It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Universe a thinking Mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think the double slit experiment says YES!

Think about the double slit experiment. When a photon goes through one slit it behaves like a particle. When you add another slit it behaves like a wave. When you measure which slit it goes back to behaving like a particle.

Why does adding one slit cause the photon to behave like a wave? It's like the photon knows it has been presented with a second probability. This corresponds to the human mind.

I decided to play a game. The game was pick the pennies up on my bed. When I started the game there was one penny on my bed so I only had one choice. This is like the photon that goes through one slit. It's presented with one choice and it behaves like a particle.

I then added a second penny onto my bed. Now my mind went into a state of superposition. I was presented with a second probability. I could pick up the penny on the right or pick up the penny on the left. This is like the photon being presented with a second slit or a second probability.

I then picked up one of the pennies and now I have a measured event and superposition is gone. This is what happens when you measure which path the photon took with a detector.

So when the photon is in a state of superposition, it's thinking. Information then forces a choice to be made.Information restricts choice. My choice was restricted to the information about the two pennies on the bed. The choice of the photon is restricted by the two slits.

So the choices we make our restricted to the information that's presented to a quantum or classical mind. Therefore the only way to explain the double slit experiment is in the context of a mind.

Say I have a taste for a Hostess pie. I want Lemon more than Cherry or Apple. I walk to the store and there out of Lemon and they only have Cherry and Apple pie. My choice is now restricted by the information that they only have Cherry and Apple pies. If I buy an Apple pie then that becomes a measured event.

This is what's happening on a quantum level. When a photon or a human mind is faced with probable events, then a wave of probability is formed. This is THINKING. When a photon or a human mind makes a choice based on the information that's presented to us then a measurement occurs.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Maybe the universe is your mind...
;-)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Maybe the universe is your mind...
;-)

Exactly!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Excellent Post Matrix,

I completely agree with your theory and myself have often thought of this premise. To truly understand the sheer vastness of the black of space is almost impossible for a human human mind, but you paint a very simple picture using your "pennies on a bed" scenario. Keep the good posts coming! Cheers!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Agreed! I've been having simlier thoughts recently and you have managed to write it down and have it still make sense!!

Nice job indeed

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
No, it’s a mind but it doesn’t think. It’s experiencing an eternal orgasm.

The question is, Who is stimulating it?

And How?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Nothing is everything, But Everything is not nothing.

I know only 7: Laws of Universe, (57.76:57;76)

!)Law of Mentalism
“THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental.”
This law states that everything in the visible Universe is part of “The All.” What “The All” is, nobody can really tell because language is not good enough to describe it, but it is considered universal, infinite, and living. Just think of it as one infinitesimally huge blob of mind. Hey, I like the sound of that… BLOB. Let’s change the spelling to heighten the effect. BLOOOOOOOOOOOBBB!!! There, that’s better. Anyway, if you are to compare your mind to “The All,” you’ll realize that you are no more than just a tiny speck of whatever (like an ant’s booger or something to that effect).

Now, The All created the entire universe, so everything in it is subject to its laws. Everything has function, everything has purpose, and everything has reason in the mind of The All, but it may seem just too complex for any individual to grasp. However, if you can tune in to the mind of “The All,” you will be able to understand the secret nature of energy, power, and matter which is truly maaaaaaag…nificent!

&)Law of Gender
“Gender is in everything; everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on all planes.”

^)Law of Cause and Effect
“Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law.”

%)Law of Rhythm
“Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates.”

$)Law of Polarity
“Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.”

#)Law of Vibration
“Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates.”

@)Law of Correspondence
“As above, so below; as below, so above.”

www.virtualsynapses.com... aws-in-hermetic.html

"Maybe our world is but one note upon the mind and played throughout making our life simply living within the fading of a soulful song one note, that which seeing cannot describe, nor listening can all be heard but in feeling can every note be understood in the songs sung to all composing one note, born a new from within, its own vibrations that make realization within it all, just a part of one immortal soulful song"- KHM

(11:11)
Which 1 thinks its The One and not a tenth of one (1.1) : (1;1) which point sees one way and winks the other making all the other 1s less then or negative to 1 since its looking one way or the other ( : ) = ( 0 ) - ( 0 ) between two Zeros/ 2 points that are looking for the point of a point never seeing 2 Zeros the same since 1 Point is always different ( . ] : [ ; )

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
No, it’s a mind but it doesn’t think. It’s experiencing an eternal orgasm.

The question is, Who is stimulating it?

And How?:
Maybe it was orgone energy:

wetgoddess.net...

Hanging over Brenner's childhood was his parents' interest in the pseudo-scientific theories of Wilhelm Reich, the notorious post-Freudian psychiatrist. Reich claimed to have discovered "orgone energy," a primordial force that was the origin of the sex drive, gravity and the aurora borealis, among other things. All human problems, including mental and physical illness, social pathologies and even droughts, were attributable to blockages of orgone energy in the individual, the society and the environment.

This isolated, cultic mentality led to an upbringing which was quite strange by 1950's standards. At an early age, Brenner was sexually molested by an "orgonomist" (orgone energy doctor) trained and certified by Reich to work with children. He is one of a group of several adults who have found each other through the Web and are now correlating their independent memories of childhood abuse by this pedophile. He plans to document this terrifying experience in a forthcoming autobiography, Growing Up In The Orgone Box.
Surely the one type of sexual energy that determines whether it rains or not and who has an orgasm must be helping the electron decide which of the two slits to go through, or can render it with a split personality so it can go through both slits at the same time.

The reason this isn't commonly known is because the US courts instituted a rare book burning and burned all of Reich's books mentioning this. He was probably so busy defending himself in court he didn't have time to explain how orgone energy explains the double slit experiment, but the ramifications of orgone energy have been explored further here: en.wikipedia.org... , see chapter 21.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If the universe is a "thinking mind", and we are a part of the universe then we are a part of that "thinking mind". If we are part of that thinking mind then why would we even have to ask the question?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Eve.

The worthy Bride made out of the "rib" of Adam.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

My goodness! I hadn’t even considered that possibility.

So love really is what makes the world go round.

edit on 19/11/11 by Astyanax because: I don’t want to get banned.

top topics

join