It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MacGyver Survivor Challenge - Umbrella

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here are some interesting uses of badass umbrellas...from wikipedia

For protection against attackers
In March 2011 media outlets reveled that French president Nicolas Sarkozy has started using a £10,000 armor-plated umbrella to protect him from attackers. Para Pactum (Latin for “Prepare for peace”) is a Kevlar-coated device made by The Real Cherbourg. It will be carried by a member of Sarkozy’s security team.[28]

As a weapon of attack
In 1978 Bulgarian dissident writer Georgi Markov was killed in London by a dose of ricin injected via a modified umbrella. The KGB is widely believed to have developed a modified umbrella that could deliver a deadly pellet.

Anyone of these would make me happy
edit on 11/18/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/18/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

And let's not forget:

www.888knivesrus.com...=ohBBPK9F3l1oV6wRjtLxK2GdA/product/MI116/NOVELTY-116-SWORD-UMBRELLA.html

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Dude.. if this forum was more "real world" active, it would be awesome if people tried things with items like this and you started a series. List an item and then people post pictures of interesting ways to use it.

I think I could make a fishing pole/spear/trap out of an umbrella.. I kinda want to try it.
Also if the arms/wing supports whatever they are called (if there is a name it eludes me) could be used as a grill maybe.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join