It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the Sun sucked the Earth right into it's orbit?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Geez like it's impossible for you to use your imagination. Yuh, lighten up, would ya...
I put this under general chit chat and it's just that.

Goodness sake if you had to use your brain for 5 minutes to come up with a plausible theory to a hypothetical situation.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Oh the irony. If you had used your imagination and your brain, you would have figured out a plausible theory on your own.

I thought I was very nice and answered your question in my first reply, as best as I could.

I then very politely asked you a very valid question, maybe you could return the favor by answering it.

I don´t see the pioint in wasting ATS bandwith just so you can have fun with a thread that a 5 year old could provide a plausible theory for, while you are seemingly proud of not using your own brain.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Well if your looking for a debate or argument, you came to the wrong thread. see ya.

As for your question, you asked nothing that pertained to my question? So, no I will not answer you.
edit on 14-11-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It seems you started the argument with your attitude, while I was nothing but cooperative with you and your thread.

How does asking if you are satisfied with the answers, not pertain to your question, and why is the question if you could have figured it out on your own so horrible?

Because it´s true?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wow CaptainInstaban, if you are going to criticise every thread that appears to waste ATS bandwidth you have your work cut out for you.

Take it easy and don't resort to personal insults, its General Chit Chat man, you know lighthearted banter and a bit of fun!
I'm sure there is a thread discussing anal probing by inter-dimensional extra terrestrial demons on spaceship Elenin that isn't a waste of bandwidth that you can join in on.

This thread has served the purpose of shedding light on some very serious people who cannot ignore a thread that they have no interest in purely because it is an affront to their intellect. So in that respect it isn't a waste of time.IMHO

C'mon people, smile, we are sitting ducks on a small rock hurtling at tremendous speed through space., the sun, asteroids, microbes, earthquakes, super-volcanoes, our governments, all are capable of wiping us out as we sit nervously on the brink of nuclear war.
Lets just keep the General Chit Chat forum just that.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Whatever guy, as pointed out, I was fully cooperative till this girl was giving me attitude.

Am I not allowed to ask if she really needed our help for this?

If I post a thread titled What Would Happen If I Jumped Into A Lake Of Molten Lava would you not wonder if I was able to find my own answer?

Sure there are other threads that could be considered a waste, but they are often not about one painfully obvious without a doubt answer.

What triggered my annoyance was not even the thread but the way OP was acting all cool about how her brain stopped working an stuff bro, you kno bro? Jeah dude.

Btw, what personal insult are you talking about? Can you quote it and maybe notify a mod?

edit on 14-11-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
"The future of the planet is closely tied to that of the Sun. As a result of the steady accumulation of helium at the Sun's core, the star's total luminosity will slowly increase. The luminosity of the Sun will grow by 10% over the next 1.1 Gyr (1.1 billion years) and by 40% over the next 3.5 Gyr.Climate models indicate that the rise in radiation reaching the Earth is likely to have dire consequences, including the loss of the planet's oceans"

Wikipedia: Earth's Future

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

hmm so it is a possible that Sun can consumes us. I just won't be alive to see it. Dang it, always miss out on the exciting things.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Looks like a lot of people never learned this FAMOUS statement.
"There's no such thing as a stupid question"
Shame on you...

For me, the answer is, we already have been "sucked in" First as dust collecting around a central mass...Then as a planet as the dust and other debris collected. Earth was lucky enough to end up in a stable orbit.
If something were to happen, which caused us to lose our stable orbit and we headed in towards the sun (There is a Twilight zone episode about this, I think)...We would shake and bake, as our orbit decayed. Earthquakes from extreme tidal forces, evaporation of oceans..Our moon might be ripped away...Then, once close enough, a whimper of ash, and poof, nothing...And the sun would keep on shinin'.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

We orbit the Sun, we can´t be sucked into the Sun´s ORBIT.

We could maybe be swallowed by the sun eventually when it goes supernova on our behinds.

What you will feel is that it probably will get warmer and warmer.....

Our star is too small to go supernova. It will, however, turn into a red giant and during the process grow larger than our orbit (which will result in the earth being consumed)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is how the Earth would react.
ERRGHFERSPLOOSH * crackle crackle meltingg, meltinnggg, melted*

Thats my theory on the matter anyways.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If we got pulled into the sun, first, we'd soon all look like George Hamilton, then, we'd be walking around in asbestos suits, then we'd all simply burst into flames...

It'd be all in all, a pretty bad day...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join