It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiatal hernia sufferer here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hi,I was just wondering if anyone could give me any information regarding alternative methods to surgery. I've done a little research on the web but I get the same answers.Been prescribed nexium but this doesent help at all!.Can't breath!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

Try a medicine called Ranitidine, it helped me!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
hi , my husband suffers with hiatus hernia and he has been prescribed zoton ... this is very effective and works in minutes ... hope you get it sorted!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I agree Nexiuk doesn't help for crap and none of the other medicines I have taken helped. I haven't had any problems with it in 8 years though, mine is extremely small, and I have forgotten i have it. I would talk with your doctor and let them know it's not working, and seeing what else can be done. How big is yours? If it's bulging out then maybe surgery will be a relief for you? What does your doctor say about getting surgery? Like I said mine is very small and they won't even consider surgery for me. I wish you luck!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If it is a sliding hiatal hernia then you have more options I believe. However if it is a paraesophageal hernia, its a bit more serious in the sense that the blood supply can actually get cut off, which is when they will do the surgery to put the hernia back in place in a sense. The time to seriously look at surgery is if you have any sever abdomen and/or chest pain, nausea/vomiting, bad constipation cause it might point to a more serious obstruction.

From what I read, laparoscopic surgery is fairly non invasive but there is still healing time afterwards I guess depending on the severity.

If you are experiencing the above symptoms I would definitely consider surgery since a constriction like that is some serious stuff. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My problem is that I don't have or ever had any acid reflux issues. The nexium however, it feels like,is causing me to have symptoms. My hernia is a small hernia that slides and expands and contracts. Sometimes I'm in pain and can't breath for a month only subsiding a day or to. Constant pain always.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Was thinking about maybe seeing a chiropractic surgeon or acupuncturist but unsure how safe and effective.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well common sense to me is that I would not want a "chiropractor" of any sort pressing and "adjusting" (shudder) my internal organs by feel alone. And im not sure how needles in the skin make organs shift their position and/or fix a physical issue. The hole is too big where your esophagus passes through so it slips up a bit to far with your stomach upon a swallow and can get lodged and slip back out or get stuck to the point of obstruction.
Not all people will experience reflux with a hiatal hernia, and the constant pain is sign enough that it may be necessary for surgery, or at the very least a a CT scan or something to see if there is anything immediately wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Did you have your gallbladder remove? many people will develop IBS and Hiatal hernia after having their gallbladder remove.

top topics

join