It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something took over me earlier today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My sister-in-law has worked at a vet clinic for at least 10 years and I can assure you that vast amounts of charity go on at any vet clinic. People dump animals there all the time and vets and their employees often of to great lengths to care for the animals, including costly treatment, and then find them good homes.

A veterinary service requesting that people pay for their service is not a sign of the apocalypse or of impending civil war. It was really nice what you did, I have done similar things. Think of this, how did you have the money to pay that bill? Probably by demanding that your service to someone else be paid for. If vets gave away treatment for free all the time there would be no vet clinics.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Something happened along the way. The rich used to be the CEO's and the factory owners, MD's, and the best Lawyers.That is why I laugh at OWS and any other O.. you can name. Vets, Managers,Pastors, Mechanics and Factory Joes make as much and have as much as the elite of 50 years ago. We all have nicer cars, computers, cell phones, and larger houses than our Grandparents did. WE ARE their Elite. Common workers have 401k's, Walmart Managers make 100k. We have more than our ansestors dreamed of. Malphus was right, give a man food and he will reproduce, give him a bed and he will demand a house, give him a car and a vacation every year and he will feel entitled to Free Health Care, a Mercedes and a College Degree. It is all progressive, we need to reset. We are re-setting NOW. get used to it. You deserve, NOTHING..Americans are about to find that out.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Fabulous thread. You reminded me of when I was walking home late at night on Christmas Eve many many years ago. I stopped at a Chinese food place with a bay marie out the front. As I was looking at the selections I noticed a young boy standing at the end of the counter - looking longingly at the hot food.

I sensed what to do and I asked him if he would like a meal. He was so surprised he couldn't speak he nodded like a kid that could not believe his luck. I pointed to the food and asked him to make his selection and he took a couple of steps towards me and threw his arms around me.

He must have been starving. I noted that as he wrapped his arms around me I realised how small in stature he was and I also realised how young and that he was just a Child.

So - from a story about a parent trying to get medical help for the family pet - to a stranger feeding a street Child on christmas eve - if only they were stories and not realities. And if only more people stopped placing so much emphasis on money. I have said in a few of my posts - we need to get rid of money. The first thing people say is go back to barter.Noooooooo that's where money evolved. We have to change every aspect of our lives and ridding money from every part of society is one of the most important aspects to our evolution and survival.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Fabulous thread. You reminded me of when I was walking home late at night on Christmas Eve many many years ago. I stopped at a Chinese food place with a bay marie out the front. As I was looking at the selections I noticed a young boy standing at the end of the counter - looking longingly at the hot food.

I sensed what to do and I asked him if he would like a meal. He was so surprised he couldn't speak he nodded like a kid that could not believe his luck. I pointed to the food and asked him to make his selection and he took a couple of steps towards me and threw his arms around me.

He must have been starving. I noted that as he wrapped his arms around me I realised how small in stature he was and I also realised how young and that he was just a Child.

So - from a story about a parent trying to get medical help for the family pet - to a stranger feeding a street Child on christmas eve - if only they were stories and not realities. And if only more people stopped placing so much emphasis on money. I have said in a few of my posts - we need to get rid of money. The first thing people say is go back to barter.Noooooooo that's where money evolved. We have to change every aspect of our lives and ridding money from every part of society is one of the most important aspects to our evolution and survival.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
In the UK if you are not working you can get a form from the vet to give to the local council to confirm that you are on support benefit. They stamp it and you give that and you have only to give £5 to the vet to send to the authority that deals with it and as long as you continue to do this every 4 months I think it is, then all vet bills are free. Only thing is you have to pay for the usual injections etc like when it is very young etc but major ones that need operations are covered.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Ummm........Thank you Muse.....One small act of compassion...confirming that "all is not lost"...If we could just step away from "society" and realize that we are a part of.....and not apart from.

I watched the movie "Hachi" today.....while I was waiting for the internet repair guy.....what a testament...The perfect devotion that a dog will give to it's human pack mate......

You let this man know that compassion is alive and well...you provided a life-lesson to his daughter...one that she will not soon forget.....You gifted them hope and the basis for a true thanksgiving...Just as you gifted that here...to us all..........................Thank you Muse.................words can just not say...

YouSir

edit on 15-11-2011 by YouSir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes we have .

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
It is Admirable that you saw a fellow Human being in need, PLACE IN FRONT of YOU, and you responded in kindness.

These acts of random kindness should be performed by each of us when the need is place in our face.

Not to discount anything that you did, but some advice to you on how you react after performing a random act of kindness.

One should NEVER announce that they have performed an act of kindness, you have already received all the reward that you are due through our praise of your actions.

Would it not have been better to have said nothing and be “owed” your reward.

Just food for thought.

edit on 15-11-2011 by brokedown because: (no reason given)

Every time I hear of somebody doing these kind of acts, I think the exact same thing, due to my upbringing and my mother drilling it into my head to never seek praise for such acts....

Why is that? Why can't we seek praise for our good actions? Is it because it makes us feel better about ourselves? What is wrong with having other people acknowledge a kind act??

I like to think that it can be helpful to someone else to hear of acts so that they may be inspired through somebody else

Star and Flag to the OP!
Hearing of such stories is inspiring to me, so thank you

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

This story reminds me of the day my friends dog broke his leg. They took the dog to the vet and they vet bills were 2k. Shortly after that the dog was hit by a car... and it died..

Fast forward to today.. Their labradoodle broke it's leg in a prarie dog hole while running in the field... he just had the leg amputated lol. so there is a silly looking dog with three legs walking around the yard.

It is sad that a man had to beg so much just fix up a dog. it is awesome you helped.

I still do not know why medical care is a business or any of our needs are a business. Luxuries sure but needs.. i bet they would charge for the air we breathe if they could.. oh wait they are trying...,. carbon taxes...

and you should not look for praise when you do something for someonelse.. it kinda defeats the purpose as the praise you get is like getting something out of it. I hate when i do nice things and people give me praise. they don't understand that i just do it because I should regardless of praise or admiration.
edit on 15-11-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk
reply to post by muse7

and you should not look for praise when you do something for someonelse.. it kinda defeats the purpose as the praise you get is like getting something out of it. I hate when i do nice things and people give me praise. they don't understand that i just do it because I should regardless of praise or admiration.
edit on 15-11-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

WHY?? I was raised this mentality and it doesnt seem totally correct! How do people know what good acts are if they are not inspired by the hearing of a good act??

Maybe feedback from other people is good because it helps that person to continue doing good acts and in return maybe somebody else is inspired....

This whole you shouldn't tell thing to me is just another religious ruse.

I WANT TO HEAR OF GOOD ACTS EVERYDAY!!! Dont you???? Maybe if more people did so, there would be more compassion in life!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Muse7 a very commendable thing you did but i do find the on the whole the robin hood method of coming to the financial rescue a little queezy .Not on your part i think thats a beutiful thing but i personally wouldnt have posted it God rewards those that work tirelessly behind the scenes and who seek no praise or adulation in any form because it is our duty to share save or show love because one day it might be you thats on yer arse crying being walked by and stared at by philistines.Ok back to my queeziness programme over ere in uk secret milionaire who weekly sets about secreting themselves intoa worthwhile cause charity etc and then evry week without fail turn into money superman and all the tears and joy of the poor bastrds when super money man eases thier distress for another year,On the face of it great making use of his her fortune but how much is self publicity self aggrandisment,self love narcissism whatever look mummy arent i good boy i just single handedly saved that poor f***** with my sometimes illegal gains,begger then obligated wheteher he likes it or not .theres a fine balance between givin money and sucking power give unto ceasar what is ceasars and unto god what is gods.Personally if i won euromilions not a #in chance would anybody know what i would do with it no chance besides what a terminally il cancer paitient wants is not useless money or hopeless gift horse but the last few words of sincere lovin words he she will hear on this earth

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thank-you for being human, you did so much with just one act. It's not about the money and you did more than save that dog, you saved that little girl and maybe her dad too by turning a situation either of them could have used to hate...into love.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
As a young teenager, I haven't been able to provide the type of random compassion and good-samaritanism as on your scale, but I can definitely understand what overcame you and the feeling you experienced afterwards. I am very young, but I do what I can to help friends in need and even strangers in any way I can; it helps to alleviate my own personal cognitive dissonance and spiritual qualms. It's good to see that there are ways to continue this as a fully functioning and operable adult; it's inspiring to young psychonauts such as myself.

As for all those decrying your posting of this act into the public; it inspires young ones such as myself. Inspiration through proof of the good of the human soul; isn't that a good enough reason to post something like this?
edit on 15-11-2011 by ClosedEyeVisuals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
Bless your heart for helping that family out.

My vet would never turn a man like that away. His office is very informal and he does not have staff that shields him from the patients financial concerns. I have seen him on several occasions do things for people at no charge. He said it's just good karma to help people. In return, he has a lot of people who LOVE him. His reputation is spreading throughout several towns and people travel many miles to have their pets cared for by him.

That vet got into the "business" for the money. He probably has a slick looking office and charges office visits. This is disgusting. I can understand people wanting to make a decent living but they should not do so at the expense of the less fortunate.

My vet has a very humble office and reasonable charges and yet still manages to make very good money.

My vet is the same. OP, if I were you I would change vets.

First, The $125 charge for a "look see" is outrageous!

Secondly, a caring vet would have a sliding scale policy for people who "qualify" or would accept a payment plan as you did.

I've personally seen vets prolong illnesses needlessly and misinform clients as to the true condition of the pet, milking sympathetic pet owners to shell out $100, even $1000's in tests and procedures only to have to put the pet down.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I once was eating at Arby's in the parking lot middle of winter, i had spent my last 5 dollars. As I ate in my car, an old lady pulled into the parking lot with a flat tirem, mind you it was dead of winter and it's was an extremely cold day... So she ended up parking next to me and got out to look at what was wrong, I don't know why but I decided that I should help her out. So I got out and asked her if I could assist her. She was in her late 70 early 80s. Also mind you I wasn't expecting anything in return, so I finished changing her flat and threw the flat in her trunck... As soon as I turned around she had a hundred dollar bill to give me.. I accepted and was extremely thankful considering being broke at the time. Moral of the story.... True story by the way.... It's always a good thing to help someone out in need...it pays to help and not necessarily financially.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It happened yesterday, I was at the veterinarian clinic to get my dog's shots up to date. Keep in my mind that my financial situation is not the best in the world. While I was there waiting, this man and his daughter came inside with their dog that seemed very sick. They had the $125 for the basic physical exam to see what was wrong with the dog, however the receptionist told them that any treatment after that would be at extra cost. The man told the receptionist that he had no money to cover the extra expenses after that. He was told to fill out an application for something called "Care Credit", it's a credit card but it can only be used for medical expenses. He didn't qualify.

He was begging to the receptionist in front of his 12 year old daughter, their dog was in very bad shape. It's shocking how some veterinarians claim they "love animals" but they ignore animals that are in desperate need of help, time and time again. I know that they have expenses to pay, and a staff that expects a paycheck every week but how can they sleep at night knowing they let an animal die, just because it's owners didn't have money?

I was sitting there, and I was listening to the whole thing, and I told myself that I needed to do something to help them. For me, money is not as important as saving a life whether it's a human or an animal. So as they were leaving and getting into their car, I followed them and called the man over, I talked to him and told him that I would talk to the receptionist and ask her I could use my credit card to pay for their expenses, I was able to and I told the man that he could pay me monthly or whenever he could. I really don't care if he doesn't pay me, I couldn't care less about the money or if he pays me back. What's rewarding for me is knowing that I helped someone, when they thought they had no one to turn to, their dog will be okay and the little girl is happy, knowing her dog will be okay.

It's sad how money decides whether or not you'll have a place to sleep, if you'll eat or if you'll live or die. What happened to compassion? Why have we decided to put Money above everything else? Have we really sunk so low that having money decides whether or not someone will live or die?
edit on 11/15/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

BRAVO. That was a big gesture by you and I want to commend you. Now, you would think this couldn't happen to people needing help but it does everyday by medical doctors, so I'm not surprised vets are being all about the dollar as well. The economy is so that people actually are left choosing between compassion or money, is that sad or what?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Best thing I have read all week...

I am so happy you have a heart. Many would have just sat and watched and never give it another thought... You gave that family, that little girl, the world.

I am literally tearing up. I am thankful people like you exist. Such good karma will be sent your way....

I want to hug you. Thank you for being a good example of how we should be acting... if you have nothing to lose, you can help others gain. Giving instead of taking.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i've been on both sides of this fense.

my last dog was a hound-rottie mix. he developed tumors in his chest at about 3.
when i noticed them, i took him to a vet while working in prescott arizona for a summer.
treatment was extensive, i managed to come up with 1500, but it was less than half of the overall bill, which included deep discouns in labor.
the vet was amazing, never even reall asked for the rest of the bill.
it was litterally over a month of visits after the initial surgery, which was about 5 days of him being there.
my friend was with me for a few years after, but succombed to the disease which returned with a vengence.

the flip side of the coin was camping in the high country in colorado.
i was awoken by a wet lick on my nose one morning.
standing there was a beautiful wolf hybrid.
after waking up and greeting the animal i noticed the blood.
a nasty gunshot wound in it's belly.
it took about 2 hours to convince him it was ok to get in my truck.
luckily no organs were hit and the total bill was about 1200.
i posted signs and recieved a call the next day.
meet with the caller.
the wolf wnt right to him so there was no questioning it was his dog.
when i showed him the bill he gave me a hundred bucks and started offering tools and stuff to compensate me.
i was doing well enough at the time that the expense didn't hurt too much so i told him not to worry about the rest.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
This is why I firmly believe there will be a civil war, once more people open their eye's and truly see what's going on. Our government is either aware or not aware that the population does out number those who trample the rights of their people and pass laws to benefit theirs.

What in the behcheezes are you going on about???

A civil war because people want pay to spend their life on doing their profession, spending their life on it?

First of all, you only have 1 life. You`re awake only 12 hours of it, and the time of your life that`s really worth mentioning is from when you`re 20 until you`re 60. When your body works rather good and you`re free to do what you want.

That means everyone here only have 175 200 waking hours to live their life to the fullest.

And you`re telling me that there will be a civil war because people want to decide for them selves what to spend 1 of those precious hours on????

Give me a break!

Besides, people have been doing services for pay since before the iron age - why should we suddenly change our way now?

-- And to the poster --
there are animal shelters, free clinics and other things available. If you don`t have the money to care for a dog, or sense to put aside money for it like you would for your kid, then you simply shouldn`t get a dog. IT`S NOT A TOY!
edit on 15-11-2011 by br0ker because: spelling

edit on 15-11-2011 by br0ker because: more spelling

edit on 15-11-2011 by br0ker because: even more spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Next time, do something nice and don't tell anyone.

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.
“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
(Matthew 6:1-4 ESV)
edit on 11/15/2011 by Fury1984 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join