It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Dust Coats Local Neighborhood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wonder what it was???

www.clickondetroit.com

Mystery Dust Coats Local Neighborhood
City Analyzes Pollution Monitoring Stations To Track Source

POSTED: 8:30 p.m. EDT September 1, 2004

Authorities are working to locate the source of a mysterious orange dust that covered a local neighborhood on Wednesday.

Residents in the area of Charles and Division streets, near Jefferson Avenue and Schaeffer, woke to find the substance on their homes and cars, Local 4 reported.

Residents Concerned About Substance Covering Homes
"When I was leaving for work at quarter after 6, I could see it in my headlight coming down like rain, a red dust material," said Dave Long, of River Rouge.

Residents in the industrial city told Local 4 they've seen dust before, but said the orange color was unusual.

"I'm thinking I'm being poisoned over here or something," said Rae Ray, who lives in the area.

City officials said a contractor is analyzing three pollution monitoring stations to try to determine the contents of the dust.

"They questioned witnesses, obtained samples and took photographs, tried to trace the path of it to determine whether or not it was airborne or the result of truck traffic," said River Rouge City Attorney David Bower.

River Rouge is 70 percent industrial and has frequently filed lawsuits against companies suspected of polluting, Local 4 reported.

Resident Debbie Laxton said she will keep her 4-year-old son indoors until she finds out more about the dust.

"It's scary. We wonder if it's toxic, if it's going to cause some type of permanent damage," Laxton said.

Local 4 learned that the orange color of the dust is often associated with iron products.

Officials hoped to know the contents and source of the substance by Wednesday night.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by valkeryie]

[edit on 9-3-2004 by Valhall] extra DIV

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Man Injured at Local Manufacturing Facility
City Analyzes Possible Environmental Hazzards

POSTED: 8:30 p.m. EDT September 1, 2004

In an unrelated story, Jimmy Wilson was hospitalized after accepting a dare from his co-workers to try and jam up a machine which processes puffed corn. He had recently visited a museum housing the world's largest Chee-toh and was challenged to duplicate the rogue snack by plugging the machine designed to puff and shape the inch long dough. The result was less than record-breaking. A cloud of processed cheese rose 300ft in the air, requiring the evacuation of the plant, and decontamination of surrounding property.

"Jimmy put his thumb into the exaust valve, and whammo!" exclaimed Hershel Dunwiddy, a foreman at the plant. "The poor guy didn't know what hit him."

Other employees were not as sympathetic. DeLana Schmidt, who was recently hired at the Fritoh-Lay Detroit facility, couldn't believe her luck. "I just started yesterday!" she cried, "and it was beautiful, so I left my windows open. I hope they pay me for the time it will take to clear that orange mess out of my floormats." Most employees agreed that they could never again eat a Chee-toh.

Authorities are investigating if safety proceedures were followed. No product was compromised, however Chee-toh's will not be made for several days as the site is cleaned. Charges have not yet been filed against Wilson, who remains in critical condition at Peninsula Memorial Hospital.

A Media Relations spokesperson at Fritoh-Lay declined to comment.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by RedBalloon]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Where did that story come from, Red, I can't find it on google.

Besides "Frito-Lay" is misspelled.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Where did that story come from, Red, I can't find it on google.

You're kidding, right?
It was from *cough cough*ws.com*cough* Yeah. From there.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I had a relative that worked @ one of these plants. The workers would p*& into the large mixing vats if they were to lazy to walk to the loo

Must add this was years ago...decades

[edit on 4-9-2004 by IntelRetard]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
I had a relative that worked @ one of these plants. The workers would p*& into the large mixing vats if they were to lazy to walk to the loo

I can only imagine... don't even like to think about it too much as I'm sure it happens ALL the time and we consume things like this every day. Just hope the cooking kills anything too nasty....

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Mystery Dust Test Results Revealed
Officials Identify Possible Source

POSTED: 8:07 pm EDT September 3, 2004
UPDATED: 9:38 pm EDT September 3, 2004
Preliminary test results were released Friday on the contents of an orange dust found outside homes and on cars in a River Rouge neighborhood, Local 4 reported.

A report from an environmental agency showed that the dust consisted of a variety of metals, including lead. The lead levels were reportedly below the amount considered to be hazardous.

www.clickondetroit.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I wonder long it will take to find out where it came from. If I saw red dust raining down I'd be freaked out. I would think it was the end of the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I couldn't find the thread just now, but I just saw this article and opened it-

I find it interesting that they found red dust because I live a few miles away and when I went outside Friday morning it was extremely foggy, but the fog had a reddish brown tint and it was a little harsher to breathe than normal fog would be, almost like walking into a smokey room.

I posted about it in a thread on Chemtrails last week.
I didn't know anything about this before, I wonder if this is connected.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I know it's kind of un-related, but I have a Cousin on the Mediterranean Island of Mallorca, Spain , and I was just there for my first time this past June/July, for 9 Days, it was weird, because the one night it rained, and when u wake up, u find everything covered in Dirt/Wet-Sand. Every so often, the storms happen to come from North Africa, and they carry Saharan sand with them, it's wild.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
that's awesome!

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I know it's kind of un-related, but I have a Cousin on the Mediterranean Island of Mallorca, Spain , and I was just there for my first time this past June/July, for 9 Days, it was weird, because the one night it rained, and when u wake up, u find everything covered in Dirt/Wet-Sand. Every so often, the storms happen to come from North Africa, and they carry Saharan sand with them, it's wild.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Uhmm... Hate to be the one to bring this up (not saying I believe it) but one of the signs of Planet X passing by earth is that red dust will fall

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
what would happen if it passes....i just think planet X is a super duper mega hyper giant block of ice....they even named it something already

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

they even named it something already

You mean Wyrmwood?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless
Uhmm... Hate to be the one to bring this up (not saying I believe it) but one of the signs of Planet X passing by earth is that red dust will fall

Uh oh, you better not tell Nancy or some puppys might die!

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
what would happen if it passes....i just think planet X is a super duper mega hyper giant block of ice....they even named it something already

It is supposed to pass. It wont collide with Earth (if its real that is)

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
For some reason my post showed up twice

Hopefully Planet X will end all this chaos

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Faceless]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
on the radio this morning they released a report that the dust came from an incinerator downriver.

I believe they said it was a sewage treatment plant... I definately remember the part that it was burnt up "sludge" aka- human feces and misc. debris.

that is so gross!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That wouldn't produce red dust though. Wouldn't it create a more brownish one and smell

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How did we go from one report that says "lead" to another that says "incinerated waste"? Seems those things would not necessarily be internchangable, no?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join