It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorent people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My wife is from Germany & she has been living in America for almost 2 years. Once in awhile she jumps ina german chat room to see whats going on back in Germany. I have noticed the ugly face of some europeans toward Americans & it really bothers me. My wife was attacked in the chat room for being in America & being married to an American. She was told that all americans should be beheaded because we are scum & that we are getting what we deserve. She replied by telling them that judging a whole nation & being so violent about it was not right. They told her that every American, even her husband & 8 month old baby should be slaughtered & beheaded because they are American. They also claimed that American people & the American military are weak compared to the German people.It makes me sick the way that these people act. After all of the people that have died to liberate Europeans & this is the payback. Mu wife is disgusted by the way some of them act & she is European. I used to have allot of respect for Europeans but now they just get my ugly American middle finger. By the way, if your interested in sending your regards to the coward that made these statments his address is **************************

[edit on 9-3-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
American Allies......

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
First of all - Welcome to ATS.

Just as these people shouldn't judge all Americans based on their opinions of a few - you shouldn't make the same judgement about a few morons in a chatroom. It so much easier for ignorant people to paint Americans with a broad brush rather than engaging in intelligent inquiry and debate.

My heart does go out to your wife though - nothing like someone wishing the death of your child to try and make their point. I guess it says something about their opinions to begin with.

My suggestion - blow them off and get her to come here. There are many members from all over the world at ATS and while we don't always get along or see eye to eye, she would be welcomed by one and all.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Have you considered the posiibility that your wife might be corresponding with a Muslim. All that beheading talk would lead me to believe this. As for the German people hating us I don't think this to be true.
One last thing. For some diehards WWII never ended.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Public chatrooms are rarely a decent and efficient way to poll the general intelligence and/or opinion of people, as you said yourself, they are usualy ignorant troll infested hellholes.

Could I ask you what chatroom it was?
Some MSN, AIM, YAHOO, public IRC?
(EDIT: just reread, the dude has an AOL email addy, that says enough for me ...)
People joining that kind of public chatrooms are mainly kids or people that discovered the internet and think chatrooms make them cool and makes them think they can say whatever they want, without ever thinking.

Don't go on 1 experience, you wife knows that her home country doesn't have that kind of opinion towards american people. You know it too, and thats why this shocked you so much.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by thematrix]

new topics

top topics

join