It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do forms take the shapes that they do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Is there a divine template governing the shapes of forms? I know of the platonic solids and sacred geometry and such, but what is the abounding essence that directs the forms to take the shapes that they do?

Would you say they are random? Would you say they are following some divine substance?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
maybe it has something to do with frequency.

edit on 14-11-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Specific frequencies and vibrations create specific forms. There's a large variety of forms we can see in this spectrum of light, and there's a lot more we can't see. Have you looked into Cymatics?

Check at 2:05

More examples

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Chemical van Der waal forces at molecular level.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic you've brought to us. Part of the template we use is the very perception of these shapes and all "our reality" in general. As children and young students we are trained, even coerced to perceive what our family members, teachers and friends "see". It's a mandatory visual tradition that would be hard to change. If we don't conform to the reality being taught us, we are shunned and categorized as , unusual, retarded, special or slow.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is a really cool topic. I've seen these before and they make me wonder, even though it's probable that there is so much more to it than that, but maybe Gravity is nothing more than vibration.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Another profound and very cool topic justin. I would be betting on frequency as well. In terms of gemstones the natural crystal shape would determine what amplifying properties they would have. This is something i really would like to look into myself.

It would be interesting on the metaphysical side of things to compare DAZ21's Van der Waals forces with what we think we know of New Age Vibratory Theory (whatever that is) and see if you can come up with any correlation

Van der Waals forces include attractions between atoms, molecules, and surfaces, as well as other intermolecular forces. They differ from covalent and ionic bonding in that they are caused by correlations in the fluctuating polarizations of nearby particles (a consequence of quantum dynamics)

wiki

You should write a book one day....

edit on 14/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join