It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collective Archive of Beautiful Ideas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The world is changing at an unprecedented rate. Everything is speeding up, and with it comes a rising level of instability. Fear and paranoia are taking hold in the minds and actions of many, and as a result short sighted decisions with long lasting consequences are being made by the powers that be. These decisions will not only affect us all, but also the world our children and their children will inherent.

Yet hope ever lives on. Kids living in the most abject poverty still smile and play and plan for when they’re older. The old man who plants the tree knowing he won’t be around to see it grow tall. You hear it in softly murmur in through moonlit forests and crashing in the waves of lonely beaches. And it flashes in the eyes and hearts of everyone who is willing to stand up for what they know to be right.

This thread is for anyone who wants to see the world become a better place. The idea just came to me when I read the post by xsheep and was deeply touched by the simple sentiment contained within.

There is only one infinite being, having infinite dreams of being infinite lives

"I am" every dream past, present and future.
I cannot die for I have never been born.

Wake up my beautiful dreamers and remember who you truly are

It’s a place to post your thoughts, dreams, poems, or any practical ideas for making the making the world of our children a better place. It can be an original thought, or those of another you hold dear.

To kick it off here’s a quote from my favorite painter-poet William Blake’s ‘Auguries of Innocence’:

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Beautiful idea! I applaud you!

First thing that came to mind is Theme from Time (performed by Sir Laurence Olivier).

Throughout the Universe there is order. In the movement of the planets…in nature… and in the functioning of the human mind.

A mind that is in its natural state of order is in harmony with the Universe, and such a mind is timeless.

Your life is an expression of your mind. You are a creator of your own Universe, for as a human being you are “free to will” whatever state of being you desire through the use of your thoughts and words.

There is great Power there. It can be a blessing or a curse. It’s entirely up to you, for the quality of your life is brought about by the quality of your thinking. Think about that.

Thoughts produce actions. See the pettiness and the envy and the greed and the fear and all the other attitudes that cause you pain and discomfort. Realize that the one thing you have absolute control over is your attitude.

See the effect that it has on those around you, for each life is linked to all Life and your words carry with them chain reactions like a stone that has been thrown into a pond.

If your thinking is in order, your words will flow directly from the heart, creating ripples of love. If you truly want to change your world, my friends, you must change your thinking.

Reason is your greatest tool. It creates an atmosphere of understanding which leads to caring which is Love.

Choose your words with care. Go forth….with Love.

Link to wording
edit on 16/11/2011 by shimmeringsilver73 because: Added link to wording

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
my response is really a bookmark I want to see how this thread grows you definitely are on the right track cant wait to see the responses of the brilliant minds here at ATS

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A place where everyone can get along.
A place where everyone sings the same song.
A place where peace is the main theme.
A place where there is no color scheme.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Things that make my world better on a daily basis, which would make the whole world better if universally accepted and implemented:

Love, when given, is unconditional.

Acceptance of mistakes as mistakes, not definitions.

Acceptance of differences.

Exploration of differences.

Importance of differences.

Learning how to evolve in thought and spirit and emotion.

Appreciation for nature.

Appreciation for life.

Appreciation for being alive.

Purposefully slowing down to experience the world.

Living to be happy, not to achieve material status.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Dream yourself into Oblivion.
Let your life reflect the fantasies that possess you.
Breathe an atmosphere of beauty and hope.
Love the fact that you aren’t real.
Love the fact that this is all that matters.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This initiative was brought to my attention by blazenresearcher. Its called the The Venus project and was started more than 35 years ago aimed at improving society with a global sustainable social design, and moving away from the resurce based economy we live in today.

This idea I see as quite poignant as essentially I am an optimist. In the future, food, shelter and anything else you may want will be free or relatively cheap (assuming money even still exists). And people will have a lot of time on their hands to do with exactly as they please. This will obviously put a lot of folk out of work, and I envisage quite a few teething pains as society re-adjusts to the economic and social implications of having a large world population with very little to do. But finally we will be free to do what we want, travel as we may, and generally pursue any interest that takes our hearts fancy.

The Venus Project recognises that and as well as championing the cause of sustainable living, it aims a dealing with the socio-political and economic consquences of waht a bright new future may bring.

As a fairly practical guy myself it sounds like something I'd love to visit, if not participate in sometime in the future....
edit on 16/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Peach Tree Wisdom:

Kung Fu Panda is jsut another mass marketed Hollywood production, designed to appeal of course to the widest possible spectrum of it's chosen target audience.

But I loved it. Not too long, funny and action packed. And it contains a few tiny snippets of Universal Truth. The following scene was my favourite and starts about a minute in. It concerns the nature of the time and our attitude towards it, acceptance of the circumstance one finds themselves in, and the correct frame of mind to deal with it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Get the kids reading Bucky.

Don't fight forces, use them.

-R. Buckminster Fuller

edit on 16-11-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Reject the ideas of civilization, especially the concept of material possesions.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I do agree, but the world's population is now too large not to have some form of to contain it. What we need is new ideas of civilization. Concentrations of human life in discrete pockets around the globe while world around us regenerates. Now I'm not advocating 'trapping' ourselves in self contained cities. More just clever ideas to reduce urban sprawl

Eventually the aim should be to responsibly reduce our population back to manageable levels.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Our outer world is a reflection of our inner world. Take care of our inner world and plant the seeds of goodness & love. All other things will fall into place.

This is a dream I had when I was in my mid teens and has very much colored my view of the nature of the universe:

I was a small boy walking down the beach. The sun had just set and a breeze gently ruffled my hair. It was a warm summer's night and I was enjoying the feeling water washing up over my toes. Looking ahead, I noticed that a small dark stone had been left behind by the retreating waves. I picked it up and began studying all the different grains across its dark surface. One particular grain caught my and and I began to look even closer still....

I could make out each molecule present within this grain, and in turn each atom within this molecule. One particular atom sparkeld with tiny pin pricks of light. I realised they were stars. Around one particular star I saw a number of planets, one of which was blue. Across the surface of this planet were continents, and on the edge of one was a beach. On this beach I began to make out a figure, and I saw it was was a small boy that looked very much like myself. The boy was looking at something. It was a smooth dark stone...

I looked around quickly to the stars above. And for the most fleeting of moments, I swear I saw a a face, my face, staring down at me from the heavens, before suddenly it turned away.

edit on 18/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I was only very young when this song first came out, and it still remains one of my favorites. Yet the world seems more chaotic than ever before.

Why is it so hard? Why do the agendas of just a few elite, an elite who will never see the horrors of war from the front line, who will never have to worry where their next meal is coming from, cause so much pain and misery for the rest.........?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The other day my baby girl celebrated being alive for one full rotation around the sun, aka her 1st birthday

This got me thinking. She has always been loved, cared for.......I am in a position where I can provide everything she could ever pssibly need. But there are millions of parents around the world who love their kids just as much as I do, but struggle just to provide there children with fresh water to drink.

Each tax paying American will by 2017 will have spent more than $7000 (simplified figure based off CBO report) supporting the 'War on Terror'. It is estimated that the shortfall per year to feed the worlds hunger is approximately $30 billion. Get the rest of the 1st world involved and you're probably looking at less than $300 a year each per tax payer to stop the hunger crisis for 1 year. $400 per year could probably setup systems to help these people be self sufficient in under a decade.

I know this is an extreme over-simplification of a very complex problem But is it really so hard? Sometimes you gotta ask yourself, have I really allowed myself to become so apathetic that I can't at least make some sort of push to ensure TPTB do something other than further this agenda of terror that is beginnig to grip the world? To try and make it a better place for the children, our future......?

I will admit that I have been as guilty as everyone else though....

What is it about humanity that we can get so fired up over stuff that really doesn't matter in the long run, but completely ignore those things that definitely should matter.

edit on 23/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
My beautiful idea came to me during meditation.

I was standing infront of some 'entity', seeing myself and the being in 3rd person. It was very tall (about 30ft), bright yellowish/white, and warm. I dont think it was God, I didnt get that vibe from it. But we spoke, but it was through words, it was more of speaking through feelings. You wouldnt think you could have a conversation through feelings but thats what happened. The basic gist was that the being told me that after this life I was done reincarnating on this plane and I could go on to the next level if I wished. The choice was mine wether to come back or not after this life. It was made very clear to me if I decided to come back and help, then my karma would be greatly raised. I told the entity that I will come back to help. It wasnt even a thought not to come back. I think it said I would be able to keep my memories this time though.

So heres the beautiful idea:
A few days after that meditation session I thought back to why is karma soooooo important in the next level.
And I figured it out. Karma is their currency!

So if your interested in finding out more about the Karma currency idea, feel free to visit the thread that is in my signiture.

~much love~

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I don't know that I believe in Karma. Otherwise, I've got some explaining to do to myself when I leave this body.

I just wanted to chime in and say that it is possible to hold a conversation using only emotion. You just have to be around someone who is tuned perfectly to you.

My contribution to this thread for the day, because I am in a jovial mood:

Don't take life so seriously, friends. Nobody makes it out alive.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
My beautiful idea came to me during meditation.

I was standing infront of some 'entity', seeing myself and the being in 3rd person. It was very tall (about 30ft), bright yellowish/white, and warm. I dont think it was God, I didnt get that vibe from it. But we spoke, but it was through words, it was more of speaking through feelings. You wouldnt think you could have a conversation through feelings but thats what happened. The basic gist was that the being told me that after this life I was done reincarnating on this plane and I could go on to the next level if I wished. The choice was mine wether to come back or not after this life. It was made very clear to me if I decided to come back and help, then my karma would be greatly raised. I told the entity that I will come back to help. It wasnt even a thought not to come back. I think it said I would be able to keep my memories this time though.

So heres the beautiful idea:
A few days after that meditation session I thought back to why is karma soooooo important in the next level.
And I figured it out. Karma is their currency!

So if your interested in finding out more about the Karma currency idea, feel free to visit the thread that is in my signiture.

~much love~

Sorry for the late reply, been kinda busy. Will definitely be checking out your thread though. I do envisage a money-less society eventually and karma would be a good substitute. Eventually when we are all vibrating high enough there will be so much good karma floating round that we will all be rich as kings. As long as we don't blow ourselves up along the way

But there is much merit in your suggestion. I'm not sure if you've ever read James Redfields Celestine Prophecies It is a little simplistic and has a cliche storyline (it is fiction) but the insights he talks about are a real eyeopener especially if you're a newbie to the new age thing (not suggesting you are of course).

But in the end chapters he talks about a world where all the mundane jobs are automated, and the currency that is exchanged is through insights given to us by various people whom we meet thorugh synchronistic 'coincidences'.

It is definitely worth a read if you haven't seen it before.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I don't know that I believe in Karma. Otherwise, I've got some explaining to do to myself when I leave this body.

I just wanted to chime in and say that it is possible to hold a conversation using only emotion. You just have to be around someone who is tuned perfectly to you.

My contribution to this thread for the day, because I am in a jovial mood:

This I can believe for if you are sensitive you can pick up on someones emotions even before you see them.

Don't take life so seriously, friends. Nobody makes it out alive.

Or maybe we make it out more alive than ever.....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If everyone can make one person to be happier just because the way they are.
It might good for a small step.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by maung

believe that i am a true exception that mean exclusively its post as individual one so admitting being nothing objectively, plz try to take all my posts from that sense bc it is true, dont get annoyed about what i say it is nothing but me very clearly in my head even if i sound loud a bit through some words it is just me to me among all which is always the objective right not me

this is the privilege of freedom right, that i always act intuitively of its sense when i mean anything to say or speak to others, while i got surprised always of the reaction how everyone seem totally stranger to it

freedom right is freedom out of all objective so nothing to it at all, it cant have any effect objectively, then u can say anything u want to say it is fine it has no consequence nor effect on anyone else
it is only when one mean to use others or using things so when one mean clearly to use objective existence for his existence justification pretense as superior one or positive else source that his freedom is constantly not right

freedom cannot b objective, therefore free conscious must respect the line between objective and itself, while knowing how to mean itself reality according to objective realities and for and having no problem in meaning smthg objective positively exclusively to its fact that do not include him in anything

freedom right is different totally of objective right and that is what would make i guess objective true
from its own positive absolute free right too to be existing independant fact

u know that reality surprise a lot of intelligent studies how it is free positive fact, this could b shown more clearly if all could respect truth orders
but it wont bc of evil powerful existence ruled by gods all of them and their lovers, but anyway im proving how im right to say anything i want

so all this boring rambling is meant for what im gonna say,

u dont realize how it looks ugly and wrong all ur preachings for compassions and love to do

even an individual sentence should know how to respect what is to objective and what is to itself right as being real through clearly

preaching what others intentions should do is willing that all b through lies, when only truth is what provide a sane existence environment constancies, truth really respect freedom wills of any conscious stand while noone seem willing to respect truth freedom not even the concept of truth rights existings

top topics

<<   2 >>

join