It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Power Outage in Oregon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Mysterious power outage in oregon here is the newsLink..

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - Widespread power outages were reported across the region over a 12-hour span Wednesday and Thursday. On Thursday morning, more than 5,000 customers were without power in Washington County. The bulk of the outages seemed to be located around the Beaverton Fred Meyer area.

here were also traffic delays due to signals out. On Wednesday, The Clark County Public Utility District says the power was knocked out to nearly 5,500 homes in Hazel Dell and Salmon Creek. Power was restored to most homes within a few hours. In the Portland metro area, nearly 2,000 customers were hit with power outages. Portland General Electric says 1,800 homes in Clackamas County lost power, along with another 200 in Portland.

There is no explanation why the power went out.. Strange.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

a friend of mine in the area said people were talking about a blue streak in the sky when it happened, anyone hear of this?

my friend still hasn't come to me with the cause for the power outage, still trying to investigate that one.
edit on 11/17/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There have been lots of weird things happening here in Oregon lately..

I did not hear about the blue streak in the sky.. was this right before the power went out?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 17-11-2011 by pavelivanov22 because: double

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So, there was no wind or anything?
I know the west coast of Canada was hit be a wind storm and knocked power out there, maybe the wind was south of there as well?

Where I am, in the middle of the country, the power usually goes out by someone taking out power lines with a tall truck, or hitting a power pole

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

No there is no wind here.. its really calm. Only thing recently was chem trials.. i made another post about it, maybe it has to do something with that "blue streak"

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm forced to wonder if they'll find a crispy copper scavenger somewhere.

Wouldn't be the first time, sadly.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hmm...that's odd. Right "up the street" from you here in Washington state there were huge wind storms with gusts up to 50 mph. Odd that it wasn't windy at all there.

edit on 17-11-2011 by tallcool1 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

a friend of mine in the area said people were talking about a blue streak in the sky when it happened, anyone hear of this?

blue or green could indicated a power transformer blowing, I've seen it a lot.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

this was her facebook post,

Sitting in a town that is completely blacked out. People are describing a large blue flash that streaked across the sky as everything went out. Ufo or blown transformer?

i can't really comment any further as i'm not in that area currently and until she would respond to me i have nothing else to say i guess, but i thought i'd share on the topic

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, I live in Portland and we had a very windy and rainy day yesterday. A tree probably fell into a power line, or a line sagged to far and shorted out.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I did some looking around and could not find a specific reason for the Oregon power outages either. I am wondering....could the outages be due to tree cutting?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
reply to post by snowspirit

No there is no wind here.. its really calm. Only thing recently was chem trials.. i made another post about it, maybe it has to do something with that "blue streak"

Really? I am down in the Corvallis area, and into late last night the wind was really blowing, in addition to it being pouring down rain too. I was thinking that power being knocked out made sense, but of course we are separated by about 80 miles.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Is the outage starnge because no one knocked on your door or telephoned you personally.

There is something strange coming on our our planet. It's paranoia !

top topics

join