It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel sad for ufology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
when i see charlatans like David Icke,Nassim Haramein (pseudo scientist) and Steven Greer talking about reptilians, crop circles and et messages from space in a new age documentary (made by an ex elite) like they are the masters of truth. They are just making fun of the whole subject making ridiculous claims.

Science says "Show me!"
If you make a claim, you are expected to demonstrate reputable results.Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.So far these disinfo agents havent.

will this ever stop? will we be really able to see the truth beyond the veil (not foster gamble's truth, i dont trust the guy, call it a gut feeling, a hunch, whatever)?
edit on 16-11-2011 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

You are bullbaiting us, aren't you?

Well, I suppose only time will tell who turns out to be better prepared for the future.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm assuming you're referring to the new THRIVE film just released and posted here? Made by a Proctor & Gamble family member? Well, that does bring up a red flag, but for those of us who are in total control of our own minds and hearts, we take from it what we can and discard the garbage. Can't get away from theoretical crap unfortunately.

I am not full of it or a shill, I've sought them out looking for employment as a shill but no responses yet. Times are hard and I could use the work.
I've seen one of their toys, the TR-3B type of craft does exist and seeing those will make you empathize with the whole UFO community.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I'm assuming you're referring to the new THRIVE film just released and posted here? Made by a Proctor & Gamble family member? Well, that does bring up a red flag, but for those of us who are in total control of our own minds and hearts, we take from it what we can and discard the garbage. Can't get away from theoretical crap unfortunately.

I am not full of it or a shill, I've sought them out looking for employment as a shill but no responses yet. Times are hard and I could use the work.
I've seen one of their toys, the TR-3B type of craft does exist and seeing those will make you empathize with the whole UFO community.

glad i'm not the only the one taking the info in the video with a grain of salt.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

For a start, of those only Greer could be considered a UFOlogist really so don't be so sad.

I have found tons of interesting info in Icke's and Greer's books. Lots of stuff I see as pure speculation too but I still like to hear what other people think as it broadens my mind.

It's so obvious when their writing becomes pure speculation that it won't hurt anyone to read all the facts in their work too. They can't all be as supremely intelligent as I am so if they're wrong sometimes that's OK with me.

If you're able, you can learn a lot, even from the mistakes of others.

P.S. Now we will get lots of people pretending I have said something I haven't. That's what normally happens if you suggest people broaden their thinking.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by Pimander

That's because humans are afraid to broaden their minds and are not willing to accept that something they think they know MIGHT not be totally correct. What is amazing to me is the number of people that actually think an opinion is a fact, when it is only a stance, their viewpoint, even scientists and so-called authorities of certain subjects are daily recanting or being proven wrong, yet there are Sheep that cling to every word they say as if it were God(s) saying these ideas and theories that are NEVER engraved in stone. I was taught way back when that Pluto was a planet. Now Pluto is no longer No. 9. Not that it matters to me ANYWAY, I always despised that runt planet from the start.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

For a start, of those only Greer could be considered a UFOlogist really so don't be so sad.

I have found tons of interesting info in Icke's and Greer's books. Lots of stuff I see as pure speculation too but I still like to hear what other people think as it broadens my mind.

It's so obvious when their writing becomes pure speculation that it won't hurt anyone to read all the facts in their work too. They can't all be as supremely intelligent as I am so if they're wrong sometimes that's OK with me.

P.S. Now we will get lots of people pretending I have said something I haven't. That's what normally happens if you suggest people broaden their thinking.

I wouldn't matter if they were the smartest people on Earth....which they are not....no Human really has a grasp on these things....even the people at the Agency whos job it is to handle all that it is E.T.

What some have called a coverup....other call a very important job. And lets face it. There are a large group of so called...RESEARCHERS...who see E.T. as a cause in every aspect of everything. This makes people who believe in E.T. but are afraid to say they do....because they maybe ridiculed....keep silent. This of course is what the Agency desires....but in this case....it is not the Agencies doing....but the vast amount of sensasionalizm on various TV networks and shows....that concentrates on FRINGE ELEMENTS of possible E.T. conections....real or not. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It's funny how some people will complain about the blind faith put into religion, and then they turn around and worship figures like those you mentioned. However they started, they are now in it for the money. They may say that they want to help and care about their followers, but at the end of the day that is their job.

There are some things in the realm of "out-there" that are acceptable in terms of belief, but some things are just too crazy and over the top. I believe reptilians to be one of them, lol. I swear if I see one more video of a "reptilian" that turns out to be nothing but pixelation, I am gonna...I don't know. Do nothing probably, but it still makes me mad.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I dont believe it is that straight forward to say just in it for the money.

They get known for having knowledge say by writing a book based on known evidence. Then they are faced with a crowd hungry for more information and answers and because the gov will not supply them all that pressure is focused on UFO Joe.

So he tries to please the mob with suspect evidence and strays and the mob hails him as the truth only to tear them down later when they are pushed/tempted to go to far into fantasy.

So in effect we make our own monsters.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
It's funny how some people will complain about the blind faith put into religion, and then they turn around and worship figures like those you mentioned.

Who worships them? Do you really know anyone who does? Who are these mythical worshippers?

I'd guess a lot of people believe some but not all of what they say. I'd also guess that most like to hear "outlandish" ideas precisely because it is blindingly obvious that something is very wrong and they want answers. I doubt they have any worshippers though.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Let's not be naive, it boils down to the money aspect, it always does. They wouldn't be doing it if it didn't pay off. If you had the chance to sell crap for good money, wouldn't you do it?

However, let's take Greer and Icke for instance, they certainly seem to bask in the attention they get. Greer is obviously in love with himself, and he personifies the definition of narcissist. He's not shy on stage when he out of the blue brags about his muscles and working out. Certainly doesn't seem in context on a seminar about UFOs. They love to talk and listen to their own voices, so I guess in that aspect, they're not doing it solely for the money.

In regards to them hurting the field of ufology? Yes, in some respects they probably are. But that is due to the people usually referred to as the "useful idiots" that time and time again defends these people.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You dont know who is just unknowlegable, who is a disinformer and who is telling the truth, you can't trust anyone, even former officers, military personnel, however, it is better to listen to them and see if what they say is possible than David Icke. Icke is just a big believer who goes as far as talking about reptilians.

What I feel sad about isn't Ufology but ATS... (well I don't really care about ATS just saying it is a pathetic picture to see)

I've always been neutral to this endless 'ETs are here' 'No they are not' argument and when I take the side of thinking ETs could have and likely have visited, I base it on all that ever exists. However, it all stays at one place, there is no much progress ever.

I've been for this year in ATS only (I've researched UFOs since years ago though), and I am already tired of all this daily YouTube blobs of light videos, 'ETs are here' 'No they are not' threads

Why dont you just ALL OF YOU do your own business, enjoy life a little, keep that info about UFOs/Aliens in mind and move on? What's with members staying here for years and speculating for years? This shows how much of a believers you are.. you just don't want to let go, do you?

Even skeptics? You are hypocrites - you stay here because you know there is some truth in al this, yet you feel stronger when you deny the evidence, you stay here, if you were really that skeptic you wouldn't continuously stay here and for years just deny and deny,

This is sad picture in ATS indeed, what's the point of speculating when you will not help it at all? Nothing wll be revelead until Govs decide so you make no difference with your threads here

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
This is sad picture in ATS indeed, what's the point of speculating when you will not help it at all? Nothing wll be revelead until Govs decide so you make no difference with your threads here

SO we can expect this to be your last post as there's little point to any of this.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Well of course they get sucked in by the money. My point was it is not just as simple as the money.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

SO we can expect this to be your last post as there's little point to any of this.

Disappointing for haters, no, I never said forever, time for another break from ATS, though. I'm questioning the point of speculating for years, is it some kind of UFO fandom?

That is why the only thing ATS is useful about is when someone gathers all the documents and things that exist about a case in one place. 90% of the threads are useless, the other 10% show some info thanks to those who took the time to do it.And I approve what these have done.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I have pretty much the same view you've expressed here. I wouldn't call Icke a Ufologist at all. He doesn't discuss UFO sightings or ET encounters at all. His reptillians are interdimensional and terrestrial, I that subject is distinct from Ufology. A charlatan is someone that deliberately misleads and to be honest you can't prove that Icke doesn't 100% believes what he says, it's all his opinion.

On the other hand you have Greer and I would agree he deliberately misleads. He charges people $1000 a night to contact ET's and then says the government is covering up ET's. If he can contact them, disclosure shouldn't be a problem! He tried to pass off a picture of a moth as an alien too, amongst other things.

To the OP; There's nothing you can do about the people that you think are making UFOolgy 'look silly'. People have freedom of thought and can be as undiscerning as they like in what they believe to be credible.

Instead of bemoaning the situation maybe you could try and promote the UFOlogists and true scientists that approach the subject in a credible manner and don't make huge leaps based on personal feeling. A blog or website perhaps.
I think that is a great idea even if I do say so myself

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I have felt sad for the cause for quite some time. For anyone who prefers science to speculation, for all of us who repect data over disinformation, the current raft of complete twits, spouting gibberish are a disgrace, and a black mark upon the tabard of our area of interest.

One should never respect the word of a man who is capable of seeing an alien , in a picture of a moth.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Somehow double posted.... sorry folks
edit on 16-11-2011 by TrueBrit because: See above

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Don't feel sad...in every movement there are the true believers and then those that are trying to use it and make a buck off of that movement...aka UFOs, Chritianity, Climate Change, etc.

I have seen a UFO... and not from a few thousand feet or a little dot in the sky... but from a hundred yards and in a field at tree top level.

Some craft are military and man-made, some are hallucinations or desperate attempts of the mind to make nothing into something, and then... there are the real UFOs.

As I have stated before.. no one will ever believe you until they see one themselves... and once they/ you have seen one... no one will ever be able to convince you otherwise.

Don'e be sad... be happy...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

First of all,David Icke isn't a ufologist.Second,Steven Greer never talked about reptilians and crop circles.That's how little you know about this subject.

You want proof?Well my friend,use GOOGLE.There are tones of pics and videos that cannot be explained.There are tons of testimonies from NSA,FBI,CIA,RFA which indicate that we have been visited by some more advance civilization.You have pyramids and many other things.

If you want to know more about this,you first need to open your mind and to stop believing in media lies.

edit on 16-11-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join