It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with "Israel" tattoo on his neck arrested in White House shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

November 17, 2011 - 09:37 AMT PanARMENIAN.Net - A man arrested in an alleged shooting near the White House has "Israel" tattooed on his neck. According to JTA, in a Nov. 12 web posting, the U.S. Park Police say they are seeking Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, 21, in the Nov. 11 shooting in the 1600 block of Constitution Avenue in Washington, between the White House and the Washington Monument. Pennsylvania State police on Wednesday, November 16, arrested Ortega-Hernandez, whom they said may be mentally ill.

Police reportedly have asked demonstrators with the Occupy Wall Street movement encamped nearby if they have seen Ortega among them.

Source

Well look at that. That mentally ill "owser" who took some shots at the whitehouse has Israel Tattooed on his neck. Oh, and note the second quote, police asked the protesters if they had seen him in their camps.

quite a different tale compared to the other thread about this story, you know, the one trying to lame blame for this squarely on OWS.

Any thoughts on the "Israel" tattoo? think he could be upset at Obama's perceived "throwing Israel under the bus" policies?
edit on 17-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The tatto means nothing , His lack of organization much like OWS , and lack of any sort of judgement shows he is off his rocker.

Nothing more to see into it , then a lone ranger gone loco , and trying to cause a scene. He failed. , Obama wasn't even home .

The tatto's movements , really don't mean much . Its not hard for anyone to say i am israeli and part of the ows , its holds no water with me.

Im not really a fan of O.W.S , but won't credit this lune to them. Even though ows movement has turned up alot of loons :p

This guy was a tool , that just went loco. Nothing more nothing less.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't know that we can apply any rational explanation for this guy. He's clearly got mental issues.

However, he's shot at the White House.... there must be repercussions.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Honestly I think the whole 'mentally ill' thing kind of makes null and void any perceived reasons the guy had. What does it matter who he supported? He's crazy....crazy people don't generally make much sense.....they do things like randomly firing weapons at the White House with no apparent plan. I just don't see what it matters....he doesn't represent anyone but himself. This is a case of a genuine 'Lone Gunman' with psychiatric problems......why try to read anything into it, by examining his beliefs? (which I imagine made little sense to anyone but him anyway)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Probably a typo, it most likely reads "is real".

But regardless, he didn't get arrested for having the tattoo, he got arrested for shooting at the White House.
Nice try at deflection but he looks and probably smells like OWS.

I guess his idea of Occupy White House didn't turn out so well.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Israel is a name used for male sons in some parts of the world.

Is it confirmed if it is for the Country??

Non-story. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

whoa there!

how do you know he's mentally ill because the authorities said so?
you are ASSUMING

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The tattoo is nothing the real story here is how someone got close enough with a weapon to shoot the White House which means a abject failure of security there.

How did no one see a dude carrying a gun and Pennsylvania avenue is closed off to vehicle traffic thanks to security measure upgrades from the Oklahoma bombing,

edit on 17-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Who cares if he has tattoos, or what they are?

Really?

edit on 17-11-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nevermind.

I didn't realize he shot AT the WH. That makes a difference.
edit on 17-11-2011 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Nice try at deflection but he looks and probably smells like OWS.

Whoa now, I didn't write the article. The article says "Israel" as well as some other religious and non religious tattoos. Seeing as this is a conspiracy site, and Obama just "accidentally" leaked his disdain for the Prime Minister, I figured I'd be the first to ask.

I don't think it has anything to do with anything really, and until they release a statement, we will be left guessing at whatever nutjob reason this guy might have had.

Nice try with your little comment there, you accuse me of deflection, while yourself assuming he's affiliated with OWS because you don't like the looks of him.

Fascinating how logic functions for some of you.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The tattoo is nothing the real story here is how someone got close enough with a weapon to shoot the White House which means a abject failure of security there. How did no one see a dude carrying a gun and Pennsylvania avenue is closed off to vehicle traffic thanks to security measure upgrades from the Oklahoma bombing,

Well that depend on his motivations now doesn't it? Maybe the tattoo has everything to do with it, maybe it's merely a tattoo. Hell I have a bunch of Nintendo characters on my leg which are for the most part meaningless.

Anyways, I agree, how on earth did someone get close enough to actually HIT the whitehouse with a rifle? Isn't that area secured and on CCTV footage? I know I've seen various news reports from the gates showing what I assume to be secret service on the roof, possibly snipers.

How on earth did this guy get that close?

Than again, are you gonna run and tackle a dude packing an AK? I'm probably not.

Well since no one wants to play up the conspiracy angle on the tattoo (a valid discussion IMO) maybe we should question not only how this actually happened, but the timing.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I always view the "lone nut" solution with a grain of salt. wonder if he was reading catcher in the rye?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Why is having "Israel" tattooed on his neck, or any other part of his body, remotely relevant? If he had "I Love Barack!" on his neck, it still wouldn't be relevant.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

Ok then, lets say his tattoo read "Palestine" and he took a shot at the whitehouse, would THAT be a non story?

Again, i'm not saying it is, but this is a conspiracy site and all angles should be looked at.

I just find the timing peculiar as Obama just made those remarks, seems unwilling to attack Iran, and has made some statements and policy choices, that Israel doesn't seem to like.

Then almost on cue, some random mentally ill guy takes a few shots at the white house, which should basically be impossible.

and someone will inevitably bring up the notion that maybe this was timed and done to benefit Nobama some how? Maybe get some sympathy as "they totally tried to kill me and stuff".

Anyways, this guy as of yet has no connection to OWS and the police merely did their job by asking if anyone at the camps had seen him. that's standard procedure and doesn't link him to them, yet.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he indeed spent some time in the camp, but I suspect the media and police would be trumpeting it from the rooftops if they had even the flimsiest link between the shooting and OWS.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Why is having "Israel" tattooed on his neck, or any other part of his body, remotely relevant? If he had "I Love Barack!" on his neck, it still wouldn't be relevant.

Feel free to read any of the posts where I suggest why it could be relevant, this IS a conspiracy site remember

And actually I think it would be much more interesting if he DID have a I heart Obama tattoo. The guy is just as ill (apparently) as the Obama supporters at this point.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by GringoViejo

Ok then, lets say his tattoo read "Palestine" and he took a shot at the whitehouse, would THAT be a non story?

For me?
Yes. Non-Story.
Until verified, it is merely rumor or speculation.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The web posting describes Ortega-Hernandez, who is from Idaho, as 5 feet, 11 inches and 160 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair and with the following marks: "His right hand has a tattoo of three dots, he has a tattoo stating 'Ortega' on his upper back, a tattoo on his right chest of rosary beads and hands clasped in prayer, a tattoo of folded hands on left chest, and the words 'Israel' tattooed on left side of neck."

Photos of a bearded Ortega pictured outdoors and smiling, and showing his "Israel" tattoo in a flowery script, appear on the web posting. It is not clear how the police obtained the photos.

Still trying to find those photos.

So again, we've got a mentally disturbed individual with various religious tattoos, including "Israel", taking pot shots at the president who is currently viewed as no friend to Israel.

Sorry, just because Israel is taboo isn't going to make me ignore that possible motivation. and I don't see why you guys would get so out of shape for someone pointing it out. considering this is a single individual and his actions in no way represent Israel, it's citizens, or government and I'm not suggesting it does.

no, wait, I know exactly why.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez was arrested Wednesday by Pennsylvania State Police acting on a tip from the Secret Service. There are indications that Mr. Ortega-Hernandez felt he was part of a “personal mission from God,” the Associated Press reported, quoting investigative authorities. The AP also said there are signs the alleged shooter was obsessed with President Obama. The president and Mrs. Obama were on a trip outside Washington at the time of the shooting Friday night.

Source

Yeah, no possibly religious motive at all. Seriously guys, turn off the blinders at be objective.

Many questions about the incident remain, and federal officials continue to investigate. Shots were fired at the White House at about 9:30 p.m. Friday, from a car driving on Constitution Avenue, behind the executive mansion’s south lawn. Ortega-Hernandez’s car was found several blocks from the area where the shots were fired, and an assault-style weapon was found inside his vehicle. Authorities have not conclusively linked that weapon to rounds found at the White House.

Ahh, so we aren't even sure he is the shooter, and he fired from a moving car. Well that explains how he wasn't stopped I guess.

and they are saying they will be looking at security and probably doing some heavy revamping. From what this second article states, he was about at the range for his rifle anyway.

Ballistics shouldn't take too long as they recovered both bullets, so we'll probably know for sure if he was the shooter before they move him to DC.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

This is a case of a genuine 'Lone Gunman' with psychiatric problems......why try to read anything into it, by examining his beliefs? (which I imagine made little sense to anyone but him anyway)

Ahh but they authorities are looking at the same thing, he believed he was "on a mission from god", had several religious tattoos, and shot at the whitehouse, on his mission from god.

So yeah, examining his beliefs is valid, even though you shouldn't expect much rationality from it.

Again tho, ignoring the "mission from god" what evidence do we have that he is mentally ill?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

LOL. Exactly...

If that were the case tho, there would be so many duplicate threads.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join