It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Is the internal dialogue of the mind pointless?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Actually I've had a complete change of heart regarding my first to posts.

Mental chatter is like I stated one's everyday thought processes brought into the conscious mind. I guess it can be equated with the ego and usually concerns day to day observations about situations one finds oneself in.

But your internal dialogue Can be something much deeper. It is a reflection of who you see yourself to be. It can be positive or negative and can also be a refelction of your ego in either case. But if you learn to operate at a higher level the ego's internal dialogue will be eplaced by that of the higher self. It can guide you through life and take you close to the path your soul orginally envisaged for you in this incarnation.

It is always there, whispering its thoughts and dreams about the true nature of your life. But the ego speaks much louder unless you learn to quieten it a little, and sometimes it can seem that the two are one and the same.

I guess when you awaken more you learn to differentiate more easily between the two.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
We would never grow or learn if we didn't have an internal dialogue.

Robots, at this time, cannot have an internal dialogue. They just respond to tasks given using a pre-programmed set of if/else/where/then statements and mathematical formulae.

We have an amazing ability to store experiences, examine them, and learn from them. Then, our internal dialogue evolves to account for what we have learned and we move forward, always changing.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Pointless to everyone else, but significant to me (see sig.)
been that way since kindergarten.....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It is not whether it is pointless or not, the question should be who are you talking to?
youtu.be...
And would it not be nice to have a bit of peace and quiet?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Mind is like a garden - you should concentrate on being the gardener, which means deciding what you will allow to grow there or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Who is the 'you' who is going to allow or not allow? Is it really possible to weed kill a thought? To eradicate it forever, to kill it. Which thoughts will this 'you' allow to grow? Good thoughts i suspect. But who is it that knows a good thought from a bad thought? Thoughts will arise regardless of whether they are wanted or not.
The more you do not want a thought the more it distresses you. Running from a thought is like running from yourself. How can you get away? This is the misery and suffering of life.
Life itself is beautiful. It is only the resistance to thoughts or the belief in thought that makes life painful.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join