It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMC Buys Thunderstruck, UFO TV Show, Syfy Upset :-)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Going as far to call AMC "The Walking Dead Network," Syfy apparently lost another bid on another sci-fi show, you know the shows, they are supposed to be buying?

This time it's called Thunderstruck and its about, "Powerful and enigmatic entities that begin appearing all over the world. After one shows up in the town of Great Falls, Montana, the local citizens must grapple with the dramatic effects and growing mystery of repeated visitations."

Cool concept that ATSers can appreciate. A little V, a little Roswell a probably darker like Fringe

blastr.com...

edit on 19-11-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
SyFy jumped the shark when they actually defended their airing of wrestling and cancelling actual sci-fi shows in order to make room for MORE wrestling. About once a year they get a decent science fiction movie on, but they have been nothing but crap for 90% of the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I f#*king love the walking dead. Favorite show by far.

That Is all.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sounds slightly Twin Peak-sy...I sure hope so anyways.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
SyFy died when they dident renew Caprica imho
edit on 19-11-2011 by michaelmcclen because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
They've been nothing but trash ever since they became the Syfy channel, they did this to themselves..........

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
They've been nothing but trash ever since they became the Syfy channel, they did this to themselves..........

I definitely agree when Eureka ends what will they have left? A few B rated movies?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I so agree. When I found out about Syfy I was like got to get cable got to get cable, but then it went downhill quickly by adding wrestling. How is this science fiction?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sounds awesome, I've never actually watched AMC channel. I guess this gives me a reason to!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've been ticked off at Skiffy(aka Scifi Channel aka Syfy
) since they cancelled Farscape(excellent show imho and giving us two-parter movie didn't quite make up for the season five that was promised).
Ahem.. anyway-

Good for AMC! Will be interested to see the show when it airs..

And hey, Charlize Theron.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

If you haven't seen The Walking Dead, you're missing a great show.

Can't believe SyFy went downhill so fast.
They also have Warehouse 13 though too, and that's another decent show of theirs. Wrestling though? What were they thinking? Some of the B movies are kind of a guilty pleasure though...a girlfight between Tiffany and Debbie Gibson? Hell yeah!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Looking forward to this. If it's half as good as TWD and BSG, it will be a hit! SyFy is a joke. They cancelled Farscape, Lexx, I-Man, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, and Caprica. They then slowly phased in wrestling, lame ghost fakers, and a COOKING show!!! No thanks. About the ONLY thing that interests me on that channel is Destination Truth, but more for the comedy side of it, and how Josh always seems to rent bad vehicles.

I have emailed and written SyFy and when they cancelled SGA, that was it. I haven't watched the channel since, not even for Destination Truth. Wrestling? Really? Well, I guess it does involve some "physics" (science) and it is definitely "fiction". So, why not? HA!

new topics

top topics

join