It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian art work reveals the truth...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
RELIGION

This is a 17th century fresco and is located
in the Svetishoveli Cathedral in Mtskheta, Georgia.
Note the two saucer shaped craft on either side of Christ.

"The Baptism of Christ"
A disk shaped object is shining beams of light down on
John the Baptist and Jesus - Painted in 1710
Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge

La Tebaide - 1460 - Red UFO
Academy of Florence

MARY

The Life Of Mary - 14th Century Tapestries

'The Magnificent' - Notre-Dame in Beaune, Burgandy

The above painting is by Carlo Crivelli (1430-1495) and is called
"The Annunciation with Saint Emidius" (1486) and hangs in the
National Gallery, London. A disk shaped object is shining a
pencil beam of light down into Mary's crown chakra.
A blow up of the object is next to the painting.

The above picture depicts Jesus and Mary on what appear to be lenticular clouds.
The painting is entitled "The Miracle of the Snow" and was painted by Masolino Da Panicale
(1383-1440) and hangs at the church of Santa Maria Maggiore, Florence, Italy.

These pictures create a lot of questions?!?!

Here is where I got them from

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've seen some of these paintings before. Really interesting to say the least.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Jesus is an aaaalllliiieeeennnnn.(Say to beat of Living with a Hernia By Weird Al)

HAHAHAHAHA!!! You all worship an alien!!!! HA!

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Uhmm... okay... I'll bite:

What truth are they supposed to be revealing?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ive seen these paintings. Pretty cool.

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Tetsuo-51]

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Again, a misunderstanding of the truth.

It is clearly evident that back then, just as there are flying fish, there were flying jellyfish. The beams of light were actually their long, stinging tentacles. They would float around on the updrafts, much like hawks, lower their tentacles and troll for those pesky believers. There is no evidence of them as the ones who weren't able to drift back over sea and landed on earth merely dried up and blew away.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ok the reason I posted this is because lately I have been seeing the world in a new light. A lot of it has to do with the many personalities that I met on this site. If there is one thing that I know now, that I didn�t know then, Is that the knowledge truly is power.

I saw a special on the history channel that was talking about Ufo�s in the Bible. I must admit that at first I was skeptical. But then a lot of what they were saying was making sense.

Put your selves in the shoes of an ancient person. You see an object come from the sky that is flying around and glowing and what not. You, being brought up in a society where religion rules everything and the earth is thought to be the center of the universe, will automatically think that these weird anomalies are signs from GOD.

The special from the history channel also quoted some bible verses that were at least to me UFO encounters. Here is one of them

Ezekiel 1:15 - 1:17

Now as I looked at the living creatures, behold, a wheel was on the earth beside each living creature with it four faces. 16 The appearances of the wheels and their and their workings was like the color of beryl, and four had the same likeness. The appearance of their workings was, as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel . 17 When they moved, they went toward any one of four directions; they did not turn aside when they went

the only way an ancient man can explain a the disc shaped UFO is by comparing it to a wheel. This may sound a little far fetched to a lot of you, but when you think about it so is a virgin birth.

I was raised Christian (Lutheran to be exact) and it was allways puzzling to me even as a little kid why Jesus was considered God. Well it makes sense especially when you look at that painting at Jesus�s baptism. I still love Jesus and believe in his message of love, kindness, forgiveness, and compassion however I can not believe that he is God. The Most High is the creator of all things, even the beings that have obviously had a lot of interaction with us humans. I just hope a lot of you will open your minds and hearts to what I have posted here. I did a lot of souls searching in theses past couple of months. I just hope that some of you out there can see where I�m coming from. I will end this by says that Knowledge is power and the truth will set you free. Peace yall

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I think that you might gain additional insights by studying art and religion (formally... not on the Internet. There's a lot of disinformation and misinformatoin on the Internet.)

I think they will open your eyes to a lot of things.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think I did say that I saw a special on the history channel that was talking about this and they showed a number of paintings that had "ufo's" in the back round. There are a number of ancient civilization that also show some link to outer space.

An ancient myan king (can't think of his name at the moment) had rocket ship carved on his tomb with fire comming out of the bottom. He had an image of himself in the ship in it also. I learned this in high school.

I think that you might gain additional insights by studying art and religion (formally... not on the Internet. There's a lot of disinformation and misinformatoin on the Internet.)

I think they will open your eyes to a lot of things.

So are you saying that the paintings that are posted above are false or doctered in some way.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
jesus and god are two in the same. god is an idea from jesus. the term god is used to decribe any all powerful entity. now let's look at it this way. the artists who painted these artworks thought that they were messengers or signs from god. is it possible that instead of a divine entity that god actually was a spaceman or something that god met?

is there any records of THE god before the time of jesus? i dunno if there is or not. but each ancient civilisation, egypt had ra, or aton, romans had zeus, greeks had their gods, and all of them resided in a heaven, or a land of the sky. do you think that meant that they actually came from space which would appear so far away as to actually be thought of as a heaven. hell it could've even been luna which inspired the idea of heaven, who knows? who cares. heaven isn't somewhere you go, it's your own mind, your own peace of heart. err. your own heart, and piece of mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So you think paintings from the middle ages and later are valid by the fact that people who lived hundreds of years later can pull a past life out of their "behind" and paint what really happend? Interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So you think paintings from the middle ages and later are valid by the fact that people who lived hundreds of years later can pull a past life out of their "behind" and paint what really happend? Interesting.

Well if that's the case the idea of the "trinity" was put together 700 years after the death of christ. The king james verison of the bible a 1000 years after the Death of christ.

What is intresting about these paintling is that these people had no concept of modern day "U.F.O's". So where did the idea of these disc like images come from!??!

Well if you study ancient writings from sumaria (which predates the Old Testement by a couple of 1000 years) you will see that they also talk about "gods" coming from the "heavens" and walking on the earth. So this means that these "gods" have been and still are interacting with "civilization"

One more thing if you read about the isrealites when they were wandering the desert didn't it say that they were guided at night by "light's in the sky".(if you want to I will look up the verse)

Well if you ask me there is a lot the the "average" person does not know about religion. Even the pope believes in U.F.O's. Mabey this is the big secret that these secret socities are hiding from us. Who know's?!?! What i do know is that religion has been misunderstood and we should look at it more openly rather than beign so closed minded( i.e my religion in right your religion is wrong)

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
jesus and god are two in the same. god is an idea from jesus. the term god is used to decribe any all powerful entity. now let's look at it this way. the artists who painted these artworks thought that they were messengers or signs from god. is it possible that instead of a divine entity that god actually was a spaceman or something that god met?

is there any records of THE god before the time of jesus? i dunno if there is or not. but each ancient civilisation, egypt had ra, or aton, romans had zeus, greeks had their gods, and all of them resided in a heaven, or a land of the sky. do you think that meant that they actually came from space which would appear so far away as to actually be thought of as a heaven. hell it could've even been luna which inspired the idea of heaven, who knows? who cares. heaven isn't somewhere you go, it's your own mind, your own peace of heart. err. your own heart, and piece of mind.

phoenix_cross your are right. We have come a long way from the days of ancient Rome and babylon, however so many people remain closed minded and accept what others tell them rather than going out and trying to figure it out on there own

AF1

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is a record of this GOD before Jesus. Just look at the Old Testament and the Jews. Who do you think Moses believed in?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

It is clearly evident that back then, just as there are flying fish, there were flying jellyfish. The beams of light were actually their long, stinging tentacles. They would float around on the updrafts, much like hawks, lower their tentacles and troll for those pesky believers. There is no evidence of them as the ones who weren't able to drift back over sea and landed on earth merely dried up and blew away.

I am definately a firm believer in flying jellyfish....Aliens pfft riiiight

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Maybe its just me. But this looks like PS has been done.

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by ModestMike]

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by ModestMike]

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
ok here's more

mabey it's a big mushroom? Doubt it... Mabey it's jesus in his crib with mary and some angels....Most likely

Two cave paintings dating back some 29,000 years ago

Aborigine cave paintings, possibly 5,000 years old

These photos depict figures found in Equador. Notice they appear to be wearing space suits. You can see a comparison photo with an Apollo astronaut.

This is a cave painting (c.2000 BC) found in Fergana, Oezbekistan. According to American Ufologist Bob Dean, he believes it shows a space suited astronaut holding a disc-shaped communication device. In the center of the drawing is a tiny figure with two antennae protruding from a helmet, standing beneath a UFO emitting a plume of smoke

~ UFO Coin, 1680 ~
French Medal apparently commemorating
a UFO sighting of a wheel like object in Renaissance France

Now back to Jesus

"The Crucifixion" hangs above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia ~ it was painted in 1350.
On either side of Jesus are a pair of Jetsons like skycars, one chasing the other ~ the pilots apparently working controls.
The leading craft is decorated with two twinkling stars, one reminiscent of national insignia on modern aircraft.

Mary

What are the strange, ethereal, almost surreal, objects floating above Mary's doorway?
Who is is peeking out from the doorway at the top of the alley stairs on the far left center?
Who is lying on the bed behind Mary ~ and why aren't the people in the street looking up?
What is the disturbance in the clouds, behind the UFO, exactly opposite the energy beam?

a closer look...

How about moses...

In this painting on wood drawer from furniture kept at the Earls D�Oltremond, in Belgium,
Moses is depicted receiving the tablets of the Ten Commandments, with "flaming horns."
Several equally flaming objects are in the sky before him ~ date and artist are unknown.

Photoshop?!?!?!?

[Edited on 15-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Please tell me your not serious

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
LOL! No, buddy, I was just joking around. I did feel I had a little creativity going on there, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   

LOL! No, buddy, I was just joking around. I did feel I had a little creativity going on there, though.

lol, you had me going too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join