It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of US Military interventions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So i found this website which lists every intervention of the US military since 1890, and yeah; theres a LOT. I dont understand why people still join the forces when it's clear what kind of things are done, and how the politicians blatantly lie in our faces.

academic.evergreen.edu...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This list should have been posted in that other joke of a thread "Iran 100 years"

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

This is a very skewed list. It throws genuine aggressive foreign intervention actions in with National Guard callups where they just stood around to discourage violence. And by mixing in the Wrapup of Indian Wars, you are including domestic "interventions." Compared to many other countries, the US doesn't hold a candle to actions within its own borders. They also include "interventions" separately that are part of the same action, ie Guam/Cuba/Puerto Rico -all part of the same action. Phillipines can claim its own due to a long and bloody "insurgency" that followed the Spanish American War. And including WW2? The US was attacked on it own soil. In other words, this list is making itself blatantly slanted and manipulated to anyone who knows anything about history.

Which is working against its own cause. If one were just honest and straightforward, most Latin American interventions since 1890 on behalf of large corporations are enough to make someone angry. And, of course, Cold War engagements all over the world.

There is no need to try and exaggerate and skew the numbers here. On a whole, there is a good case against many of the foreign interventions by the US. But, by including WW2, small National Guard activations, domestic Indian Wars, breaking one intervention into many, etc this list is a fail.
Just trying too hard and by doing so, hurts its legitimacy.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Look at it if we go all the way back to 1775. 235 years as a country and 209 years of war.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

True. But how is that different from any other nation/people in all of human history? Real history. Not fantasy history where American Indians are peaceful or something.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by radosta

It's not, and some wars are more just than others. Human beings are a pretty vicious lot.
If there were any proof of alien life out there it would lie in the fact that we've had nuclear weapons since 1945 and haven't managed to wipe ourselves out.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Unfortunately, your little poster is wrong. The US was not involved in WW1 between 1914 and 1918. The US turned up in 1918 to claim their part in the victory. With such basic inaccuracies as that one would have to question the punchline.

Come on, let's try a bit harder with history.

Regards

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
Look at it if we go all the way back to 1775. 235 years as a country and 209 years of war.

"235 years as a country and 209 years of war."

That would mean 26 years of peace.1783-1812 is how many years? Looks like 29 years to me, so just with the time between our first and second war you are already a liar. You did a wonderful job of failing math.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
reply to post by jlv70

Unfortunately, your little poster is wrong. The US was not involved in WW1 between 1914 and 1918. The US turned up in 1918 to claim their part in the victory. With such basic inaccuracies as that one would have to question the punchline.

Come on, let's try a bit harder with history.

Regards

Why let a little fact get in the way of a good propaganda, I mean story.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

My goodness. Your little graphic there leaves me sick. I'd never actually done the math and run through the REAL fighting deployments of U.S. forces that way before. The ratio of years in existence to years at war actually make Israel a rather quiet, peaceful neighbor to live around by comparison.

WTH happened to our nation? I'm still proud of my country. America is one heck of a fine place to be from. However, that doesn't extend one inch to those who currently hold rule of the nation I love so deeply. They can be thrown into the Atlantic as one big group for all I care. I'm just stunned.... geeze...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Americans as a people are great, caring and only strive for peace.

but the moment they look beyond their own borders working for the government, it's like something clicks in their minds and they become ruthless psychopaths ready to devour everything and everyone in the way for a quick buck, then in turn, tell everyone at home that it's for the peace they care so much for so they continue to fund it.

most americans don't want this type of label, they just want to live.
but they fail to realize that to live the way they do, they have to bring down the entire world around them.
edit on 5-12-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes, because Europeans never start wars right guys? Except that one time where they caused 60 million deaths, but lets just forget about that one

No one's a saint, not America, and DAMN well not Europe. Worst offenders of all.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

besides the horrible math Americans did start all those wars they where just part of them along with several other countries. An come on The War of 1812 yeah we really started that one... sure we may have been trying to steal parts of Canada but the British had it coming and they where the aggressors. plus it didnt actually start in 1812 so doesnt that through the math off even more?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pugachev

Yeah, let's only count the white countries, like asian and middle eastern nations haven't been warring for thousands of years.

The only relatively peaceful lands have been those settled by various nature peoples, and even they have had their fair share of war and or conflicts.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes...

Lets not mention the context and just throw those figures out there.
No agenda here

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"The 335yr war"
en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah you may have never heard of it but I think they have us beat... And even better the Irish fought the English on and off but almost constantly in some form for over 500 years.

War is nothing new and there is no fair way to rank who is worse
edit on 8-12-2011 by DisIllusioned PatRiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I count 59 years at best....

Cold war and war against the Indians and a few short lived scuffles like Panama are not wars.

join