It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Shooting Suspect Could Be Threat to Obama, Police Say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

DC Shooting Suspect Could Be Threat to Obama, Police Say

news.yahoo.com

Police believe the suspect, 21-year-old Oscar Ramiro Ortega of Idaho, is mentally ill. Ortega has an extensive record, ranging from domestic violence to drug charges. Sources say a police investigation has uncovered evidence suggesting Ortega has a fixation on the White House…
Authorities suspect Ortega has been in the area for weeks, coming back and forth to the Washington Mall. Before the shooting, he was detained by local police at an abandoned house. U.S. Park police say Ortega may have spe
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-11-2011 by Maxmars because: PLEASE USE THE ACTUAL SOURCE HEADLINE WHEN SUBMITTING BREAKING ALTERNATIVE NEWS THREADS

edit on 16-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yesterday I recalled a comment I had heard about OWS that it had devolved from a protest movement to a summer camp for homeless anarchists and, if accurate, this seems to confirm that.

It’s a universally understood truth that when you feed trolls like the OWS folks, it only encourages their bad behavior. Instead of forcing the OWS movement to respect local laws and established social norms, the NY politicians pressured and threatened Brookfield Properties, the owner of Zucotti park, when they were going to break the encampment. OWS has brought out the worst instincts of the fringes that now occupy it. Sure we have all heard about the sexual assaults, muggings, drug overdoses, and murders but taking a shot at the White House … just how far does this have to degenerate before the politicians and talking heads who are embracing OWS step back and say “maybe these people really are nuts”.

Ortega is symptomatic of a deeper more pervasive pathology that will define OWS unless the politicos and, more importantly, the participants don’t step up and expel the lunatic fringe that is defining the movement.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Likely and May Have are assumptions that the average zombie will accept as truth.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Nice try. So some random nutjob decides to shoot up the place and because he spent a few seconds at one of the numerous OWS camps suddenly that vilifies the lot of them?

By that rationale I blame all Americans for the illegal wars, all the suffering of the planet and the fact the world economy is going down the toilet. Let's get rid of America, problem solved eh!

See how that works?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Of course they'd chalk it up to the closest occupation to the incident. Because every nut job who does something to threaten the security of a govt official must have been at Occupy __________....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Ok the title of this article is : DC Shooting Suspect Could Be Threat to Obama, Police Say

A threat to the President.

But you change that into an OWS villlification thread.

Because parks police say he MAY HAVE spent time trying to blend in with OWS protesters.

Kind of makes it obvious what axe you have to grind.

The fact that you're so blatant about it speaks to your lack of integrity... and your expectation that others would not notice it... laughable at best.. insulting at worst.

You know what they say about obviousness?

It's obvious.

Derp

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Kind of makes it obvious what axe you have to grind.

The fact that you're so blatant about it speaks to your lack of integrity... and your expectation that others would not notice it... laughable at best.. insulting at worst.

You know what they say about obviousness?

It's obvious.

Yeah I gotta agree, if he's a paid shill then he's not doing a very good job. UNLESS of course they paid him to be obvious to draw attention away from other paid shill posters (of which there seem to be many here, having caught out a few red-handed myself).

OP - How much do they pay anyways? Is it worth it to sell your humanity?
edit on 16/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
OP - How much do they pay anyways? Is it worth it to sell your humanity?
edit on 16/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Quite handsomely, and yes, its worth it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Is this the guy they caught so quickly?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Thankyou for your honesty.

As much as you are trying to make it sound like a joke, unfortunately I think there is much truth to the matter - because I cannot see any other reason why somebody would pick a topic such as this and then try and make it out like it's the OWS protesters fault. You have a nefarious agenda mate, despite all of your joking about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Is this the guy they caught so quickly?

Well, he was a communist too, so there might be some connection.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Go to your local occupation, and find me a communist. If you can manage that, I'll give you $100.....

Never talked to a protester but you know all about the protest... you're the worst shill ever..

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I guess the World Workers Party doesnt count, huh?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
Too bad he missed, and too bad Nobama was't home!

These kinds of comments only serve as something for people who dislike Ron Paul to point out and say that we Ron Paul Supporters are crazy, racist ETC.

You are only hurting his chances of winning the nomination. Also you shouldn't wish that on anyone no matter how much you may dislike them.

This post of yours my friend was in poor taste.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Schlosser says police searched the Occupy D.C. encampment in McPherson Square after callers said they had seen a man matching Ortega's description, but the search turned up empty.

Ortega was stopped by police in Arlington for a field inquiry that Friday, but was released. Jackie Bensen reported police questioned and photographed the man, but did not have enough evidence to release him.
A warrant for Ortega's arrest was issued Friday night. Law enforcement has searched for Ortega in the Occupy DC camp at McPherson Square and throughout the region.

Love the headline, "may" have spent time at Occupy DC. Gee, why not say "may" have spent time at a gun show buying an AK-47 too, while your at it, and indict that whole crowd while your at it?

So they searched the Occupy DC camp and found nothing. He drove their in his own vehicle, so he is not without means. He stalked the DC area for a few days before opening fire. Witnesses reported the shots and police arrived in time to see him fleeing on foot, they recover his vehicle and an AK-47. No one can recall ever seeing him at the Occupy DC camp. A search of the camp does not turn up anything.

But that won't stop the idiocracy from blaming OWS for whatever this nut jobs issues are. Chances are when they trace the AK-47 they'll find what his connections are - be it militia, gun show loophole, Mexican cartel, Occupy (or TPM for that matter), etc.

Another sad attempt in the ongoing psy-op war against #OWS.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBeardRay

Yes it was. And as long as this so called POTUS is in office, it will continue to be so. When our country was founded and up until FDR, anyone attempting to do what he has done would have been hung for treason. I see no reason why that shouldn't be the case now.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
as the great Dr. Savage says "Liberalism is a mental disorder" I agree... Give them attention they will keep grabbing for it... Just like if you give a mouse a cookie!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Nice try. So some random nutjob decides to shoot up the place and because he spent a few seconds at one of the numerous OWS camps suddenly that vilifies the lot of them? By that rationale I blame all Americans for the illegal wars, all the suffering of the planet and the fact the world economy is going down the toilet. Let's get rid of America, problem solved eh! See how that works?

Doesn't it remind you of that nutjob tea party affiliated guy who posted some stuff on one of the Alex Jones sites then shot a cop or something? Wait, was it even the tea party? Bah I refuse to go to infowars to look like up, but this story reminds me of that one, guy wasn't really affiliated with whatever group they wanted to smear, including alex jones, but the media used a lot of maybe and might haves to try to link him.

Whatever, we get it, OWS is the demon satan from commie Hell, bankers getting tax payer dollars is good, go back to sleep, obey, consume, sleep.

Anyways, people should take a second and click the "view threads" button for the OP just read the titles of his recent threads, if you can't spot the agenda and disinfo, good luck to you in love and life.
edit on 16-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

and don't forget your flu shot.... sleep sheeple.. sleep..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join