even water out the blow hole great pic

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Cant really say anything really..just WOW!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I find it incredible that a flock of nature's intelligent birds, has taken on the shapes of three of the ocean's most intelligent creatures.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Obviously Scotland is a hot bed of Starling activity....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Obviously this is a case of pareidolia.

When the brain sees something in a random pattern, it also tends to ignore the parts of the pattern which contradict the image which the brain is seeing. In this case, you'll see the blurry mass of starlings underneath the ''body'' and to the left of the ''flipper'', which do not fit into the image of a dolphin which the mind thinks that it's seeing.

A killer whale ?! LOL. It looks like a hand in a sock-puppet.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I hate it when you come along with your big words and logic. I was having a fantasy about starlings using dolphins as some type of animal land mark for their migrational journey across the seas

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Once again im not sure where to post this but its a pretty amazing picture of a flock of srarlings forming the shape of a dolphin being chased by a killer whale,once again nature shows us how its done,I guess its up to a persons interpretation but as far as im concerned its another example of an amazing world that we should be focusing on to take the edge off all the other problems the world is facing,like a short time out,lol

Way cool, really amazing!

Now for your bonus, post a pic of a school of dolphins in the shape of a starling!
Just kidding. But really I would not be surprised at this point if dolphins responded in kind.
Maybe the starlings were actually trying to warn a dolphin of impending danger by forming the sky picture,
that the dolphin could see like a billboard.

Oh just who knows, right?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I have experienced this a few times in Wales-not the dolphin shape,but millions of starlings making crazy vortex-like patterns in the sky.
They must have some incredible ability/communication system to be able to fly like that without bumping into one another.
Do they detect magnetic energy or something?
I think I read about migrating birds using the planet's magnetic field to navigate a way back?
They are beautiful to watch,but a word of warning-Sometimes they all seem to decide to "use the toilet" all at once.
I experienced that once,in a friends car thankfully-It sounded like a hail storm,and my buddy's car was literally resprayed white.
Very nasty.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I experienced that once,in a friends car thankfully-It sounded like a hail storm,and my buddy's car was literally resprayed white.

OMG, they do paint jobs too? These birds are amazing! Did they apply a primer first?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I wonder if a lot of birds together have the power to form a hive mind, kind of like cells in a human body. Interesting. At first I was skeptical, until I saw the photos... and now I know that there is definitely something going on. It was much more obvious than I thought it would be.

It reminds me of something I heard about whales using sound to transmit pictures from one another as a way of communication.
edit on 20-11-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Thanks for sharing.
Nature is the purest beauty of all.

PLPL

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Amateur photographer Paul McGreevy caught the mesmerising scene at sunset in Gretna Green, Scotland, this week. The 55-year-old self-employed gardener from Carlisle said the birds went on to form the shape of a squid, then an octopus, then another whale. The father of three added: ‘It wasn’t until I got my camera home and started putting the images on my computer that I saw all these shapes.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here is his "octupus" pic

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

They are great!
Question is are the birds actually mimicking shapes of other creatures,or is it an illusion?
When I have seen starling hoards they look more vortex like to me,but you do not see that in a single frame.
There are some good vids out there thou.
Like this one,almost like two beasts fighting in the sky:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There are thousands of starling all in flight, and someone just happened to take this shot of one, split-second random pattern which looks vaguely like a poorly proportioned, blurry dolphin being chased by an overgrown sock-puppet.

If the photo had been taken a split second earlier or later, then the pattern that the brain tries to make sense of would have been completely different.

Not to mention the fact that if someone had taken a shot at the exact same time, from a different angle or perspective, then this murmuration would have looked nothing like a dolphin being chased by a sock-puppet.

So, if anyone seriously thinks that these starlings were consciously trying to form a pattern of flight to look like a badly drawn, fuzzy dolphin, then please just use your noddle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join