It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six-year-old charged with sexual assault

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The parents of a six-year-old American boy charged with sexual assault after being caught "playing doctor" are suing the prosecutors.
Their lawsuit, filed last week, accuses officials in Grant County, Wisconsin, of violating their own and their son's civil rights, the Chicago Tribune reports.
They are seeking US$12 million in damages.
The boy — who reportedly has a developmental disability — was charged with first-degree sexual assault last year.
He had been discovered playing doctor with a five-year-old girl and her brother by the girl's mother.
The lawsuit alleges the investigation was biased because the girl's father is a well-known political figure in the area.
The suit names a district attorney, a social worker and a former sheriff.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

Damn, starting at an early age, that's horrible.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Is this the Government gone nuts?
Who charges a six year old with sexual assault??
Didn't we all play a little "Doctors & Nurses" when we were young?

I didn't even think you could charge a six year old with ANY crime.
Surely you'd have to prove they knew what they were doing was wrong..

Big Brother surely is watching and active.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ha,
one of my moms favorite stories about me is finding me in the garage when I was 3 playing 'doctor' with a girl from down the street.

I had no idea I was a 'sexual offender.'

Sometimes I wonder if people have brains these days.
And sometimes I wonder if they have hearts.

Much love to all involved in this insanity.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
That's just ridiculous .'Playing doctor' when your a kid is pretty natural. Its Just innocent curiosity about opposite sex. I basically tried to have sex with a 'girlfriend' of mine when I was that age (well it was what we both thought sex was)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

edit on 19/11/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

The boy is handicap, this is no different then when i 5 or 6 year old pulls the trigger of a gun and kills someone, they knew no better.

To think that this is a sign of future sexual misconduct is one of your faults.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

He had been discovered playing doctor with a five-year-old girl and her brother by the girl's mother. The lawsuit alleges the investigation was biased because the girl's father is a well-known political figure in the area.

So I guess the father ignored the fact that the girl's brother, his son, was also there? How old was he? 6? 7? Maybe only 3? Did he get charged too?

Pure insanity, all kids play doctor, it's natural healthy curiousity. Parents don't like it happening, but sheesh, nobody should be getting arrested, THEY'RE FIVE YEAR OLDS!!!! :shk:

This was charges from last year, when he would have been only 5
Wow, just wow.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ha! I got sent to the principal's office in kindergarden for playing doctor. Good thing they didn't call the cops on us!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I hope they get double what they are asking for. It is a dangerous game lableling our baby boys as sexual offenders. As the mother of a boy this infuriates me.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The whole thing is ridiculous, the fact the child was charged and the fact the parents are suing for $12 million. Has the whole world lost their damn minds?!? I still play doctor,(when my girlfriend lets me), because I'm still trying to figure out the female anatomy. Man people need to lighten up!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i remember the 'playing doctor game'.
i'm not sure if i'm supposed to be upset, not affected or maybe the vatican will be recuiting this kid in a few years.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

I dont think that filing a counter lawsuit towards the sheriff and prosecuting attorney for 12 million is outragous. Its the only that will prevent such a BS lawsuit like the one towards the boy will happen again.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No other country will charge a child under the age of 10 for anything except USA.

The kids were mucking around, no harm done, all go home. Finish.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We don't know the whole story and while generally playing doctor is perfectly normal, kids can be molested by other kids when they are at that age and can be coerced into playing games like doctor when they don't want to. That said, you can't charge a 6 year old for sexual assault if indeed he was acting in a coercive way and forcing her to play doctor with him. You send him to a therapist, not to jail. And if it was a normal and consenting game of playing doctor, then this entire issue is complete nonsense.... people have become so accustomed to obeying the letter of the law that they forget how to think critically about different situations with different human beings and try to apply one law to hundreds of thousands of different instances. This entire thing is idiotic in my opinion. The father of the girl should be charged with wasting the court's time and this should have been settled privately between the parents of both children.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So when my 7 year old son was 2 & went around grabbing women's boobies & saying "weekweek", I guess he shoulda been charged?! Granted I was NEVER able to bring him to the beach
...Absolutely ridiculous!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Idiots are in charge of everything..disturbing to parents that are uptight and religious. Normal healthy parents know it is more normal then having no curiosity. Absurd.

Here is the entire case from May 2011
host.madison.com...
edit on 19-11-2011 by outandopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hmm I suspect he will have a hard battle in front of him, the system is rigged....

A prosecutor manufactures evidence in order to win a conviction. After the convicted serves 25 years in prison, exculpatory evidence pointing to another perpetrator surfaces. The convicted is released. Should he be able to sue the prosecutor who concocted the false evidence used to convict him?

In Imbler, the Supreme Court determined that a prosecutor who knowingly uses false testimony and withholds exculpatory evidence is immune from damages, even in cases where his misdeeds result in a wrongful conviction. The Court determined that subjecting prosecutors to the possibility of such suits would affect their judgment in determining what cases to bring. In another case involving a falsely convicted man attempting to bring a lawsuit, the Court extended absolute immunity to include district attorneys who poorly supervise their subordinates.

Hrvol and Richter contend that prosecutorial immunity gives government officials the right to coerce witnesses to lie, withhold evidence pointing to a suspect's innocence, and work with police to manufacture false evidence of guilt, then use that evidence to win false convictions that send two men to prison for 25 years. Their motivation for making this argument is obvious; they'd rather not pay for their misconduct. But they're supported in amicus briefs filed by the U.S. Solicitor General, the National District Attorneys Association, and the attorneys general of 27 states and the District of Columbia. Notably, Cook County, Illinois, home to a number of wrongful convictions, also filed its own brief in support of the prosecutors.
Source

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

Thanks for the link..

Here's what the DA said, un fricken believable.

They said authorities even raised the prospect that the boy be evaluated as a potential sexual predator and suggested he not be allowed to have any unsupervised contact with children.

Oh and the article even states there is doubt as to whether the boy penetrated with anything..
That coming from the girl involved, but the mother disputes it..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow.
This country just gets worse every day.
This is an absolute embarrassed and makes me ashamed to be an american.

<<   2  3 >>

join