It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we have destoyed all the planets?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
OK, I've been pondering a question for a few years, but before I begin you must keep an open mind. So My question and theory is, we have 9 planets, out of all the planets none can properly sustain life as we know it today. With all the crap going on in the world today war, nuclear reactors,fission, etc. Could we have at many points in human history be descendants of past mistakes, and the other planets we see today are the remains of what man has done to the planet(s) or destroyed. The bible states God created man, heaven,and earth. and science dates the earth millions of years old,

Humans (known taxonomically as Homo sapiens,[3][4] Latin for "wise man" or "knowing man")[5] are the only living species in the Homo genus. Anatomically modern humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago, reaching full behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago.[6]

Could science and the bible be on to something? if in fact we destroyed the other planets how many years did it take for us to harvest everything that world to offer and the end result is what we see today. This could explain why we get millions of years old of core samples and only thousands of years old when we examine ancient bodies found today. This is not a fact just something I wondered about for years and tried to Google it but no luck.

Mods if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it

edit on 19-11-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Highly unlikely.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So back in the day each planet in our solar system had an earth-like atmosphere capable of sustaining human life... Ok fine.
But wait..... We then went on to screw things up on our home planet so badly we needed to relocate to the planet next door, rinsing and repeating this process 8 times?

I know history shows we (humans) rarely learn from our mistakes, but this is just too much!

Total nonsense but thank you anyway OP, the idea at least made me smile

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think it's likely that Mars used to be a lot like Earth. I doubt we came from there -- I think we would have had to evolve upwards again from simple lifeforms, and I doubt we'd even be considered the same (I think there would likely be so much differentiation).

Also, gas giants aren't so good for us to trek around on. And not in the habitable zone means not for us.
edit on 11/19/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Well said.

This theory 'could' be remotely plausible if it was said that some 'long extinct races' had previously inhabitted said planets, perhaps eons ago.

With the planets each having such different surface conditions etc I highly doubt that any one race could have survived on each of them, let alone hop to and fro

edit on 19/11/2011 by Tachalka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Mars or Venus would be the only planets that could make this possible.
Both are in the Goldilocks zone around the sun and are of a right size.

Every other planet is either to close/mercury or to far from the sun and none of them are hospitable or ever could have been for the life that is found on this planet.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You do realize 4/8 of our planets are made of gas.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mercury is too close to the sun

Venus has a dense atmosphere that would make it hard for a human to even walk on yet alone live. It's also extremely hot.

And mars, well I don't know

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

maybe you'll have fun with that site

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm glad some here are employing a bit of critical thinking so we have ruled out the 4 gas giant planets, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune as having no surface, not to mention cold, so lets examine a little closer the terrestrial planets.

Consensus is Mercury is too close to the sun, but does one realize that Mercury is almost in a tidal lock with the sun as well? This means that one would be in daytime, facing the sun, for over 58 and a half earth days in no atmosphere in 800ºF heat, and night for the same amount of time at -90ºF cold. 2 days on Mercury is 3 years on Mercury, imaging how long the work week would be.

Now Venus is even worse, at a constant day/night temperature hot enough to melt some metals like lead, the thick atmosphere keeps the surface temperature at around 900ºF year round, but that isn't the worst of it, the surface pressure from said atmosphere is 92 times the pressure at sea level on earth, this would be like being nearly 1,000 feet below the ocean, where nitrogen in your blood would explode.

Creatures who live at great depths do not have air in their bodies such as the swim bladders found in fish that live in more shallow waters. Without air in their bodies, the pressure problem is solved.
NOAA water pressures at depths.
Also your work week would be screwed up as a day on Venus is longer that its year, some 243 earth days long and it orbits the sun in 224.6 earth days.

Now Mars, has no magnetosphere to offer any protection from solar radiation and it is also colder than Antarctica with a tenuous atmosphere 100 times thinner than earth, would be like living in the ionosphere somewhere like over 120,000 feet above sea level, which one can't, and few pressurized aircraft can achieve in flight. Not ever really a very habitable place. And Pluto is at most 40K facing the sun and 10K on its shade side, which makes little difference if the day is only -390ºF at its warmest.

So critical thinking would suggest that earth is the only place it is taking mankind over a million years to try and destroy, and yet has not.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I doubt that we destroyed them but i think we passed them on our way!

I also think that there is a high possibility that our Grand- Grand Grand- Brothers (long time ago)
destroyed other Planets which are not in our Solar-System,
everything is depending on the definition!

When we believe a little bit from the Gilgamesh/ or Genesis Myth
it will be logical
(Gods created Human who look, think and do like them self)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Overexposure to the tanning bed can have serious health related effects, even his clothes are brown.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tachalka
So back in the day each planet in our solar system had an earth-like atmosphere capable of sustaining human life... Ok fine.
But wait..... We then went on to screw things up on our home planet so badly we needed to relocate to the planet next door, rinsing and repeating this process 8 times?

I know history shows we (humans) rarely learn from our mistakes, but this is just too much!

Total nonsense but thank you anyway OP, the idea at least made me smile

Peace

people found it funny when the Wright Brothers decided they were going to take flight.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
4 gas giant planets

perhaps one day our planet will be a gas giant? or perhaps it already has been?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
You do realize 4/8 of our planets are made of gas.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mercury is too close to the sun

Venus has a dense atmosphere that would make it hard for a human to even walk on yet alone live. It's also extremely hot.

And mars, well I don't know

en.wikipedia.org...

so little respect is given towards the relativity that motion has on the evolution of our planetary bodies... everything is in motion and adapting and becoming something it wasn't before. at one point in time we were just water... soon... we will be dirt or of some other type of form.... everything changes and yet everything is the same, depending on your stance towards this perspective

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We have 8 planets and 3 dwarf planets. I suppose theres a remote possability that humans may have came from one of these other planets but the only realistic options would be venus and mars.

Mars could of been habitable when it had a more substantial magnetic feild that would of protected its atmosphere and venus may have been habitable before it suffered a runaway green house effect.

but mercury would be way to close to the sun and the gas giants simply couldnt sustain complex life as we know it

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

Originally posted by Illustronic
4 gas giant planets

perhaps one day our planet will be a gas giant? or perhaps it already has been?

I don't think planets can't change from one type to another
www.sciencedaily.com...

Observations from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope show that gas giants either form within the first 10 million years of a sun-like star's life, or not at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think it is highly possible we once existed on Mars. Or at least a human-like being who's blood is now intermingled with ours did.
This is just a theory, but I'm glad to see someone else was having similar thoughts.

We'd never know for sure, seeing as much of our old written history was burned and edited. But as much as evolution makes sense, a part of it doesn't quite fit. I just don't think humans fit into Earth, her ecosystems, the other animals. We do not co-exist, we make room for ourselves. Scientifically, we are a parasite in our behavioral mannerisms..

Considering the amount of damage we have caused to this planet, and how fast we breed, and our intellect, it is quite possible we destroyed a previous planet (or multiple other planets) before coming here and starting over.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Al? Al Gore? Is that you?

Hey man, thanks for the Internet!

But, No, I don't think mankind could have destroyed the other planets.

For one thing, paleontologists seem pretty certain that our species has been evolving here, on this planet. Backward on the evolutionary path, prior humanity was as incapable of interplanetary travel as are cows... or bears and pigs.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Frira because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ancient man is traced back to a little lemur.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why are people on here saying Venus is habitable? It is nearly 1000 degrees Fahrenheit..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join