It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS is History Repeating Itself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The images of the UC Davis student getting pepper sprayed gave me flashbacks to the pictures I saw about the 1960s civil rights movement in the US.

photo by charles moore

Huffpost - Woman in Portland pepper sprayed

Huffpost - 84 y.o. woman pepper sprayed

The pepper spray appears to be the new fire hose, and here is someone who agrees:
Pepper Spray is the New Fire Hose - Daily Kos blog

It's not just the pepper spraying, its the occupation of an area you aren't supposed to occupy. Much like the Black American protesters of the 50s-60s, the OWS protesters are occupying areas they haven't been approved to occupy.
from iconicphotos.wordpress.com

from ricecr0607.wikispaces.com

Blood in the streets of New York from RT.com

It's looks like a very ugly situation now, but one day we may look at the OWS photographs much as we look at those iconic photos of the Civil Rights movement in the US.

Recently, on other websites I've read comments posted about the OWS protesters blocking 'right of ways' and not moving 'when they were told to move' and thus they have brought this upon themselves.
Regarding that notion I have this to say:
Yes, they are taking personal responsibility for their actions, they can pretty much expect to be treated in this predictable fashion, with clubs, pepper spray and being arrested. Just as it was expected back in the 1960's, but they went ahead with the protest because it's just that important to them.

Protesting is nothing new and it's necessary for growth, but the only thing I can't figure out is what is the OWS end game? I pretty much understand the major areas they are protesting against, but what are they protesting for?
When does the protesting end? Does it ever end?
Thank you for your time,
-Slim

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AutomaticSlim

this is truly absurd and i can't believe the Fed is getting away with this. For those of you on this site that do not support the OWS movement then shame on you 100%. this is corruption at is finest and without the OWS movement, we wouldve never heard about this. take a quick 15 minutes and watch this youtube video because it will really open your eyes to the f-ed up world we live in. it is entitled DEAR TAXPAYER THE OWS MOVIE and is 15 minutes essentially watching the crooks of the Fed and the US Government lying to congress. It's also 15 minutes of straight CSPAN which no american in their right mind watches because they think its boring. If you do not support the movement please show respect and watch the short film because it relates to not only the movement, but to every single American that pays taxes (aka everyone)

www.youtube.com...

join